• AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love the ideas! bump*
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 light English muffin, 1 tablespoon JIF whipped peanut butter, 1 tablespoon reduced sugar grape jelly, and 1 cup 1% milk comes to 290 calories. It keeps me full for awhile. You could also do a 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon honey instead of the jelly to have it come out to 300 calories.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I got a breakfast sandwich maker. Coolest thing ever!
    Mine are ~235 cal but I am sure with more cheese and bacon you can bump it up to 300.
    Very filling and sadisfying by the way. I am not hungry for hours!
  • ercaface
    ercaface Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have good breakfast ideas that don't include eggs? I seriously hate eggs. I'm a big breakfast eater, but I tend to not eat 'traditional' breakfast food (hate milk, eggs, gravy....). I'm a picky pants....
  • nerge
    nerge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I usually have 0% fat greek yogurt and some frozen berries - so delicious and keeps me full til lunch! Its 156 cals too! Would generally have a coffee of some sort between that and lunch! I'm not a big breakfast eater just need something. Bacon and eggs is good too or 2 eggs scrambled with avocado - yum!!!
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Overnight oats
    1/3 c oatmeal
    1/3 c plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
    1/3-1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 banana
    (I add berries to mine to mix everything up and I also add a spoonful of protein powder)
    Mix together and leave in a covered container overnight in your fridge. Great to take on the go!

I mix 1/2 c plain, non-fat Greek yogurt with 1 spoonful of my special protein powder that tastes like cake batter (Protein Plus for $20 at Sam's Club) and then cut up a banana to eat with it. This is a new favorite of mine

Egg whites with spinach and halved cherry tomatoes. Turkey bacon/sausage on the side.

Protein shakes
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i dont know why but im addicted to oatmeal for breakfast.
    1/2 cup oats soaked with 1 cup almond milk overnight, banana mashed in the morning and microwaved for like 4 minutes and i recently discovered adding unsweetened cocoa powder (im so late!) but i add around a tablespoon.
    cant believe that it gives such a yummy chocolate brownie effect for like 10 cals a spoon with fiber and antioxidants.. so yum.
    the reason i microwave it so long is it becomes kind of baked at the top, you know those homemade puddings when you let them sit and they solidify at the top giving you that "pudding skin" affect? yeah thats what i love and i do it with my oatmeal nomnom.
    this was unnecessarily long.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is definitely my favourite meal of the day, so I make it a big one!

Once a week, usually on Sunday night, I bake some egg white muffins for the whole week. Each muffin contains:

- 4g baby spinach
    - 20g diced leg ham
    - 1 cherry tomato chopped
    - 1 egg white whisked with a bit of pepper, chives and baking powder
    Lay each ingredient in order in a muffin tin (sprayed with cooking spray) - bake for 30 minutes at 180 C.
    Let cool for 5 minutes, transfer on a wired rack and let cool completely before storing them in sandwich bags in the fridge.
    In the morning I just heat one up for 20 seconds in the microwave.
    It comes to around 50 calories per muffin.

Then I have oatmeal with some fruit:
    - 15g oats
    - 1tsp chia seeds
    - 1tsp flaxseed meal
    - either 120g strawberries, or 100g blueberries, or 1 chopped nectarine, or 1 grated apple
    - a sprinkle of cinnamon
    - 100ml unsweetened almond milk
    Mix everything in a bowl, microwave for 2 minutes.
    Let cool for a couple of minutes and top with greek yoghurt (I use Chobani 0%).

It normally adds up to about 250-290 calories in total.
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal (150) 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (30) half a banana (40) 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (60) Microwave for 3-4 minutes. YUM.

Snacks: 100 calorie wrap and light laughing cow (125)
    greek yogurt-yoplait
    light string cheese and an apple
  • SS_Travis
    SS_Travis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On work days quick and easy is

Trader Joes Greek yogurt
    honey
    blackberries
    sliced almonds

comes in at about 189 calories

on weekends

spinach, mushrooms, onions, and turkey egg white omelette. about 300 calories
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    omelet mini bites

2 eggs 140 calories
    1/8 cup cheedar cheese ~ 60 calories
    oscar meyer chopped ham 3 slices 30 calories ~ sliced and diced
    3 mini peppers chopped and diced into small pieces ~ 35 calories
    3 green onions sliced ~ 15 calories

so 280 ish calorie wise mix everything together and fill mini muffin tins spritzed with nonstick about 2/3 full with mixture. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes and eat. so good. awesome to take when running errands and the kids to school in the morning.
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    I know there are a lot of recipes on here and that is awesome, but I have a go-to emergency out the door breakfast that I love. The Jimmy Dean Delite turkey sausage, cheese, and egg croissant. They are amazing. 280 cals
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal almost everyday. In a hurry I have Better than Oats (they even have steel cut now) or just regular old oatmeal. I've tried some of the crockpot recipes, which is handy because I then portion it out and just heat up each morning. I also like to add cottage cheese to my oatmeal...hey don't knock it until you try it. Or, applesauce, pumpkin butter (mmmmm!), PB2, berries, fruit, nuts, the list is endless. Search for oatmeal here and you'll find several topics. There's also several posts on overnight oats, which I keep meaning to do at night. I'm usually full until around 11 from it (I eat around 7).
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Egg white McMuffin from McDonald's delicious.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    4 scoops of rice protein powder and a cup of frozen fruit in a blender( 300-310 calories)
  • srsly_sarah
    srsly_sarah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you like to cook/have time to cook ahead:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/breakfast-casserole

It is amazingly filling! (Plus I love sausage!) My husband and I make two casseroles on Sunday night, cut each of them into 12 even pieces, then refrigerate and freeze it, so we each get one piece with our coffee every morning. It only takes about a minute to reheat. We're going to add green bell pepper next week!
  • Sharonmdenham
    Sharonmdenham Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I almost always have Banquet Turkey Sausage links 100 calories, 2 eggs fried with two quick sprays of Pam 144 calories, and 1 slice of toasted Sara Lee light 100% whole wheat bread 45 calories. Total 289 calories.
    I put my eggs on my toast and let the yolk ooze out on to the toast, instead of butter or jelly.
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    pretty much what I have :
    Half a cup of oatmeal - 169 cals
    Half a cup of unsweetened almond milk - 16 cals
    tsp agave nectar - 14 cals
    tsp stevia - 2 cals

^that's 201 calories, leaving 100 calories for toppings, some I like to switch up and combine :
    10 almonds = 70 cals
    small apple - 50 cals
    1 banana - 100 cals
    clementine - 30 cals
    tsp light hot chocolate powder ;) - 25 cals

I usually combine a couple of those toppings so I get about 300-400 cals for breakfast, Sweet and filling mmm I love porridge
  • taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have uncooked plain oats, with half a cup of 2% milk. It's about 170 calories. All these breakfasts on here make me feel really boring, lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like this thread!

Breakfast burrito - 1 90 calorie tortilla, 1 egg, 1 slice of low fat American cheese, 2 links of turkey breakfast sausage - 280 calories
    Scrambled eggs with low fat cheddar, 2 eggs, 3 egg whites, 2 links of turkey breakfast sausage, peppers - about 300 calories (adjust the amounts obviously)
    Greek yogurt, PB2, half a scoop of protein powder - 260 calories
    3/4 cup of nonfat Ricotta, low fat milk, 1/2 serving of jello instant pudding - around 290 calories (less if using sugar free pudding)
    3 egg muffins - 300 calories
    Nutella French toast - 1 egg, 2 slices of lower calorie bread (130 calories per two), 50g of milk, tsp of sugar, 20g of nutella after it's cooked - 310 calories
    Bagel thins with smoked salmon and low fat cream cheese - 300 calories
    Almond butter and jelly sandwich - 300 calories
    Oatmeal with protein powder and almonds
    Oatmeal with almond butter and pear

etc
    etc