What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Game of thrones.

I just started the fifth book ("A Dance With Dragons"). Love this series.
  • cnd8304
    cnd8304 Posts: 14
    Options
    Working on the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. Starting the second book...'A Clash of Kings'. Also reading my text book for school but not as fun :yawn:

Before I started these I finished "A Cuckoo's Calling" by J.K. Rowling's other pen name. It was pretty good. Not into detective novels but I read it because I like her writing.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    To be starting "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

Loved this book. I listened to it on Audible. Wil Wheaton did a great job narrating it.
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've read 3 of his books, "Wicked" is brilliant! Haven't gotten to "Son of a Witch" yet, but I will.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    James Patterson - Kiss the Girls..

Read this one just before bed as a young single woman living near Chapel Hill. Freaked me out so much that I slept with a chair against my bedroom door.:laugh:
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Options
    Just started Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

I'm about 1/3 of the way through this. I'm enjoying it.
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Insurgent, it's the second book in the Divergent Series. I am also reading Made to Crave which is a bible study we are doing at church. Next week I will begin reading my Financial Statement Analysis book for school BLAH!!

I am reading the same thing! Well almost, I'm currently on the first book in the series Divergent but I'm also reading Made to Crave and doing the devotional along with the book.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I just started The Ballad of Frankie Silver. It's the true story of a woman hanged for murder in the Mountains of western NC. I think she was the first woman hanged in this region.

I am also reading The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey…I’m total psyched to get a better hold on my personal finances. It’s an easy read and I recommend it to anyone who is tire of always being on a tight budget.

Good to know (Re: Total Money Makeover). Someone gave that to me but I'm not usually into "self help" books so I havent read it yet.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old daughter and I pick a series to read together. Currently we are working our way through the Mortal Instruments, and we just finished the Divirgent Series.

For myself I'm currently re-reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Re-reading The Way of Kings from Brandon Sanderson before the next one comes out in March.

Divergent is on my list after I see the movie (so I don't get disappointed).
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Options
    "Procrastination: Why You Do It, What to Do About It Now" by Jane B. Burka

I keep meaning to read that one... ;-)
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    ALL NEW Square Foot Gardening - 2nd Edition
    and I am reading the Hobbit to my kids
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I just read, the fault in our stars.

I'm currently reading the shining
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    just finished The Red Plague Affair by Lillith Saintcrow
    Now reading A Touch of Magic by Maria V Synder
    Also re-reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

xx
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward

Supernatural (vampires & other new things), erotic, fighting action:blushing:
    Currently in Book 8 of 12 book series

Before that:

Eternal Gaurdians by Elisabeth Naughton

Awaiting Book 7 to be released
    Supernatural (greek mythology), erotic, daemons, gods:blushing:

Hey, if it has to do with supernatural entities, sex, action(fighting), and is a long book.
    I'm in.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This weekend I read "The FabYOUList" by Susan Campbell Cross.

It looked like a bit of a cheesy self help book and I just grabbed it on my way out of the library on Saturday. But it turned out to be HILARIOUS, it's more like a memoir and so, so funny. I have not laughed aloud at a book in quite some time :-)

As a bonus, it inspires you to think outside of your comfort zone and make lists of things that you would like to do/try/overcome. I highly recommend it, even if you just want a good laugh!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Bumping :)
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm currently reading Me before You by JoJo Moyes, its an emotional rollercoster of a book, sometimes your laughing, sometimes your crying. But i'm really enjoying it, would recommend it to anyone.

Glad to hear it - I've had this on hold at the library for a while.
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am almost done the third book in the Hunger Games series - Mockingjay! Best book out of the three! Can't wait for the movie!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm currently reading Me before You by JoJo Moyes, its an emotional rollercoster of a book, sometimes your laughing, sometimes your crying. But i'm really enjoying it, would recommend it to anyone.

Glad to hear it - I've had this on hold at the library for a while.

Despite the million and one amazing book reviews, this was completely slated at my book club.nobody liked it!!!!

Currently reading no man's nightingale by Ruth Rendell