Anyone training for 1/2 marathon or marathon?

Options

Replies

• LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Provided I don't hurt myself (again) or have sciatica issues (again) I'm going to try for my first half in September. It's a small local race here in boonieville, Appalachia hosted by the local Amish community.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am doing the full in Pittsburgh, May 4th.

Anyone can add me if they want :-)
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    I wanted to do Pittsburgh, but it's the same weekend as the Flying Pirate Half in OBX
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Spring Schedule:
    1. Shamrock Marathon (Va Beach)
    2. Knoxville TN Marathon
    3. ORRRC Half Marathon (Xenia Ohio)
    4. Carmel Indiana Marathon
    5. Columbus Capital City Half Marathon
    6. Flying Pig Marathon (Cincinnati)

So the answer is yes, I am training.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Madison half in may
    Hopefully rock n roll half in chicago in july
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I need some friends that are also training for races!

My planned races this year:
    DC rock and roll 1/2 marathon
    Pittsburgh 1/2 marathon
    Hands on House 1/2 marathon (local)
    My son and I are planning on running the Baltimore half in October. Would like to hear how the DC RnR goes. Sounds like a blast!

I did the Rock N Roll DC half last year and am doing it again this year! I really liked it, get a nice view all through the city with just one major hill, the rest felt very flat. I ran it in 2:13 last year and am hoping to hit around 2 this year.

I am also doing the Indy 500 Mini (half) marathon in May. In the fall I will possibly do the Army 10 Miler again or maybe start looking at marathons.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of Halfs schedule for 2014.
    Been looking at doing the Hypo Half in Feb which will be my 6th Half.
    Feel free to add me.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lots of people in this group regularly train for those distances:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/111-long-distance-runners

Good luck!
  • girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first half in May and my second half in August.

March - 8K Shamrock Run
    April - 5K
    May - 5K & Buffalo Half
    June - possible bike Ride for Roswell (42 miles)?
    July - ?
    August - 5K & Biggest Loser Half
    September - 5K & Dirty Girl (5K Mud Run)
    October - 5K & Muddy Viking (4 mile mud run)
    November - 8K Turkey Trot

Hey, we are doing the same races in March, May and November! (Possibly April too, I sent you a pm).
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did my first half last May and plan to do my second one this May. Planning to train better this time around and am currently looking at different training plans. Not sure if I should pick a run/walk plan or just a running plan.......????
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've got a half in 12 days (Hypothermic Half) ; my "A" race this year is a half-marathon near the end of May.
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Signed up for my first Half! Yellowstone half marathon in June. :)
  • kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My first half is in May at St. Micheal's running festival on the eastern shore of MD
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first full (OC Marathon) on May 4. Friend requests welcome :)
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I did my first half last May and plan to do my second one this May. Planning to train better this time around and am currently looking at different training plans. Not sure if I should pick a run/walk plan or just a running plan.......????

I really liked the hal higdon training plans! I have some friends who have really liked training with a 10 & 1 plan (10 min running and 1 min walking). You have plenty of time to train up if you get started soon. Best of luck!
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Rockin Roll Half Marathon San Antonio :-) my first one!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a Half, the Donna in Jacksonville on February 23rd. It will be my first and I'm training with a Jeff Galloway group.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    running half of the Vermont City Marathon. me and a client are splitting it! Memorial Day weekend!
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I'm toying with doing a half. I did one in 2009 and swore I would never, ever do another one because I loathed training for it. I love running, really and truly enjoy it however the training made me want to throw my running shoes in the garbage. What's making me possibly rethink doing one is the fact that I'm going to be training for a duathlon that's in May and I figure as long as I'm training for one event why not roll it into another one? Plus it would force me to exercise even when I don't want to and keep my goals in check (ie: limiting booze consumption during the week).

Again, I'm not 100% positive I'm going to sign up for it (it's not until October so I have time to think about it). I know that if I did I'd be going it alone because I'm fairly certain my husband wouldn't want to do another one.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first full (OC Marathon) on May 4. Friend requests welcome :)

I wish you all the luck, I am doing the half at the same event!!