Well, I was wrong about eating more

Options
2»

Replies

• NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 weeks into my 2nd bulk eating 3,200 cals per day. It's tough to hit those calories numbers when you are trying to maintain proper macro ratios. As others have said, ice cream is your friend. Peanut butter and dried fruit/nut mixes work good too. Big servings of steel cut oats and brown rice will help get the carb counts up for the day.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I found it hard to eat more food when I first started a bulk too but it didn't take long for it to get much easier! I'm sure your body will adjust soon and get used to it. Especially if you increase gradually instead of all at once.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I just tried peanut butter for the first time today...and it made me retch. I understand why people like it, but I think I will have to adjust to it before I can really look forward to eating it.

What do you mean, you don't like peanut butter. I know people with allergies who admitted to loving the taste of peanut butter even though it just about killed them. Literally! This is not a slam on you but in 56 years Ive never heard those words before!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Eat some nuts, 100g of cashews is 600cals!!!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    try nutela, almond butter or full fat Greek yogurt

9% M.F. Greek yogurt is the food of the gods. I hear angels singing in my head when I think about it. For a fantastic snack, i would combine all three of these things. Seriously. That would be f-ing delicious.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    try to spread out your eating during the day as much as possible. that way, you won't feel too bloated or overwhelmed at any one meal/snack. Do you like chocolate? Keep a couple of candy bars (or protein bars in you like them) on hand to fill in the calorie gaps in between meals. I realize chocolate isn't as high in protein as other options (but not as filling either); for the sake of upping your calories, chocolate is not a bad choice. Milk can be filling, but it is also liquid and you won't stay feeling full forever. Integrate milk and juices into your meals as much as possible. And of course, the protein shakes are very good suggestions.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    tagged for ideas

...as a lactose-intolerant, beer-hating, red-meat avoiding, gluten-sensitive, none-too-fond of PB freak o' nature gainer who (still) has a hard time eating a lot of food
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    tagged for ideas

...as a lactose-intolerant, gluten-sensitive, none-too-fond of PB gainer who (still) has a hard time eating a lot of food
    Brisket? Bacon burgers? Nuts? Butter? Coconut oil or coconut cream? Those will all pack a calorie punch.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    GOMAD

And cheese.
  • labud1
    labud1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Drink more beer
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options

What do you mean, you don't like peanut butter. I know people with allergies who admitted to loving the taste of peanut butter even though it just about killed them. Literally! This is not a slam on you but in 56 years Ive never heard those words before!

You are about to hear them again: I like Thai peanut sauce, and I like peanuts themselves, but I don't like peanut butter. I have tried for years to eat it because it is so dang convenient: it's nutritious, it's portable, it can be in an ingredient or stand on its own, it's kind of the Leatherman Pocket Tool of food. But there's something about the texture where it gets to the back of my throat and GUCK it comes right back up.

So, rather than spend every office lunch break hunching my shoulders and making cat-hairball noises in public, I simply do not bring peanut butter sandwiches. It's a hard life, but it's the life I've chosen.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Drink more beer

I like you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    High calorie protein bars, high calorie protein shakes, add avocado to a lot of stuff, add cheese to almost all foods or even add fried eggs on top of meats (my personal favorite), ice cream, peanut butter or eat meats that aren't as lean (prime rib vs sirloin).

Mod edits FTW! :laugh:
  • trainingman123
    trainingman123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more with a particular weight gain goal. If for example you are very active, you can eat more without consequences. If your goal is muscle mass, eating more is critical with large protein intake. If it's cardio you are after, you will burn lots of calories and naturally boost your metabolism so you will be hungry for the right reasons.