Women Hate

Options
13»

Replies

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am from india and I know what you mean. Though it has not been the case in my families (I would consider myself lucky) and many others.. but thats still a mentality which exist in india. Very few people actually want a girl. Even if its a girl and she turns out to be of a dark skin tone, there will be no end to her woes. Girls, specially girls with a dark complexion is considered as a burden to family. Its a sick mentality. There are activists, protests but it is going to take a long time to change peoples mentality.

Oh, it all sounds so horrible. :(

It's good to know that there are people fighting it. I hope change is seen. Change takes a long time, always, but it will come.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Well wait a minute, , , aren't the liberals and television media telling us we're supposed to "embrace" cultural diversity???

I was waiting for someone to come in here and start spouting Republican Talking Points.......Cultural Diversity is one thing. Mistreating an entire gender to the point of abuse and murder is a WHOLE other issue. That's a human rights issue and it's disturbing that cultures would be so cruel to their own people just because they happen to have been born without the Y chromosome.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Well first, you have to realize that in China and India the situations are not the same. In China, the reason for high mortality for girls is because of the one child policy. Girls are not necessarily undesireable in China, but it's very important to have a boy to carry down the family name. So, under circumstances where the one child policy didn't exist, having a girl wouldn't be a problem. For those of you who don't know what the one child policy is, China will pay for your first child's schooling, health care, food, etc as it is a communist nation. They will not pay for anything for your second child, so if you want your child immunized or sent to school, you have to pay for it out of pocket. That encourages many poorer families to abort girls or get rid of them because of the importance of carrying on the family name and the inability to care for a second child.

In India, it's a different story. Historically, before marriage, the parents of the daughter must present the future husband's family with a gift. This gift is often in the form of money, cattle, or anything else of value. The gift must be agreed upon by the husband's family, so if they want to be greedy they can. The reason for this gift is that once married, the husband's family takes the woman into their home and supports her. Marriage is extremely important in Indian culture and once again if they can't afford it, they may often abort their daughter.

The circumstances of the world are very unfortunate, but people who are barely able to afford to eat take desperate measures. If you've never traveled to a third world country and experienced extreme poverty, I'd recommend it. It's very eye opening and enlightening. You definitely no longer take for granted your own life.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Cherish
    xil 1/12/14

Women should be cherished
    They are the life-bringers
    They hold the key
    And they are the gatekeepers.

They dull the sharp edges
    They kiss away the pain
    They are the great healers.

They are our mothers and sisters
    They are our daughters
    They are our wives and friends.

They should be protected
    They should be cared for
    They should be died-for.

I am not so out-of-date to think that women cannot hold their own, they can and often do. But when closed-minded eff'd up ignorant fools actively harm them for being women, rape them, beat them, kill them for being women, commit such hideous and barbarous acts of hatred toward them b/c they are women, it boils my blood.

You are awesome!

this^^^^
  • Purplevelvetww
    Options
    Taken from http://english.cri.cn/7146/2013/02/26/2702s750680.htm ***** It is not only a population problem, but also a grave social problem as many men will fail to find a wife. It's estimated that by 2020, China will have 24 million more men than women of marriageable age on the mainland. That means men have to compete against each other to find a wife and women's parents in China are now requiring more than before. For example, some parents will only allow their daughter to marry if the suitor owns a home and a car. Professor Wei Shangjin of Columbia University in the US even said on Fortune magazine that lonely single men are contributing to China's rising house prices.***** So what will the millions of single men who wish to marry do instead ?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that 'cherish' poem' is part of the PROBLEM, not a solution.

To me women are just other people.

Sure, I only find women attractive, but then of the many out there, it's only a fairly small percentage of those that I do.

So a woman is another person.
    I see no reason to either elevate them on a pedestal, nor consider them of lower value.
    Merely another person - I'll judge a person by their actions not chromosomes they can't change.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    One of the social problems in a society that destroys its female infants is that you end up with too few women of marriageable (aka breeding) age a few years down the line. I read somewhere that this can cause an increase in rape as there are a large number of young men who are not sexually satisfied and have no prospect of becoming so through legitimate means. Also, although dowries are common and traditional in many parts of india, the opposite is become prevalent in some parts i.e. women of marriageable age are so rare that people are having to buy their sons a wife.

Not to mention dowry killings where men will marry women for the dowry and then kill them so they can marry again.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Options
    Well wait a minute, , , aren't the liberals and television media telling us we're supposed to "embrace" cultural diversity???

I was waiting for someone to come in here and start spouting Republican Talking Points.......Cultural Diversity is one thing. Mistreating an entire gender to the point of abuse and murder is a WHOLE other issue. That's a human rights issue and it's disturbing that cultures would be so cruel to their own people just because they happen to have been born without the Y chromosome.

^^^ This
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else read the first sentence in their head with Will Smith's voice?
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Married to an Indian ! Whew good think we had a BOY !!! LOL

Its tough world out there ! needless to say . My husband left India soon after college , Married me and that is totally against their beliefs as well Not only am I not Indian but I was also Divorced and have Children with my 1st husband so those are all strikes against me so I will never be welcomed into their home. I have been married for 13 years now and have never met his parents or sister . He is visiting them again soon and I really wanted to go with him this year even if I had to stay in a hotel while he stayed with his parents but he doesn`t even want me traveling with him , I have come to find out that his father still does not even know that we are married or that he has a son !
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I really mean no offense, but you're just now discovering patriarchy (and misogyny) at 22 years old? Where have you been?

In america's public school system.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boom
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    lockdown in 3....2.....1
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing they don't kill all of the girl babies or their race would die out.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    i think its china(i could be wrong) but a daughter cant carry on the family company the son has to / should so if they have a daughter they usually go and adopt a son or something. but yeah some countries are just completely messed up. the only thing i like about china is the one baby limit

Not trying to change the subject, but curious why you like China's one baby limit...

Watch jeremy kyle. and lets face it the world is getting more and more and more overpopulated.
    its like those people on benefits who keep on having kids just so they can get more money. those people should have been castrated / spayed at birth

I'm just curious how someone would know, at birth, if the baby would grow up to pop out a bunch of kids for profit?

You know... For the "drain on society, spay and neuter" program.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Options
    i think its china(i could be wrong) but a daughter cant carry on the family company the son has to / should so if they have a daughter they usually go and adopt a son or something. but yeah some countries are just completely messed up. the only thing i like about china is the one baby limit

Not trying to change the subject, but curious why you like China's one baby limit...

Watch jeremy kyle. and lets face it the world is getting more and more and more overpopulated.
    its like those people on benefits who keep on having kids just so they can get more money. those people should have been castrated / spayed at birth

I'm just curious how someone would know, at birth, if the baby would grow up to pop out a bunch of kids for profit?

You know... For the "drain on society, spay and neuter" program.

Sorcery.
  • j67867
    j67867 Posts: 27
    Options
    yeh couldnt agree more mate just a bunch of tossers on that show
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My husband travels to India frequently for business and I went with him for 10 days. What an eye opener.

We were out and I met a very pretty Indian girl, and when it started to get to be dusk she told he she had to go because if a single woman is out alone after dark it is telling men she wants to be raped. :noway: (this was before the New Delhi bus rape).

Not only is the mentality toward women really effed up over there, the whole caste system blows my mind. In India you are either very rich, or very poor. And I mean VERY poor. If you are poor and a woman, God help you. We were out to dinner one night with a man who calls himself "The Chairman" - what a d!ck. I drank 5 glasses of wine at dinner just to keep my mouth shut since my husband is his structural engineer on his schools he builds over there. This guy was so pompous he wouldn't even talk to the waitress (WAY to beneath him) so he told his architect, in front of the waitress, what he wanted to order and drink - every time she came to the table, and the architect then told the waitress who I am SURE heard him in the first place.

India pretty much really left me feeling disheartened and sad, which is funny for such a "spiritual" place. I obviously didn't go check myself into an Ashram and meditate for 10 days. All the nice places are behind walls with guards and people (babies and children) live in cardboard boxes built against the walls outside. I guess if I lived in India I'd be hoping for the next life too - especially if I was a woman.

I know what you mean. I stay in a different city than my parents and they are in constant fear of something happening to me(read rape). If I am out even after 8.30pm and specially if I am not with a guy, they start panicking and calling me. I am pretty sure all these sounds really strange to people who are coming from foreign countries but this is the reality.

As for the Chairman, I think it was just him. I am pretty sure majority of Indians are not like that. But I will not deny the fact that Indians have become oblivious to the presence of poor people around them. We will see a beggar or a homeless person, but we wont feel the same way as our western counterparts. There is actually one of thing, some people are poor because they dont bother getting a job. They are okay with the lifestyle they lead. There is no dearth of work in India, but some people will just work on daily wages somewhere, spent it on alcohol, spent their wives wages on alcohol, sent their kids to work and send their money also on alcohol and beat them up when his wife cannot put food in front of him at night.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Married to an Indian ! Whew good think we had a BOY !!! LOL

Its tough world out there ! needless to say . My husband left India soon after college , Married me and that is totally against their beliefs as well Not only am I not Indian but I was also Divorced and have Children with my 1st husband so those are all strikes against me so I will never be welcomed into their home. I have been married for 13 years now and have never met his parents or sister . He is visiting them again soon and I really wanted to go with him this year even if I had to stay in a hotel while he stayed with his parents but he doesn`t even want me traveling with him , I have come to find out that his father still does not even know that we are married or that he has a son !

I am sorry and I apologize on behalf of some Indians stupid mentality. India has a long way to go in terms of 2nd marriages and divorces. Heck in most parts dowry and caste is still so important in marriage I feel frustrated. In my city things were a little different. When I moved to a different city I was so surprised how prevalent the dowry and caste system is for marriage. All these are not legal but it happens anyways. and people talk about it as if is perfectly normal!! I actually asked the girls why they put up with these though they are well educated and have a good job themselves. They bluntly told me otherwise they will not get married!!
  • dogalc
    dogalc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I guess it has a lot to do with dowry system. After delivery some of my patients scream as if they have lost everything, if its a baby girl. some patients who have had severe obstetric complications and who have been strongly advised against future pregnancies go for sixth or seventh pregnancies and lose their lives because in laws insist on a grandson. its more common in rural India though. with education many people think differently. I was not aware of this preference for a son thing till I went to another state for studies. It is heartbreaking to say the least.
  • dogalc
    dogalc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am from india and I know what you mean. Though it has not been the case in my families (I would consider myself lucky) and many others.. but thats still a mentality which exist in india. Very few people actually want a girl. Even if its a girl and she turns out to be of a dark skin tone, there will be no end to her woes. Girls, specially girls with a dark complexion is considered as a burden to family. Its a sick mentality. There are activists, protests but it is going to take a long time to change peoples mentality.
    very true. I am also from India. mostly parents are happy and adore their kids, whether girl or boy. My dad was super happy when he had two gals because he has some twisted logic that girls are more attached to their dads. Didn't workout 100% though;). but still there are some weirdos who consider girls as some second class citizens. case in point, There was a fellow college prof who told my father not to let me study any further because, according to him, if I become a doc then my dad has to spend more to find a guy for me( read dowry).