how to do this, please help

Options
2»

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I swear by Weight Watchers. It is not a fad diet, nothing is off limits but you need to be accountable. I just started counting calories for a change of pace but I will fall back on weight watchers again if I don't see changes here. This is a great website though, not downing it, but I find food tracking with Weight Watchers much simpler.
    Best of luck to you!! :smile:
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I set my profile on MFP to lose 1 pound each week. So, I'm definitely watching calories and I'm also exercising. I'm finishing my 4th week of Turbo Fire, running 1-2 times a week, and starting to contemplate how to get more strength training in my schedule. You just need to find what works for you and jump in with both feet! I agree with not doing fad diets, I would assume you aren't looking for the changes you're trying to make to just be temporary...if that's the case, then the changes you make can't be temporary either! Eat what you want (always with your goals and the rest of your day in mind) and get yourself moving in any way your can enjoy! Good Luck!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    For me - I just count calories and have been using MFP since first of January. I have lost 60 lbs so far and feel absolutely great. Still have at least 30 lbs to go but that's alot closer than when I started so it will take time. I started out by cutting what I do eat in half, that was hard at first but after about 3 weeks got better, now I am think more about what I eat but still splurge every now and then and that's ok for me. This is the first time in my life that I have actually lost this much weight and I also exercise now and that makes me feel so much better. Don't get discouraged if in the beginning it comes off real slowly especially if you are exercising too but believe me if you stick to it the scales will begin to move in direction we want. :) Good Luck and hope this works for you like it has for me and so many others!
  • soupermomof4
    soupermomof4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great advice from everyone! I am so not into counting calories. I workout about 2 hours a day and burn close to 1000 calories, but because I don't enjoy writing down what I eat, the exercise must be deemed pointless becuase I have only lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks! Ahhh, So, I am in desperate need of the motivation to write down or use the app to keep track of what I eat. It seems so hard though, everything that goes in your mouth, if you grab a bite of something it needs to go in there, I don't always remember!
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How long have you been using MFP? Why dont you try just counting calories for a month, and see how it works for you?

(Everyone is different, some are more sensitve to carbs than others, so you do really need to give a fair trial to something and then decide if it works or not. But yes, many people on here are just counting calories)

This!

I also did South Beach and Atkins (South Beach worked better for me) and now I'm here and I just feel healthier :)

I count calories not necessarily carbs BUT I will try to curb the wheat products a little, less bread and pasta..I do still have them though just less frequently.

I have been toying with the idea of incorporating South Beach because really I loved the food! I have started to exercise more often and it's working, but more importantly I feel great and DON'T feel deprived :)

Just see how it works, everything can be tweaked as you go and eventually it will fall into place :)

Good luck and feel free to add me if you like!

LH~
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    My husband and I both use this site and we are going to a gym. Our trainer at the gym actually turned us on to this site to help track calories. I know the gym can be expensive but you should try to do some exercise. Add in some walking (and maybe after awhile bump it up to jog/run). Do you have access to a pool, water exercises are supposed to be really gentle if you have injuries or feel like you can't walk/run. Maybe buy some light weights and use them at home.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I count calories, and I watch sodium, fat, and carbs as well, but I'm not super strict with those as I am with calories. I also have exercise goals to burn a certain amount of calories a week.
  • Snuggles726
    Snuggles726 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are still struggling, try the D.A.S.H. food book. I have found this to be an excellent source of information, menus, and it is healthy. I try not to say diet because each time I do I fail. I remember Richard Simmons saying a long time ago about the word diet.. it is the first 3 letters is the reason not to say diet. Give the D.A.S.H. a try.
  • meaganrh19
    meaganrh19 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just count calories and exercise, but I try to be cautious about what I am eating. I try to keep my junky food to a minimum.