Any Tough Mudders out there!

Options
2»

Replies

• srseyes
    Options
    Going to piggy back on this thread since it still seems to be active!

I am going to sign up for TM in the Poconos in April. I was hoping to get a team together or even just one other person to join me but everyone I know said they weren't interested because A) The intensity or B) The price. How many of you guys have done this on your own? I read a ton of articles and threads about how everyone there will help you out and that makes me less nervous.

I also have a fear of heights but I will not let that stop me! After the whole idea is to pushed out of your comfort zone with TM! So has anyone ever froze while going through an obstacle? If so how did you get through it?

I have been working out in general with just completing Insanity, currently doing a hybrid of Les Mills Combat and Pump and then moving on to Asylum or Focus T25. So I feel pretty good training wise.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You should be fine doing TM solo, other mudders will help you out if you need it.
    I didn't freeze on any obstacles, but one of my team mates did. Took her a while to get through Walk the Plank, but eventually she figured she would be more pissed if she didn't do it, after doing everything else.

• Malachai76
    Options
    Signed up for the my second one doing it in Edinburgh again in June 2014
  • KatySW6588
    Options
    Hey,

I have thought about Tough Mudder in Edinburgh but at the moment I'm just wanting to get to the 10k. I was running about 7k and getting my way to the 10k mark but have been away from the training and diet for 7 weeks with a foot operation. Iv just started to get back into it and find that I'm maxing out at 5k and walking another 5k to keep the momentum going.

People on MFP are great for advice and iv taken some from other feeds and topics. It's just a gradual process but it sounds like a good idea that there is a group of you so you can motivate and spur each other on.

Xxx
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first Tough Mudder Scotland in June 2014! Feel free to add for mutual motivation :)

I'm focusing on circuit training, intervals, and some distance running - the Tough Mudder website has some great tips for training, but I found that the circuit training they suggest is very similar to most exercises across the levels of 30 Day Shred, so I will be incorporating that also!
  • muderfocker
    muderfocker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Done plenty of Tough Mudders adventure races and most recently Go Ruck. Feel free to add me....like to see others motivated for these types of races.
  • NicoleLeighanne
    NicoleLeighanne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not signed up for tough mudder yet as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to manage it... I'm doing a 9 mile similar style course in May though (not convinced I'm really up to that but it has less obstacles!). I'm hardly a runner though, so both distances seem so scary to me! I might sign up depending on how May goes, I'm going to be using the tough mudder "boot camp" alongside lifting and running (unfortunately) so I'll see how it goes! Will definitely keep looking at you guys for tips/inspiration!
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I did mine last May. Train hard, it pays off! I can't put into words how much fun it is! I am defiantly doing another one! The team spirit is awesome, I had people helping me out left, right and centre..... Just be sure to pay it back! With a positive attitude and grit and determination you'll do just fine! Have fun, don't take it too seriously and you'll love it!