2200 calories a day

Options
123457»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Day #3. I weighed in the same this morning. For the people messaging asking me if I make the shakes before, I took a picture of what I normally pack before school. It's not that hard... 8 bags, 2 scoops each.
    5xlima.jpg

Thx I wasn't sure how to post the pic. Edited mine with a direct link. Ty

You just needed to make IMG lowercase.
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine actually has liver failure now due to overuse of Protein shakes...Be careful, I wouldn't suggest it. Try asking your doctor, or see a nutritionist to help you create a menu.

Good luck!

"A friend of mine" strong story with proof. Thanks for the awesome input.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    THIS was the comment you made that I corrected:
    You think appetite is the default for everyone? think again. Some people have small stomach.

This statement is patently false. Appetite is not the same for everyone, but the idea that the size of your stomach is why some people eat more than others when comparing within a NORMAL population is an old wives tale.

Competative eaters aren't able to eat more because they were "born" with a bigger stomach than a normal person.
    Overweight people didn't eat more and gain their weight because the were "born" with a bigger stomach that caused them to consume more calories.
    Skinny people don't "fill up" and stop eating sooner because they were "born" with stomachs that are smaller than other people.
    Proving a negative? What? I don't follow your logic.

I can't provide you with any published papers that disprove the existence of mermaids either. A lack of published papers disproving your "smaller stomach = smaller appetite/larger stomach = larger appetite" hypothesis does not count as evidence for your hypothesis being correct.
    What I was saying is that research on such a complex topic is not conclusive one way or the other. Meaning we know satiation signals occur, but we don't know the complete range of factors sending those signals nor can we count out the idea of size/capacity influencing that chemistry.

Even in the article you yourself posted there are numerous references to the unknown elements

And yet not ONE of the range of factors listed had anything to do with stomach size, I wonder why that is? After all it would be relatively simple and easy to conduct experiment. Take a sample size from within the normal population, measure stomach size, measure appetite, plot the data. Why is no one doing this groudbreaking research?
    The regular guy went first, and stopped after seven dogs (no buns, for purposes of the study) because he thought he’d be sick if he ate another. Using fluoroscopy, an x-ray that gives a real-time view of what’s going on inside the body, the doctors saw what you’d expect: His stomach was indeed full of hot dogs and hadn’t stretched much from its original size (see picture at left).

Then they looked at the competitive eater. First, they noticed that his empty stomach showed virtually no peristalsis, the normal squeezing motion that helps the stomach break down food. He started eating hot dogs and his stomach got bigger and bigger. Ten minutes in, he’d eaten 36 dogs. He said he didn’t feel full, but the researchers told him they’d seen enough.

speedeater_art_200v_20080702161545.jpg
    Stomach of a champion eater, after eating 36 hot dogs in 10 minutes. (Image courtesy Marc Levine)
    “His stomach now appeared as a massively distended, foodfilled sac occupying most of the upper abdomen, with little or no gastric peristalsis,” they wrote in their paper. Levine said the stomach was like no healthy stomach he’d seen in his 30-year career. He compared it to a “giant balloon that looks like it has no limit.” The eater’s previously flat belly swelled out as if he were pregnant.

The champion told the doctors he had “spent several years training for the sport, forcing himself to consume larger and larger amounts of food despite the sensation of fullness.” He said he never felt full anymore. They figured the training had somehow given the guy’s stomach this ability to expand indefinitely.

A competative eater has trained to ignore the signals of satiaty that they recieve. You can train your stomach to expand that way too. The regular person stops eating, not because their stomach CAN'T expand further but because the chemical signals being recieved are telling them to stop, but again not based on the actual size of the stomach.

Again, thank you for your time but what I said about stomach size was not false. Sometimes science doesn't have the conclusion or hasn't gotten around to properly conceptualizing certain topics as can be seen by the massive difference in knowledge from just a decade ago.

Your science broke when you thought its possible to know everything. You would have sounded smarter if you admitted there are some things we don't yet have fully figured out.

There are plenty of topics where I am more than happy to admit science does not yet fully understand what is happening, and certainly there are many things about the control and regulation of appetite that are not yet fully understood. I don't need to know everything there is to know on this topic however, to be able to conclusively say that your difficulty with consuming 2000K in any form other than nutella is NOT due to your having a "small stomach".

You are wrong on two counts.

1) Firstly when you presume I mean I was born with a small stomach.

2) In the bolded area you said my stomach is not small.

Back in Romania when I was growing up poor, we didn't have many economic resources at our disposal in my family and I can safely say I was malnourished during my developmental years. When I was just a young boy, we didn't have much to eat, father was a steel worker, mother was a stay at home wife. And I distinctly remember a smell of food that would make me really hungry for awhile and then I eventually got sick of it. This food was liverwurst. Anyway thats all we had and I ate it till I got sick of it. This is the type of thing I went through from time to time. And it wasn't until my late teens that I finally started to have an awareness of diet and macronutrients.

Now the point of the story is, I DO have a small stomach. I wasn't born with it, but Ill be damned if I don't have some "problems" and one of them is Ive been a hard-gainer my whole life. I think my poverty up bringing had something to do with it.

And I can anecdotally guarantee that when I drink my protein shakes after I have been eating healthy it slides down in all one chug, but when I am skinny it feels like i just filled up a container that was too small and I feel bloated and like I just maxed out my insides. And then when I am in shape it feels like peeing in the ocean.

Again, it may have to do with increased fat and growing internals with all the supps and stuff. It is more than just alchemy and mental signals, there is a physical manifestation (again maybe due to fat) of this phenomenon and I just think its not talked about because its not common to have this dynamic going on (having been malnourished and having become "anabolic")

Allegorically with the competitive eaters it makes sense that you can "train" your stomach to grow and maybe thats exactly what I did starting from a point of a historically malnourished ectomorphic under-eating hard-gainer and ending up at the point of normality. Maybe thats why none of the range of factors listed had anything to do with stomach size, because like you said, its not the normal population, and my condition maybe is not normal nor has it been explored or studied from the perspective of my condition. When I asked for data proving otherwise it was only in light of contrast to me having data on the contrary which does indeed say one can train their stomach to grow.

So I stand by this statement as being correct:
    You think appetite is the default for everyone? think again. Some people have small stomach.

Also not to be cocky but I feel that I am more qualified to conclude this sort of thing than you might realize. I have been following nutrition and fitness on the online frontier for the last 9 years. Every debate, every scientific evolution of the knowledge I was there for it lurking/reading as it was happening, being discovered and being debunked. I especially highlight the ideas of physical therapy and weightlifting along with the bodies' ability to transform as being the forefront of what is missing in traditional forms of science and medicine and like I said before, many new advancements have been made since the dawn of the internet era. I honestly think the knowledge I have is more in touch with reality than some of the outdated sources from which you have your knowledge because honestly this stuff is just being explored as we go along in this millennium. Its not written about because its not known about yet or explored like it has been in the online communities where anyone can call BS on anyone and criticize complex concepts in real-time. Never underestimate the power of the internets ability to dig out the unbiased/unfiltered useful truth and extract it out of all the scientific mumbo-jumbo which has a much slower pace.
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    LOFL I have not checked this tread in awhile. Everyone needs to put down the medical dictionary and watch this thread for updates . I am excited to see the results.

One thing I am interested in is how much you are spending on the shakes? I might take on this diet just from an economics standpoint.

My whey has 170 cals , 30g of P per scoop and 21 scoops per container. $19 per container.

If all I did was shakes I would have to do 13 scoops per day so I could eat for $11.80 per day. Meh does't make sense from a economics standpoint. Eggs, tuna and chix breast is cheaper.
  • michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    As to the OP, not sure if you are serious or what...but I don't see a couple of protein shakes a day hurting. I've known people to only eat shakes (with added flax) for 4 weeks before (see Velocity diet at T-nation), but that doesn't seem like a good option long term ;-)

My recommendation to boost your numbers. Natural peanut butter. Lots of it. pretty caloric dense, and pretty good macronutriet profile for those looking to get protein + healthy fat.

Yes, but he's eating 480 grams of protein per day. That's getting into extreme ranges. On my big protein days I hit 220 or so but usually target 180 grams.

I've done the Velocity diet a few times to get under 10% body fat but that ranges 2-4 weeks and is still much lower in protein and higher in fat than the 16 grams he's getting now.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^How's it feel to have 12 inch arms like a woman? LOL

Ugh, I'd kill for 12" arms!!!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^How's it feel to have 12 inch arms like a woman? LOL

Ugh, I'd kill for 12" arms!!!

Mine are almost 16'

I'm sure I'd look silly with arms like that.