Did you take down your Christmas decorations?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Took them down on January 4. I did, however, see a lighted Christmas tree in someone's window last night....that made me giggle.
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My usual goal is to have everything down by the Super Bowl .. so no things are still up
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I can't get in to my closet so they're all still up until I can get some cleaning and organizing done.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Inside - everything comes down around New Year's. Outside - snow and ice ensures they stay up until spring thaw. We don't turn them on anymore, though.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    We put the tree up and decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. By Christmas I'm sick of the clutter. Sometimes we take Christmas down Christmas night. This year we were tired from hosting so many people over for Christmas so we took them down the next day.
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We don't buy and put up our 13-14 ft. tree until a couple days before Xmas. And it is so much work, it stays there no later than the last week in January (for garbage pickup), otherwise I'll have to dispose of it myself. Some of my neighbors still have the lights lit on the outside and the I still see trees lit in windows.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Everything but the tree. The cats like it so much its hard to take it down. It's like a giant 12 ft toy in he dining room.

LOL! I had a cat who would get inside the tree and smack all the decorations off. I thought my mom was going to kill him!:laugh:
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    Mine are down and I'm pretty sad about it. I love Christmas time and decorations.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I keep my Christmas lights on
    On my back porch all year long :happy:
  • eilea73
    eilea73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mine stay up until right after New Years....oh crap....now that I'm thinking--I still have some garland up in one of the walkways!!! That will be coming down TODAY!
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Mine have been down for a week now. It was really hard to take them down this year because it was so dark and cold and snowy- I thought I would be really depressed without all the lights---but it's kinda nice to have all the clutter gone. I need some generic winter decorations though- it's kinda early for Easter decorations LOL!
  • Shreddingitnow
    Options
    In the latin community we dont put away tree till like feb..traditions wont die in my family no matter what!
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Just brought them down last weekend. My 4-year-old daughter cried the entire time, saying that she didn't like our house anymore...that it wasn't pretty. I told her that we had to, because it wouldn't feel special if we kept it up all year. I got called a liar because of that comment.

*sigh* Oh well, what can you do!?
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Not religious but my OH family took everything down by the 6th. :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Most of mine are taken down and thrown in a pile in the corner of my dinning room.

I'm working on it. ehh.
  • Pain_Train
    Options
    My decorations are down but my daughter is still watching christmas cartoons
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Down and packed away on Jan 2nd minus the lights outside. Those will probably come down this weekend.
  • bnsnwldwmn
    Options
    MIne are still up, but only outside. :/ I'm a wimp about the weather, and with it being so cold, I didn't feel up to it. I'm hoping to take everything down this weekend.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My tree was down the weekend after x-mas... We get a real one every year and after a month of sweeping up needles, you get rid of it ASAP without pissing off the toddler.

My x-mas lights outside on the front porch are still there.... At least I am not still plugging them in.