Replies

• Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!
  • happysoul72
    happysoul72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story with us, you are definitely a role model and you have filled me with much inspiration.
    its been a while trying to achieve that goal and always seek excuses, but after reading your story and see what fantastic you look i have no doubt I'll be able also to achieve my goals.

TTHANK YOU!!!!
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    God Bless You!!! This is the kind of inspiration I need!!
  • happysoul72
    happysoul72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story with us, you are definitely a role model and you have filled me with much inspiration.
    its been a while trying to achieve that goal and always seek excuses, but after reading your story and see what fantastic you look i have no doubt I'll be able also to achieve my goals.

TTHANK YOU!!!!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! I really appreciate that you posted your Success Story after maintaining for two years. I lost weight several years ago, but didn't focus on maintenance and gained 2/3 of it back. It's harder to lose the second time! Thanks for sharing your story. Truly inspirational.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look years younger, and a helluva a lot happier. :)
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You Rock!!!! Great job and keep it up=)
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You are amazing !
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Today I have logged in 1095 consecutive days on mfp and I'm celebrating 3 years of a new me. I'll keep it short and sweet. I joined mfp a year after the death of my mom and knew if I didn't do something soon then my children would lose me too soon. I joined mfp and dug my heels in. I lost 100 pounds within 9 months and 110 pounds at the 1 year mark. I've now maintained that loss for two solid years. I've even kept the pounds off and maintained muscle mass while undergoing bilateral hip surgery (one in June and one in October of 2013). Sure I'd love to lose those last 15 pounds that bug me but I'm not complaining. I'm healthy, fit and strong. Oh, and no excuses for me. I'm type 1 diabetic, low thyroid and I still lose this weight naturally.

Stats I'm asked to share and now don't mind. I'm 5' 9" tall. Starting weight was 277 pounds. I was squeezing into a size 24 pants and a 3X shirt. I now wear a size 8 to 10 pants and a small / medium shirt.

I welcome new friends and this is a journey that is never complete, a race that continues to be ran and I'm here to encourage others along the way.

The beginning, January 2011
    189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg

This is actually me over 10 years ago. I'm kindly told I look younger now. I beg to differ, but I'm certainly thinner! LOL
    scan0014.jpg

fatfatfat.jpg

January 2012, one year mark and my daughter and I both fit into my once too tight size 24 jeans. BTW, we still fit into those jeans and a current picture is in my profile.
    006.jpg

Be sure not to post that picture of you and your daughter on facebook.... they'll make you take it down claiming it shows an idealized body image or some such garbage. Have you heard about that?

Great job... good for you!
  • Lanie2012
    Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump! Your story is amazing, I'd really love to read it again later for more inspiration :)

Thank you for sharing! The part about your kids losing their mother too soon almost brought me to tears.

Thanks again, congratulations!
  • peej44
    peej44 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I really need to see this so thank you for posting. Your hard work and dedication has certainly paid off :)
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fabulous congrats!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go! :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I really need to see this so thank you for posting. Your hard work and dedication has certainly paid off :)

Much thanks.
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're so inspiring, and you look amazing! I also love your Yankees shirt! Yankees fans are my favorite people :happy:
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Look at what you did!!!!! Brava!!!!
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look great, you should be so happy! You look younger, and happy and healthy keep up the logging it's working for you
  • kellystacy424
    Options
    Way to go!
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration!!!!! You are seriously AMAZING. :flowerforyou: :smile: :happy:
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love this! I love your accomplishments + how well you've stayed committed and maintained your healthy self for the past 3 years. GREAT WORK!!! Congrats! Aloha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!