Trigger foods

Options
What foods can you not stop eating. Mine are corn chips and Salsa or guacamole; Humus; Olives; Chick Peas; Broad beans with tomato sauce from trader joes; sometimes cheese and salt and vinegar kettle chips. Actually I'm ok on chips if I make them in little portions but I can scarf a ton down. But Humus..especially olive..don't tempt me!!

Replies

• mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Also Cashews, and extra crunchy Almond Butter with Honey.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    chocolate and popcorn.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nutella. NOt only do I have a lot of trouble stopping once I start eating it, but it triggers cravings for other sweets as well. Its pure evil.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    the only thing I really have a problem with is certain types of caramel/chocolates. As a result, I can't have it in the house. I can live with chocolate chips, Atkins or Clif bars, etc... I like those and they satisfy my chocolate-caramel cravings, but I'm not tempted to snarf 'em. I live in a town with a chocolate factory that makes amazing English toffee and assorted chocolates and I do not purchase their wares. If I had a box of assorted nut chews/caramels and no one to share it with I could probably eat 1 lb in a day or two. Seriously.

It's kind of funny though because with anything else I have no trouble sticking to a counted-out or measured portion.
  • MatthewLewis81
    MatthewLewis81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Potato chips are the main one, but pretty much any starchy, carb-laden snack will do it. I'm slowly learning to take a portion and put the rest away, but if I don't do that, I'll keep eating until it's gone without even noticing.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    anything crunchy & salty . . . oh and cheese . . .

during the holidays every party i went to had a cheese board with crackers . . . i would post up next to it and eat sooo much cheese and crackers that i would be full by dinner time ha ha
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am that way with Olives. I steal them from bars that have the olives in reach for martini's I think I may have a problem..:noway: :noway: :love: :love: :love:
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Cheese.

I can't stop at 30g of a really stinky gooey piece of cheese, especially with crusty bread.

I like crisps and chocolate, but they're easy to buy in 1 serving sizes.

I don't have much discipline with wine either, I know you can get those little bottles, but there isn't a great variety and they look so sad.
  • trinity5703
    Options
    Pizza... always pizza.......
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Cookies...
    Chocolate Chip or Oreos.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Chips are my weakness. I like them all:) A serving just never cuts it for me.
  • Eve_e
    Eve_e Posts: 57
    Options
    SO odd, I know, but flaming hot Cheetos. I crave them every single day. I used to sit down and eat almost an entire bag at a time, now, limiting myself to 20 pieces a couple of times a week is absolute torture.
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pizza. It sounds like a joke but I eat it once or twice a week & it's 4 or 5 slices, depending on the time of day, maybe more. I just love it & have little self control when I order some. It's sick. Ugh! I hope someday to not be such an out of control fatty about it.
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    SO odd, I know, but flaming hot Cheetos. I crave them every single day. I used to sit down and eat almost an entire bag at a time, now, limiting myself to 20 pieces a couple of times a week is absolute torture.

Those are so yummy, too. I can't buy them anymore coz I eat the whole bag! :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    String cheese. If I buy a pack, it's gone. I have to not buy it unless I have factored the whole 12 sticks into my day. It's a sickness, I tell ya!!
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chips, chocolate, burgers, fries, pizza. I can keep eating these over and over.
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Anything dessert. I can pass on salty stuff without a problem, but put some cake or cookies in front of me and prepare to be disgusted lol
  • Eve_e
    Eve_e Posts: 57
    Options

Those are so yummy, too. I can't buy them anymore coz I eat the whole bag! :(

I keep them in my house against my better judgement. I hope the day never comes when I eat an entire bag at once again. ):
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Baked Onion Rings - they are kinda like Funyuns only way better! Even though the bag says baked, there is nothing healthy about these little crunchy rings. I can eat a whole bag in one sitting without even thinking about it.