What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Size 5/6

Currently im size 10/11
  • CharlieB145
    Options
    My goal weight is 145 lbs ( I fit into a 9/10 - 11/12 depending on the cut of the jeans), I'm a 16 now. So perhaps a 9 would be good, nothing smaller than that for me.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with a 6 (fits at 155-160 with my height) but since my goal is another 5 pounds below that I *might* get into a 4 (I usually drop a size every 10 pounds-ish so I guess we'll see when I get there).
  • Vivasstephanie
    Options
    Currently a size 8 came from a size 14. Currently working on going to a size 6 and I'll be happy right at a size 6.
  • KellieThurman
    Options
    I've learned, as a woman in the US of A...I don't go by sizes, because the sizing system for us gals is like the wild west out there!!! Stores are not consistent w/ their sizes. It seems every store is different. Even different types of jeans in the same stores...run different in sizes. I can still wear Jr.s clothes (kids clothes, really)...their sizing is WAY off from Women's clothes....its enough to drive one mad! :-) But, don't let it.

I let the whole size thing go, along time ago...and it was so freeing! I began to buy what I wanted...in any store, in any brand, in whatever size fit, and in any department!!! I bought what I LIKED....when I became unchained from a #. Your clothing size...does not define pounds on a scale, the state of your health, your BMI, etc.

Its an arbitrary, unpredictable # that has no merit. I work in fashion and its all about cut...and how much $$ designers can get out of each piece, etc. Google it. :-)

I can wear a 5-9 in Jrs....depending on what, where, etc. In women's....I can wear a 4-6....and sometimes an 8 if it runs real small.

It's madness! I have no ideal size. I just have an ideal....me. :-)
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im 5"4, would like to go from my current size 9, back to a size 6!
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    the last time I liked my body I was a size 10, but a size 8 would be better!
  • KellieThurman
    Options
    OMG! That is my size too. :-)
    Yes... Badass...its a legit size. :-)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I don't care as long as the clothes are flattering and comfortable. I think I'm currently a misses size 6. This depends on the manufacturer, of course.
  • googleelenl
    googleelenl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    a UK size 8-10, I am now 12-14. Depressing :(
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    -Gut/muffintop is mine. :) I guess a US 4, or maybe 2s. Here (Germany) it seems to be about a 34 on the bottom...though I'm still trying to figure out how those sizes relate.
    Tops a are little different because I'm broad-shouldered with some boob, so those are probably 6-8 for the upper portion, or a 38 Eur.

ETA: NEGATIVE gut/muffintop, that is. ;)
  • axanthialynette
    axanthialynette Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im currently 18/20 and want to get down to a 12. i remember thinking in highschool that size 12 was soo huge but now i would give anything to be back at it! im hoping by summer.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Originally I just wanted to fit comfortably back into my size AU8 clothes again (about a US4). I've settled at an AU6/US2, and I'm happy here. I'm really short too, so actually jeans need to be a girls size AU12 and then I don't need to take up the hems :wink:

Now I if I could just find clothes in that size that looked good on me and that weren't ridiculously expensive, I'd be extremely happy...
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm in a comfortable 10 now, down from a 12 (a few 14s) when I started. I would love to get into an 8 but I'm not sure how they'll work lengthwise (I'm 5'6"). I don't hate being a 10 but I still have some weight to lose before I get to my goal so we'll see!

Oh, and I want to not hate myself in a bathing suit. That's almost more important than a jean size to me.

Are you saying that they will be too short? I'm a 6' tall woman who has worn 6/8 that were long enough. You should be fine!
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i'm in a size 0, but if i firmed up my tummy and lower body, i'd comfortably fit into a 00. (i'm short and very small-framed)
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a size 6. I'm somewhere between an 8 and a 10 right now but I know I can get a lot closer to a 6 if I lose the weight I plan to and tone up since that's the size I used to be. At my thinnest around age 18, I may have been closer to a 4, but I think my hipbones have broadened a bit since then.
  • grangel1984
    grangel1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    at one point in my life I was up to a size 40, and lost enough weight to get down to size 31, but now I am a comfortable size 34 but would like to get down to size 32 .
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP with the goal of getting to an 8, and that seemed like a stretch goal. Now I'm fitting into some 0s, 2-4s for sure. It's crazy! I think it's got to be due in large part to vanity sizing. Today's 2 is probably yesterday's 8.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Like 0-2, depending on brand. Idk. Haven't been shopping in a while.
  • takemybellyplease
    Options
    I'm a 20, wouldnt mine going down to a 16, but I would walk around NAKED at a 12!:wink::laugh: