2200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It would be 16 fat/ 48 carbs/ 480 protein. Would all that protein get me super ripped. (Which is my goal) How healthy is this? Advice? Thx

My concern is the fat is too low. Having a low fat to protein ratio can be toxic. Also fat intake that low will mess with your hormones and testosterone production. I'd readjust the fat intake to be about 0.4 to 0.5 times body weight in lbs.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    And you have no research proving its not both.

Because proving a negative..... but yea.

Also,
    As a general rule, signals arising in the periphery that influence food intake and energy expenditure can be partitioned into two broad categories (Fig. 1) (1, 2, 3). One comprises the signals generated during meals that cause satiation (i.e. feelings of fullness that contribute to the decision to stop eating) and/or satiety (i.e. prolongation of the interval until hunger or a drive to eat reappears). The prototypical satiation signal is the duodenal peptide cholecystokinin (CCK), which is secreted in response to dietary lipid or protein and which activates receptors on local sensory nerves in the duodenum, sending a message to the brain via the vagus nerve that contributes to satiation. The second category includes hormones such as insulin and leptin that are secreted in proportion to the amount of fat in the body.

Here's the link to the full publication:
    http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2008-1630

TLDR: Feelings of being full at the end of the meal are controlled by specific chemicals released from the digestive system that signal the brain to stop. It's called a negative feedback loop and its the basic system of control for maintaining homestasis in the body.

Finally the ability of the stomach to expand capacity due to increased appetite =/= an expanded stomach capacity CAUSES increased appetite.

Proving a negative? What? I don't follow your logic.

What I was saying is that research on such a complex topic is not conclusive one way or the other. Meaning we know satiation signals occur, but we don't know the complete range of factors sending those signals nor can we count out the idea of size/capacity influencing that chemistry.

Even in the article you yourself posted there are numerous references to the unknown elements:
    Conclusions: Although progress on effective medical therapies for obesity has been relatively slow in coming, advances in understanding the central regulation of food intake may ultimately be turned into useful treatment options.

or
    Satiation signals: summary of general principles
    Satiation appears to be a complex phenomenon, mediated by a number of GI peptides. Although it is clear that the different satiation factors respond to specific nutrient stimuli (e.g. CCK to protein and fat, GLP-1 to carbohydrate and fat, PYY primarily to fat, and so on), it has not been proven that mixed meals of differing macronutrient content elicit the release of distinct cocktails of GI hormones. However, given the wide range of specific factors that seem to mediate satiation, it is logical to presume that this process is subject to highly refined regulation. Especially important is the modulation of the action of satiation by factors such as leptin and insulin that are responsive to body adiposity. This interaction is the critical site of endocrine regulation of eating and energy homeostasis.

What about the long term effects of body fat and how they affect the system?

And you completely ignored the phenomenon of competitive eaters and the fact their stomachs have.

I mean you read something like this and your logic just seems ridiculous and stubborn in the face of logic. Like you have some set rules and every person on earth is part of that average plane of laws:

Explain this:
    The regular guy went first, and stopped after seven dogs (no buns, for purposes of the study) because he thought he’d be sick if he ate another. Using fluoroscopy, an x-ray that gives a real-time view of what’s going on inside the body, the doctors saw what you’d expect: His stomach was indeed full of hot dogs and hadn’t stretched much from its original size (see picture at left).

Then they looked at the competitive eater. First, they noticed that his empty stomach showed virtually no peristalsis, the normal squeezing motion that helps the stomach break down food. He started eating hot dogs and his stomach got bigger and bigger. Ten minutes in, he’d eaten 36 dogs. He said he didn’t feel full, but the researchers told him they’d seen enough.

speedeater_art_200v_20080702161545.jpg
    Stomach of a champion eater, after eating 36 hot dogs in 10 minutes. (Image courtesy Marc Levine)
    “His stomach now appeared as a massively distended, foodfilled sac occupying most of the upper abdomen, with little or no gastric peristalsis,” they wrote in their paper. Levine said the stomach was like no healthy stomach he’d seen in his 30-year career. He compared it to a “giant balloon that looks like it has no limit.” The eater’s previously flat belly swelled out as if he were pregnant.

The champion told the doctors he had “spent several years training for the sport, forcing himself to consume larger and larger amounts of food despite the sensation of fullness.” He said he never felt full anymore. They figured the training had somehow given the guy’s stomach this ability to expand indefinitely.

Wall street Journal article: http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/07/03/inside-the-belly-of-competitive-eating/

Again, thank you for your time but what I said about stomach size was not false. Sometimes science doesn't have the conclusion or hasn't gotten around to properly conceptualizing certain topics as can be seen by the massive difference in knowledge from just a decade ago.

Your science broke when you thought its possible to know everything. You would have sounded smarter if you admitted there are some things we don't yet have fully figured out.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this thread :love:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You just need to learn to eat more than just chicken broccoli and brown rice. Don't get me wrong the old bro science stuff works. But, for most people that stuff is over. Learn to eat other things and make them work in your diet. Instead of eating all day, try just eating 3 or 4 larger meals. You may like it better.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So what did your bros over at bodybuilding.com say about this new plan of yours?
  • iceyelf
    iceyelf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    can't believe this is real

moving on
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I know right, it's semester exams here so I have lots of down time watching students scribbling on paper.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

I know right, it's semester exams here so I have lots of down time watching students scribbling on paper.

I don't know how comfortable I feel with you teaching our nations youth after getting a feel for your critical thinking abilities.

I have my doubts as far as your qualifications are concerned for sure.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    THIS was the comment you made that I corrected:
    You think appetite is the default for everyone? think again. Some people have small stomach.

This statement is patently false. Appetite is not the same for everyone, but the idea that the size of your stomach is why some people eat more than others when comparing within a NORMAL population is an old wives tale.

Competative eaters aren't able to eat more because they were "born" with a bigger stomach than a normal person.
    Overweight people didn't eat more and gain their weight because the were "born" with a bigger stomach that caused them to consume more calories.
    Skinny people don't "fill up" and stop eating sooner because they were "born" with stomachs that are smaller than other people.
    Proving a negative? What? I don't follow your logic.

I can't provide you with any published papers that disprove the existence of mermaids either. A lack of published papers disproving your "smaller stomach = smaller appetite/larger stomach = larger appetite" hypothesis does not count as evidence for your hypothesis being correct.
    What I was saying is that research on such a complex topic is not conclusive one way or the other. Meaning we know satiation signals occur, but we don't know the complete range of factors sending those signals nor can we count out the idea of size/capacity influencing that chemistry.

Even in the article you yourself posted there are numerous references to the unknown elements

And yet not ONE of the range of factors listed had anything to do with stomach size, I wonder why that is? After all it would be relatively simple and easy to conduct experiment. Take a sample size from within the normal population, measure stomach size, measure appetite, plot the data. Why is no one doing this groudbreaking research?
    The regular guy went first, and stopped after seven dogs (no buns, for purposes of the study) because he thought he’d be sick if he ate another. Using fluoroscopy, an x-ray that gives a real-time view of what’s going on inside the body, the doctors saw what you’d expect: His stomach was indeed full of hot dogs and hadn’t stretched much from its original size (see picture at left).

Then they looked at the competitive eater. First, they noticed that his empty stomach showed virtually no peristalsis, the normal squeezing motion that helps the stomach break down food. He started eating hot dogs and his stomach got bigger and bigger. Ten minutes in, he’d eaten 36 dogs. He said he didn’t feel full, but the researchers told him they’d seen enough.

speedeater_art_200v_20080702161545.jpg
    Stomach of a champion eater, after eating 36 hot dogs in 10 minutes. (Image courtesy Marc Levine)
    “His stomach now appeared as a massively distended, foodfilled sac occupying most of the upper abdomen, with little or no gastric peristalsis,” they wrote in their paper. Levine said the stomach was like no healthy stomach he’d seen in his 30-year career. He compared it to a “giant balloon that looks like it has no limit.” The eater’s previously flat belly swelled out as if he were pregnant.

The champion told the doctors he had “spent several years training for the sport, forcing himself to consume larger and larger amounts of food despite the sensation of fullness.” He said he never felt full anymore. They figured the training had somehow given the guy’s stomach this ability to expand indefinitely.

A competative eater has trained to ignore the signals of satiaty that they recieve. You can train your stomach to expand that way too. The regular person stops eating, not because their stomach CAN'T expand further but because the chemical signals being recieved are telling them to stop, but again not based on the actual size of the stomach.

Again, thank you for your time but what I said about stomach size was not false. Sometimes science doesn't have the conclusion or hasn't gotten around to properly conceptualizing certain topics as can be seen by the massive difference in knowledge from just a decade ago.

Your science broke when you thought its possible to know everything. You would have sounded smarter if you admitted there are some things we don't yet have fully figured out.

There are plenty of topics where I am more than happy to admit science does not yet fully understand what is happening, and certainly there are many things about the control and regulation of appetite that are not yet fully understood. I don't need to know everything there is to know on this topic however, to be able to conclusively say that your difficulty with consuming 2000K in any form other than nutella is NOT due to your having a "small stomach".
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

I don't know how comfortable I feel with you teaching our nations youth after getting a feel for your critical thinking abilities.

I have my doubts as far as your qualifications are concerned for sure.

Because resorting to personal attacks is the sign of a REAL critical thinker.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Thank you for your support.

Okay, day #3. I weighed in 3 lbs lighter this morning. I also got tired of drinking 16 shakes a day, so I'm doing 2 scoops a shake so instead of 16 I will be doing 8 a day. I'm on #4 right now, feeling pretty good. I was thinking of sacrificing 1 shake and instead I would be adding a serving of real peanut butter to each shake. I'm still debating it though, I have to sit down and do the calculations.

FIFY :wink:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow 8-16 shakes a day ...and you complain about eating 2200 calories...wow.

I can't imagine how I would fee to be drinking all my calories (unless it was vodka and club soda)

You might as well go on a juice diet it would be about as healthy.

And Yes I know if I don't support you I don't have to be on this thread but to be frank why would anyone support this?

People are here to support healthy choices, recommend better choices and trust me most of us wont pat you on the head when you are making a terrible mistake and tell you that you are right.

My son is about your age and if he tried this crap I would kick him square in the touch...but then again we know how to eat good food and get in our calories and protien and still have some left for treats.

my diary is open and as you can see I have gotten in more then enough protien for my day, hit my fats and still have some calories left for a treat later....

Wowsers...
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    two words: chocolate. cake.