What is your favorite side dish? GO!!!

Options

Replies

• LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Roasted Sweet Potato in my number 1!!

Also a fan of steamed or roasted carrots or Chick pea salsa.
    :flowerforyou:
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Roasted Brussels sprouts.
  • LindseySprake
    Options
    Oh and dry fried mushroom!
  • LindseySprake
    Options
    FNM_110112-Sweet-Potatoes_s4x3_lg.jpg

Baked, cut into fries, cut into rounds , mashed. it is all good

I LOVE sweet potatoes!

YYEESS!!!!!!!!
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Holy schnikes, that looks good! Consider your dinner idea stolen!~ :)
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite way to prepare your brussels sprouts? I love them already, but I have two reluctant men to convince to try them LOL :)
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sauted spinach (bloomsdale if you can find it) with a little chile flakes and garlic sauted in the evo first then finish with s&p and lemon juice to taste.
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    roasted brussels sprouts with garlic rosemary and some bacon. Pleanty of examples if you google it
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Sauteed broccoli or green beans, garlic, salt & pepper
    White rice with butter and salt
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm having, but a salad is a favorite. I also like asparagus sautéed with garlic, pepper and cherry tomatos.

Rigger
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Recently had Brussels Sprouts for the first time. Last night I grilled them in a foil pouch with olive oil, lemon juice, one pat of butter, salt, pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Sprinkle lightly with freshly shredded parm...
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It all looks good to me!
  • kimedbs
    kimedbs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower mash
    Roasted butternut squash (toss in olive oil and salt, pepper and roast until tender)
    sliced cucumbers in vinegar or fat free Italian dressing
    beets, (sliced and soaked in vinegar and splenda over night)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My wife makes this. You can customize to make more or less healthy, but I'll give you the complete version (that eats like a meal!).

Steam / pan fry some green beans in olive oil, so skin blisters slightly.

In another pan, caramelize some onions or shallots in olive oil.

When done, marry the two. Top with toasted walnuts, dried cranberries and bleu cheese crumbles.

Dag, child, that's a tasty side.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ever so many! I love Haricot Vert (the skinny green beans) steamed or boiled or sauteed. Kale, blanched and then sauteed with garlic, salt and pepper. Bell pepper is always a great addition to any veggie side dish to give it a little different flavor. Brussel sprouts, which are good just with garlic, salt and pepper but even better with pancetta or bacon!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts and/or cauliflower is a favorite. But it really depends what I'm serving it with.

Collard greens lightly sautéed in garlic infused olive oil is another favorite. (or kale)

Quinoa salad is another.

Or sautéed sweet potatoes and onions.

Spaghetti squash with pesto, or with just a little freshly grated parmesan, or with olive oil and fresh peas.

Grilled zucchini is really good too. Although zucchini chunks in marinara is also very tasty.

Oh, roasted green beans with garlic!

Cooked brown rice with just a little olive oil and toasted almond slivers is quite nice.

Quinoa salad is really nice with a light protein (such as white fish) dinner.

Spinach and strawberry salad with balsamic.

Mashed white veggies (any mix of white potatoes, cauliflower, turnips, parsnips) is excellent with chicken.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I chop up - zucchini / carrotts / onions / red peppers / garlic and toss that in a pan then I add spicy Thai chili sauce and just spice it up... soooo good.

yukon gold potato cubed w/ onions (carmelized if you want brown sugar and butter added), and spices

eggplant w/ chopped tomatoes and low fat mozz cheese

goat cheese w/ sliced vine grown tomatotes and balsamic
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Grilled zucchini with a little kosher salt and pepper or grilled asparagus with fresh squeezed lemon juice on top! YUM! those are our go to's in the summer, I'll grill chicken, or beef or pork and have grilled veg with it, maybe a side salad, sometimes garlic toast. I miss summer, lol!
    :smile:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    my favorite sides are easily a bake sweet potato with just a bit of salt and pepper, sauteed/grilled zucchini and squash, or primal cauliflower (cauliflower, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, baked in oven). Both are DELICIOUS and super easier. I also like Kale chips but they can be hit or miss. The key is making sure they are dry before putting them in the oven.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Aligot