Is it OK for your S/O to try & negotiate..?

Options
KariOrtiz2014
KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
Is it ok for your partner to try a negotiate deals with you in bed?
As in.. I'll do this... if you do that..

Replies

• Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing a problem with it.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with it, although it would be nicer if a partner wanted to do so purely to provide pleasure
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    I don't think there should be any negotiating.. you either do it or don't, right?
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    I'm okay with it, although it would be nicer if a partner wanted to do so purely to provide pleasure

right! I don't see why it should be a negotiation. My SO likes to negotiate, I don't. lol
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm cool with it. Life is a negotiation usually.
  • cokekitty
    Options
    I don't really see a problem with it. In fact, if you guys are negotiating it means neither of you are afraid to communicate what you want in bed, which is really great! Communication is key. :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the terms & conditions of the small print for me. If I didn't enjoy/felt uncomfortable with something. Then I would just say no. I don't really like the notion of bargaining over things in bed.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Totally. Be GGG baby!
  • MoosyGoosy
    Options
    I think if it's playful and something you both like, then it's good. If it ends up with one person trying to make the other person do something they don't wanna do, that's not good!

My opinion :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If that what makes you both happy, I don't see a problem with it.

Personally I never had to go that route. As its always been about pleasing the other as much and often as possible with her favorites in mind & vise versa.

If one person has a problem with it, it seems as that would be a pretty big speed bump for the road of pleasure.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If your partner is negotiating, it means that you are not doing something that your partner wants. If you don't want to negotiate, just say "Honey, you don't need to do this for me. I will gladly do that for you." Negotiation over.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't know, if i don't feel inclined to do things to please them or they don't feel inclined to do thing to please me, their not going to be an s/o for long.

I won't do anything in bed i feel uncomfortable doing and I don't feel like anyone should be coerced into doing things they don't want to do.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    It would depend on the terms & conditions of the small print for me. If I didn't enjoy/felt uncomfortable with something. Then I would just say no. I don't really like the notion of bargaining over things in bed.

lol. Exactly! Like he's holding back on any activity with me until I do what he says (terms & conditions) lmao
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    Just break up.

not a choice.. terms & conditions.. remember lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • k_sinc
    k_sinc Posts: 39
    Options
    If you gotta negotiate, something's not right. Unless it's a part of some weird kinky thing you're into.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    If that what makes you both happy, I don't see a problem with it.

Personally I never had to go that route. As its always been about pleasing the other as much and often as possible with her favorites in mind & vise versa.

If one person has a problem with it, it seems as that would be a pretty big speed bump for the road of pleasure.

pretty much this...
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Like, I'll consider kissing if you brush your teeth? Yeah thats legit
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I've always managed to find people with similar interests, so it's never been an issue. But I think I'd rather just have somebody say "Hey, want to do THIS?!" and then do it if I am agreeable or say no if I am not. Same token, I'd rather somebody straight tell me no if I suggest something they aren't really into.