Please People.. post a photo

Options
At first it didn't bother me that some folks choose not to post a photo of themselves, but now that I am mingling with so many of you it's starting to bother me, You know when you think of something somebody said you want to have an image of that person in your head, for example; I was thinking of a post today and I thought; Man that piece of toast was right! or Wow that salad sure knew what he was talking about! or Yeah, that dog must be new.. come on.. if you can stand looking at me.. I can stand looking at you.. : )

Replies

• thecrimsonking1319
    Options
    Ha, ha so true. But maybe they just don't have any pics or haven't had a chance to post any yet. Mine was blank for a while. I try to give people benefit of the doubt. This is a website dedicated to losing weight/healthy living so no one should feel ashamed of how they look!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Its also the internet and a lot of people try to keep their identity hidden more, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I do identify pics with people to an extent, but I know I have to have a name - even if its just a screenname - with that pic cause the pics change. That really throws you off...
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like smiling faces, too. Or parents holding each other. Or parents holding babies--or one "child" and their grandchild. ;)
    Have fun mingling with all the health-conscious folks here. :drinker: (drink lots of water!)
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My reason is pretty much the internet one. Don't know who is looking and don't want some to see:) Thought about a before/after picture but haven't for the same reason.
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    I agree that I do like to put a face to a comment or reply!!lol :)
  • schwarzaj
    schwarzaj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hahahah, very interesting take on the issue
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    Its also the internet and a lot of people try to keep their identity hidden more, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I do identify pics with people to an extent, but I know I have to have a name - even if its just a screenname - with that pic cause the pics change. That really throws you off...

Yeah, I see your point.. Wouldn't want to be confused with the Top Ten..lol
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    or you could work for the dear govt who screens sites for employee activity & remarks...and no, not using a work computer. they do troll and you are advised when you are going thru your acceptance processing. sorry folks.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi!
    I just wanted to respond so you can see my cute self...no, I don't usually refer to myself as that.:happy:
    I love looking a peoples pics too but understand not everyone's comfortable with that, or maybe they don't have a teenager in the house (like I do) to help them figure out how.

Maybe everyone's goal could be to post a pic by the time they are halfway to their goal.

Have a great night!
  • MISTTIMG
    Options
    or you could work for the dear govt who screens sites for employee activity & remarks...and no, not using a work computer. they do troll and you are advised when you are going thru your acceptance processing. sorry folks.

So you're saying some folks who hide their image might be guilty of some punishable crime?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I really don't care what pic people have. I know when some people gain....they don't like having their pic taken.
    If people need support to lose weight ....pic or not I'm here to support them : ) I love the support I get on this site.
    We talk to people on the phone...without knowing what they look like : )
  • jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chrissun: Your baby's face is priceless! I love the absolute joy they are showing!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options

So you're saying some folks who hide their image might be guilty of some punishable crime?

ok, you're new here obviously. it is a wonderful, free site with valuable resources and you waste a post because your prurient curiosity compels you to see everyone on the site? seriously, i value my friends for their posts, their ups and downs, victories, setbacks. in other words, real life. if some people want avatars, it's fine. if someone is glowing with victory and does before and after pics, i celebrate with them in their hard earned success. however, if you bother to check out the site, you may notice everyone is different here and people express themselves and their opinions differently. you have expressed your opinion. i disagree with it but you have a right to your post. you do NOT have a right to insinuate about posters as you have already done a couple times in this thread. perhaps you felt it was a witty rejoinder. perhaps you consider that everyone's circumstances are different and try to respect that whether you agree or not.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Chrissun: Your baby's face is priceless! I love the absolute joy they are showing!!

Thanks~ When I'm with him it doesn't matter what I look like, you can't help but look at him. He's the secret to a good pic. One of my goals is to post a pic of just myself. I know I tend to hide behind my kids...that's not fair for them.

Impressive brothers...You should be proud!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    <
    In honor of retro week on FB
  • MISTTIMG
    Options
    <
    In honor of retro week on FB

Are you kidding?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Nope. just switched it.
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've never posted photos to websites out of concern for security and online privacy.

Still, all the comments here made me feel I should post one, since this is a very nice community and it will help strengthen the same.
  • MISTTIMG
    Options
    I've never posted photos to websites out of concern for security and online privacy.

Still, all the comments here made me feel I should post one, since this is a very nice community and it will help strengthen the same.

You have a beautiful family! Yes this is a very nice community and I wish you the Best on your weight loss journey. : )
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    no thanks. you do your thing...I'll do mine. I have made a bunch of friends just because they see my adorable dog and like the picture.

So....maybe you wanna back off a little, being new and all?