Creatine is like steroids.

Today I watched a video produced by the Hodge Twins on YouTube.

What they are claiming is, that if you stop taking Creatine, you will lose that extra "push" like you would taking steroids.

I am currently using Creatine and I have seen some serious strength gains over a short 1-2 week period, literally in "Beast Mode" if you will.

My concern is, if I stop taking it, I lose that added strength. I don't mind using it for life to give me that weight training "edge", but what are your thoughts on this?

Have you used it?

Did it work for you too?

Any side effects?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    If you like it, keep using it. Not a big deal and sure as **** not a steroid.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    It's not a steroid

Just google it
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    GKn7nUU.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    hodge twins are dumb.

Creatine will enhance anaerobic performance in the majority of people (unless their stores are already full) if the muscles are saturated. 5g per day is plenty for majority of people.

No side affects for me. I always drink plenty of water.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,898 Member
    Creatine is already in meat and fish so you'll never be off of it unless you stop eating them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Creatine is a short (SHORT) burst of energy at the beginning of your workout. Taking it out will do nothing besides stop you from holding as much water as you have been. The water retention is the biggest change I noticed.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    hodge twins are dumb.

Creatine will enhance anaerobic performance in the majority of people (unless their stores are already full) if the muscles are saturated. 5g per day is plenty for majority of people.

this ^

Your mistake was taking advice from the hodgetwins. They are funny as hell but their advice is garbage.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    ive seen that video before... they werent saying creatine are steroids. They were just saying you should take breaks from creatine every once in a while. that's all.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

What they are claiming is, that if you stop taking Creatine, you will lose that extra "push" like you would taking steroids.

I am currently using Creatine and I have seen some serious strength gains over a short 1-2 week period, literally in "Beast Mode" if you will.

My concern is, if I stop taking it, I lose that added strength. I don't mind using it for life to give me that weight training "edge", but what are your thoughts on this?

Have you used it?

Did it work for you too?

Any side effects?

Thanks in advance!

We call that placebo effect, how did you saturate your muscles? 20g/day for a week or 5g/day for a month?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    hodge twins are dumb.

this ^

Your mistake was taking advice from the hodgetwins. They are funny as hell but their advice is garbage.

utf-8BdHVtYmxyX21pMzlncVl5YjExcXpxY2ljbzFfNDAwLmdpZg_zpsd5c5a898.gif
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    .... *head desk*
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    srsly.gif
    If I can buy it at Walmart in a 3 pound jug for 15 bucks....it neither is, nor is even like a steroid.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    srsly.gif
    If I can buy it at Walmart in a 3 pound jug for 15 bucks....it neither is, nor is even like a steroid.

I saw a YouTube video of a Doctor comparing pre-workout supplements to crack. Does that mean I can put it in baggies and sell it to junkies? I mean, if it's that cheap wouldn't that get me a huge profit?
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member

Have you used it?

Did it work for you too?

Any side effects?

Thanks in advance!

I was just thinking this last night as I struggled through a workout that I would usually do quite easily.

I was taking creatine in coffee twice a day (only a little bit maybe about 1/2 teaspoon) and man, I felt like I could go for hours, raised my weights in leaps and bounds etc etc and felt really good. For the last two days I have been busy and forgotten to take any and last night, well, I really struggled and felt tired and to be honest almost went home for an early night.

So for me, yes it definately helps with lifting heavier and for longer and also in stamina/endurance when running. I don't know what steroids feel like, but from what I have read it is an amino acid that occurrs naturally in your body not a steroid.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    youre taking creatine? thats good mane, thats real good.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Once u stop taking it u will lose a couple of reps and maybe a couple pounds of water weight.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Once u stop taking it u will lose a couple of reps and maybe a couple pounds of water weight.

This.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member

utf-8BdHVtYmxyX21pMzlncVl5YjExcXpxY2ljbzFfNDAwLmdpZg_zpsd5c5a898.gif

They so cute! 10/10 both.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Creatine is not like steroids at all. It's naturally present in meat and fish.

Ugh, hodge twins.
  • walterclark1221
    walterclark1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Creatine is far from a steroid. The only thing with supplements is that most people don't cycle off and give their kidneys a break. But obviously the choice is yours. I have taken creatine in the past. When I stopped taking it, I did see a slight decline in strength but it wasn't like I lost my total strength gains.