• kke2724
    kke2724 Posts: 12
    Options
    I ate junk foods and whatever that can be considered unhealthy + rice

and usually never ate fruits and vegetables lol
  • kke2724
    Options
    If you're trying to lose 30 lbs in 2 months, you may want to reassess since that is a rather unrealistic goal. With 30 lbs to lose, choosing a 1 lb per week loss (500 calorie deficit below predicted TDEE) is more appropriate to start with. As you get closer to your goal, you'll need to increase the calories consumed since you have less fat to lose.

Ah ok but

What does "500 calorie deficit below predicted TDEE" specifically mean?

My TDEE turned out to be 2560 cal/day and BMR was 1700/day

does that mean eating 2000 cals/day sound more effective to lose weight?
  • kke2724
    Options
    I do. The way I got to 232 pounds was by eating a whole bag of chips, which was a whole lot of calories but didn't really fill me up. Now you do that for a couple months and you get really fat but that doesn't mean that you eat a whole lot. For example, I have push myself to eat 1200 calories a day and that mostly involves peanut butter, snacks that are high in calories and planning meals that are high in calories. But I still dont eat a lot. You'll find that vegetables are low in calories but really filling. Same with fruits and other foods. Everyones different, some people can eat a lot more than others. The fact that someone is fat, doesn't mean that they eat a lot, it just means that they been eating things that are high in calories.

To get up to 1200 calories the day I would say the best route is to add peanut butter to your diet, if you're not allergic to it. Another thing that I use is I add chia seeds to my meals which add protein, omega 3's, Omega 6 and 60 calories for 1 tablespoon and you barely taste in any of your food. Protein is often the higher in calories, so I'd try to incorporate any lean meats to your diet and if you're vegetarian I would say the best is to add to any sort of beans; soybeans, lentils, black beans, ect. 12 almonds (unsalted) are 85 calories in total.

Almond and chia seed sounds good ! i'll try that thank you
  • kke2724
    Options
    Thank you for such a sincere answer !

But I still don't have the brightest knowlege of this calorie deficit

even if I researched a little on google.

So my net calorie has to be a negative number?

So If I eat 1200 calories a day I must burn more than 1200 calories to lose weight?

No, you have to include your BMR. So, Let's say your BMR is 1800 calories- that's how many calories your body uses just existing and digesting food, pumping your heart, breathing, etc. If you're an entirely sedentary person, then your activity level is ~1.2*1800= 2160 calories. So 2160 calories is your TDEE, it is what you need to exist, pump your heart, sit at a desk all day and get up a few times to go to the bathroom and walk to your car.

If you eat 1200 calories and you have a TDEE of 2160 calories with zero exercise, your deficit is already 2160-1200=960 calorie deficit.

If you add 1000 calories of exercise, and your TDEE is 2160, then your deficit is 2160+1000-1200= 1960 calorie deficit.

Your NET calories should equal your goal. Let's say your goal is 1500 calories for the above example. Your NET is Food-exercise, so in the above example it would be 1200-1000=200 NET. You would need to eat 1300 more calories to achieve goal.

You NEVER want your NET to be negative or even less than 1200.

So when you meant myNet

needs to be at least 1200 including all the calorie burning?

-861 Calories is my deficit regarding BMR - TDEE

So if I burn about 900 calories/day

deficit would be -1761 cals (Or is this actually my goal calorie to eat up daily?)

If I eat up 1200 cals

and my "actual" deficit would be -561?

on the mfp app my NET would be around +600 since it doesn't seem to count the BMR (As inputted below)

Goal 2530
    Food 1188
    Exercise 580 <- only includes cardio (strength work out doesn't have calorie output)
    NET 608
    Remaining 1922

But ! If I do add my BMR on to this NET it would be 608 - 1700(BMR) = NET = -1100 wouldn't it?

Meaning, to set my NET to AT LEAST 1200, with the above net I need to eat 2300 calories more

even after my 1200 calorie intake

which then absurdly strikes my Remaining Cal of 1922 and my Goal Cal of 2530??????????????????

Or are you simply suggesting me to balance the NET on my app to

1200 Cals including work outs but disregarding the BMR ?

I'd hate to annoy/waste your time and i know i'm not that bad at math

but this is really really confusing and i feel like a potato

I'm really sincerely thankful for your time
  • emmajo99
    emmajo99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A suggestion I have if you need to get some extra calories in you but don't feel like eating: drink your calories. They always say that the first thing to cut out is caloric drinks, so maybe add in one or two throughout your day so you get up to your daily caloric goal. Make a peanut butter smoothie, or drink a glass of milk or juice, or find something else that you find enjoyable! Just don't go overboard!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose 30 lbs in 2 months, you may want to reassess since that is a rather unrealistic goal. With 30 lbs to lose, choosing a 1 lb per week loss (500 calorie deficit below predicted TDEE) is more appropriate to start with. As you get closer to your goal, you'll need to increase the calories consumed since you have less fat to lose.

Ah ok but

What does "500 calorie deficit below predicted TDEE" specifically mean?

My TDEE turned out to be 2560 cal/day and BMR was 1700/day

does that mean eating 2000 cals/day sound more effective to lose weight?

You should keep your calorie intake between your BMR(1700) and your TDEE (2560).
    For optimal fat loss while maintaining your lean body mass, you can eat 20% less than your TDEE, which would be 2048 calories a day. :smile:

You may want to give this a read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    5 words... peanut. butter. banana. smoothie.

thats only 4 words...

oh... and skittles.
  • Lauracanbe125
    Options
    You feel nauseated when hungry. Your body goes in to starvation mode when you eat too few calories. Try to eat a little something every two hours. Get your protein in first or your hair will fall out ): Shoot for six small meals per day. Think of them as snack size meals so you don't feel overwhelmed. You must eat!!!!!!! Good Luck! Stay healthy you will have more energy <3 Laura