Lost 60 lbs, gained it all back. Need friends

Options
laineyluma
laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
Need friends to help keep me on track and for encouragement. I lost 60 lbs using mfp before and then gained it all back in about 5 months. I am so dissapointed with the fact that I ruined all my hard work. Looking for active users and people who will be encouraging.

:)

Replies

• Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey, yeah I'm struggling also. I had lost 58 and gained back about 8. I'm here for you if you want to be friends!!
  • Siebes1
    Siebes1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also gained back my weight loss, I know how disapointing it is. But your back! You have taken the first step.
    I log on daily and enjoy encouraging my friends. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • laineyluma
    Options
    So hard to lose, so easy to gain.
  • jd101proof
    Options
    Theres a good book called "Power Eating" by Susan Kleiner. It breaks down nutrition for men/women, weight training, fat loss, runners, vegetarians etc. Very comprehensive book that is VERY easy to understand without all the complicated junk in fad diet books etc. Hope this helps!
  • rennacoco
    Options
    welcome back :) feel free to add me—i log everyday.
  • didabugs
    Options
    If you need a weight loss buddy we could help eachother, I just gained 10 lbs.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    Hi

I am starting back after being sick for a month or two at the end of the year, and part of my new years resolution is to track and log as often as possible. I am on here several times a day and am happy for any active members to add me for shared motivation and support :)
  • CrystalStarstorms
    Options
    In my life if it is one thing that i have learned, Its ANYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

Just my advice hope it helps
  • Anthrogeeke
    Anthrogeeke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 doing HCG, gained it all back plus an extra 20. I was very discouraged and am just now just starting back the right way. Feel free to add me.
  • laurairadavis
    Options
    I too know how it feels, only this time I gained even more than what I originally weighed. This is my first time using mfp. I also started insanity. I just finished wk 1. And I can't wait to see some results. So does mfp really work by just staying on track with how many calories it tells you you can have?
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, anyone! :) I'm on here everyday & 17 lbs away from my first goal & 27 lbs from my total goal. I would love to get motivated & to motivate others :):):)

46790469.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • laineyluma
    Options
    I too know how it feels, only this time I gained even more than what I originally weighed. This is my first time using mfp. I also started insanity. I just finished wk 1. And I can't wait to see some results. So does mfp really work by just staying on track with how many calories it tells you you can have?

Yep, just plug in your exercise and every morsel that you put in your mouth and it works. It worked for me!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels! I lost 37 lbs and gained back 32 of it after falling hiking and injuring my tailbone as well as starting back at work on a very tiring job. When my tailbone did get better, my energy didn't. I'd also been eating stuff that I shouldn't and that was more the cause for my energy failure than my tailbone. I've been cutting out the stuff I shouldn't have and have lost 7 of the 32 since January 1st. To help motivate me I joined a 12 week challenge at the gym. I've never done that before and am really excited about it. I don't care if I win, just knowing that there are "BEFORE" pictures out there is helping to motivate me!

I've been logging every day since January 1st and will continue. My goal is to be able to post back in a year with good results. It seems that I don't have a problem losing the weight, the maintaining and keeping it off is the hard part for me. Hopefully I can change my thinking and get into this lifestyle change and not treat it as a diet.

Good luck to you!
  • nicolefrances1977
    nicolefrances1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :smile: I did the same thing. So if you need support and a friend to talk to. I am here for you!
  • danielamariaxo
    Options
    Here if you need a friend! I need to lose a decent amount of weight as well.. Need friends who can do daily checkups and are good motivators! Good luck.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation. I am newly committed and ready to do this! I have some great friends that I have met along the way, and am looking forward to meeting some new ones! Feel free to add me ;)
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! It can be hard work, but I'm seeing numbers (and a body) I never thought I'd have. I gained some back over the holidays but the flu helped me get back to where I was..LOL. Still a bit to go.
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me , Ive put about 10lbs back on and it is very noticeable to me :( My family went through a very stressful few month and everything went down hill , my weight and my health but myself and my partner are going to make a difference this year and prove everyone who doubted us wrong. This year we wish to lose weight and stop smoking ....wish us luck i think we need it !
  • karenowen60
    karenowen60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would love to add people or for them to add me, its great to all help & motivate each other on this journey. I log everyday. Unfortunately I don't know how to add people
  • Fk1437
    Fk1437 Posts: 16
    Options
    i need a lot of motivation n partners who can share stories n can motivate i need to lose 30kgs by June. i lost 15kgs last year. add me in i jus started getting back on my health regime i have been eating unhealthy for the past 2 months...