25 things

Options
124»

Replies

• tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1. My brother is starting to accuse me of sounding like our mother, which is always LOVELY to hear!
    2. I admit that I catch myself sounding like my mother, especially when talking to my own children!
    3. My favorite color is pink, so it is very fitting that I have three daughters. (Poor hubby is stuck with it. He usually doesn't mind, but the one consistant comment he makes is "When they get their periods, I'm leaving!")
    4. I have always wanted to get my nose pierced.
    5. I have always been a neat, clean and organized person...then I had kids! They have mellowed my compulsion for complete order quite a bit. Sometimes I think my husband is just as messy as my kids are!
    6. I am terrified to drive in snow and usually rain too.
    7. I will still watch The Goonies, Adventures in Babysitting & Roadhouse everytime they are on tv.
    8. I hate confrontation.
    9. I can't stand the smell of any canned fish. It makes me gag. When I am pregnant I get down-right pissed at my husband if he opens a can and does not immediately scrub out the sink, take the can to the garbage and brush his teeth.
    10. I have gone to 4 different colleges, but I haven't earned my degree yet. (working on it!)
    11. I used to be a massage therapist.
    12. I can't stand cleaning the bathrooms, but when I am hungry & feeling like I could binge, it is the first thing I do.
    13. I would rather read a book than go shopping.
    14. I would love to have more alone time, but if I had it I have no idea what I would actually do!
    15. I can't remember the last time I got to take an uninterrupted shower.
    16. I have had the opportunity to travel when I was younger and I loved it. Part of me is very sad to realize that I probably won't have the opportunity again for a long, long time.
    17. I am an at-home mom.
    18. Sometimes I feel very jealous of my husband for being able to go to work! (Sick, I know...)
    19. I am lucky enough to have all of my grandparents alive and well.
    20. I get tired of people asking me when I am going to have another baby & if it will be a boy next time. Isn't three enough? And what the hell is wrong with girls???
    21. I am a very crafty person.
    22. In the past 10 years my husband and I have moved 7 times in 3 different states.
    23. I wish I was better at sewing.
    24. Everyone says my girls look just like me, but I can't see it.
    25. I would love to go skydiving again, but probably won't in the off-chance that I would die and leave my children motherless.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

21. I love to vacuum & clean the bathroom

22. I love to iron clothes

What time can I expect you?? I've got a bathtub with your name ALL OVER IT, honey. :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options

21. I love to vacuum & clean the bathroom

22. I love to iron clothes

What time can I expect you?? I've got a bathtub with your name ALL OVER IT, honey. :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, you couldn't pay my enough! I've seen what all over that bathtub!! :noway: :noway: :sick: :sick:
  • mdeguzman
    Options

19. I just scored 131 points in just two words on "Words With Friends" (aka Scrabble) for the iPhone. AWESOME. :smokin:

I am totally addicted to that word with friends too :0
  • SkierElle
    Options
    had this on my blog, didn't know there was a thread for it! soon ill take time to read everyones that I haven't yet :)

1. I have two younger brothers. One of them is 6' 9". the other one is still growing, but could end up even taller.

2. in high school, I was one of the kids who wore wranglers and boots and ate lunch on the back of a truck and then practiced roping in the parking lot, raised lambs and horses, and went 4x4ing in the mountains and horseback riding on the beach on the weekends. I am still that kid, but I go to the lake instead of the beach!

3. I have recently developed an interest in traveling to 3rd world countries and teaching people about agriculture. this is a totally unexpected revalation.

4. My favorite foods are lamb, elk, pumpkin bread, and eggs.

5. I have 2 nicknames: Amazon and the Viking.

6. I am completely terrified of two things to the point that it is almost a phobia. Bananas and bandaids.

7. When I studied abroad in new zealand, I went skydiving, spelunking, and tramping.

8. I've ran a half marathon (2:19! in 2009) and a 10k. I finished a triathlon as well.

9. I am a Christian.

10. I haven't kept any secrets to myself because my best friend of 11 years knows them all.

11. I hate looking at the time, and worrying about it, but I will have a slight freak out if I am not out of bed by 6:30 am, no matter if it is the weekend or not.

12. I have a deep appreciation for Craigslist and Amazon.

13. When I was a child, I never watched TV. I never had a meal in front of the tv with my family. I convinced my parents that my brothers should not watch tv and therefore we should not have cable. Bossy oldest child syndrome is to blame.

14. I can have 4 shots of expresso and go to sleep a half hour later.

15. Someday, I want to adopt a kid for sure, but Im not sure if I want one of my own yet.

16. I have a huge scar on my leg from riding a steer and then falling off on a barbed wire fence when I was 12.

17. I've performed a hysterectomy on a sheep.

18. My favorite thing in the whole world is skiing.

19. I am fluent in American Sign Language. Someday I'd like to get certified as an interpreter.

20. When I was a teenager, I made money by breeding hamsters and working at a dentist office.

21. My biggest pet peeves are when people unjustly complain and when people contradict themselves.

22. I love college, but after studying abroad I am really disappointed in the quality of the US education system, and that's one reason why I am applying to grad school in Europe.

23. I have an ongoing database in my head of people's birthdays, and I never forget them.

24. I would really love to live in Alaska someday.

25. For two months earlier this fall, I milked cows 4 days a week at 3am.
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    1. My first name at birth was spelled differently than it is now...this is actually the third legal spelling of my name.

2. My last name was also changed while I was in the second grade. So basically, my name now is completey different from what it is on my birth certificate.

3. My dad is Greek. So are my brother and sisters. I am not. I'm mostly native american (my great grandmother, who is still living, was raised on an Indian reservation).

4. I've always wanted to be an astrophysicist, unfortunately I'm not that great at math.

5. I can speak Spanish (not fluent, but definitely a lot)

6. My boyfriend is Cuban-his mom was born in Cuba. He does not speak Spanish. I translate for him sometimes! It cracks me up!

7. I'm very emotional, empathetic, and sensitive. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's annoying. I always put myself in other people's shoes so I'm very understanding...but I also get hurt a lot because of how emotional I can be.

8. I love love love music. I can feel it coursing through my veins.

9. I'm the oldest of four. I have two younger sisters and a younger brother. We live all over the place and hardly see each other :/

10. I really really really want a puppy!!!!

11. I like to play video games: Final Fantasy, Halo (I'm really bad!), World of Warcraft, Demon's Souls. you can have my gamer tag if you want :) I don't play all the time though, only when the mood strikes.

12. I LOVE Colts football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. I move at least once a year...sometimes two or three times. I hate it.

14. I have moved in with complete strangers that I found on a Web site
    where people look for roommates twice, and it was awesome...the second time
    is how I met my amazing boyfriend who I have now been with for about a year and
    8 months.

15. My boyfriend and I had a perfect first kiss...on the first day we met. We
    met at a karaoke bar where my new roommate was introducing me to people. Michael
    showed up with his crazy hair and plopped down next to me...a few drinks and
    some flirting later it was time to leave...we went outside, it was pouring rain.
    I said "here, get under my hood so you don't get wet. (the hood to my hoodie)
    and out there, in the rain we had our first kiss and it took my breathe away...it still does!

16. I won't vacuum if I'm at home alone because I'm too scared. Someone could sneak in to get me and I'd never know because the vacuum is so loud!!

17. Just like the guy who posted this thread...I can't start something and :half
    *kitten* "it. If I'm going to "clean the kitchen" I'm going to clean the walls, the
    trim, the window sills, inside and outside the oven, inside and outside the
    cupboards, inside and outside the fridge. If I can't do it all, I won't bother
    to do it in the first place. This doesn't apply to "just doing dishes." This also
    means that my bedroom is in a constant state of dissaray.

18. I logged into my gmail about 6 months ago to find that my biological father had tracked me down and e-mailed me to communicate with me for the first time in 26 years. He wants me to call him. I'm not sure that I'm interested.

19. I rock out in my car constantly. I don't care if you stare.

20. My favorite color is red...but i tend to wear a lot of purple

21. I don't have a favorite movie, favorite song, favorite band. I just like
    too many things to choose!!!

22. ...I'm indecisive lol

23. I love coffee anytime of day or night, including 2 am when I know I'm going to bed soon.

24. I love cheesecake so much...but it's so bad so i eat it once a year on my birthday.

25. One year for April fool's day when I was younger, my mom and my sibling plotted
    to tell me we were going to Disney World or land or whatever. I was so excited...
    until they broke the news to me...I cried. I still remember how terrible I felt...
    and I never got to go!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1. I am adopted, but you would never know the difference because I look a lot like my family! :heart: :heart:

2. I am NOT where I thought I would be at this point in my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

4. My husband and I have moved over nine times in the past 8 years. He's a house flipper...it's a blessing AND a curse!! :grumble:

5. My feelings get hurt really easily and I am overly sensitive.

6. I NEVER want to hurt people. Ever. I hate seeing people upset, even people that I don't even know. If I saw a stranger crying on the street, I would probably run up to them with a big hug!

7. I finally love myself. It took YEARS and YEARS before I was finally happy with myself.

8. I want to go back to college and have a career. I would love to do something with diet and nutrition, or be a lactation consultant.

9. I know all the words to every Dora song, Wiggles song, Barney song. You name it, I know it! (Thanks to my beautiful kiddies, of course!)

10. I have had people tell me lately that I look like a model. That certainly boosts my self-esteem!! :blushing:

11. I have a love-hate relationship with my minivan. I love to drive it, hate to be seen in it! It's so practical and the heater leather seats and sliding doors and DVD player rock. Of course, I don't exactly feel like a diva driving it... ;)

12. I love the winter. I hate the snow and the ice, but I love imagining winter to be magical and romantic, just like when I was younger. I love to be bundled up in the house in front of my fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa and my kids and my husband.

13. I love making things better. Everything!

14. I love to brag about my kids. I don't care if you don't want to hear it...they are smart, talented and GORGEOUS!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

15. I used to in all through high school. My favorite solo ever was the year I sang "Santa Baby" It make me feel so sophisticated and grown up!

16. I hate liars and fakes and drama queens. HATE HATE HATE. They drive me up the wall and I just want to tell them to get a life!

17. I love grammar. Is that wrong? I hate to see bad grammar and love to correct it. My husband often yells at me for correcting his emails. Hey, I can't help it!!

18. My brother once dared me to touch an electric fence. Those ones that keep the cows fenced in? I did it. I flew backwards. It hurt.

19. I am seriously terrified of the dentist. When I get out of the car to walk into the building, I get that same, shaky feeling I get right before I walk into a funeral. I always have a cavity that needs to be filled or a root canal needing to be done. People, I brush 2 times a day and floss like crazy! Not fair!

20. I LOVE babies. I love being pregnant.I have three, and I wish I could have lots more! I once offered someone to be surrogate for them. I could totally see myself having a baby for someone else. I don't enjoy being in labor persay, but I love the end result!

21. I have old lady hands. Seriously. I have been told that numerous times. It's better than being called elephant hands...kids used to call me that in school...

22. My husband and I have defied the odds...we have been married for 7 years and most people thought we wouldn't last one year. We got married at 18 and 19, already pregnant....

23. I am a clumsy, clumsy klutz. I can trip over air. It's amazing. Unfortunately, my clumsy gene was passed on to my oldest daughter...poor kid!

24. I am overly obsessed with MFP. I check it more than Facebook. You guys all rock and I love to read your stories! :)

25. I am starting a new relationship with my younger sister again. It feels great getting to know her again and starting over. :heart:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1. I am adopted, but you would never know the difference because I look a lot like my family! :heart: :heart:

2. I am NOT where I thought I would be at this point in my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

4. My husband and I have moved over nine times in the past 8 years. He's a house flipper...it's a blessing AND a curse!! :grumble:

5. My feelings get hurt really easily and I am overly sensitive.

6. I NEVER want to hurt people. Ever. I hate seeing people upset, even people that I don't even know. If I saw a stranger crying on the street, I would probably run up to them with a big hug!

7. I finally love myself. It took YEARS and YEARS before I was finally happy with myself.

8. I want to go back to college and have a career. I would love to do something with diet and nutrition, or be a lactation consultant.

9. I know all the words to every Dora song, Wiggles song, Barney song. You name it, I know it! (Thanks to my beautiful kiddies, of course!)

10. I have had people tell me lately that I look like a model. That certainly boosts my self-esteem!! :blushing:

11. I have a love-hate relationship with my minivan. I love to drive it, hate to be seen in it! It's so practical and the heater leather seats and sliding doors and DVD player rock. Of course, I don't exactly feel like a diva driving it... ;)

12. I love the winter. I hate the snow and the ice, but I love imagining winter to be magical and romantic, just like when I was younger. I love to be bundled up in the house in front of my fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa and my kids and my husband.

13. I love making things better. Everything!

14. I love to brag about my kids. I don't care if you don't want to hear it...they are smart, talented and GORGEOUS!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

15. I used to in all through high school. My favorite solo ever was the year I sang "Santa Baby" It make me feel so sophisticated and grown up!

16. I hate liars and fakes and drama queens. HATE HATE HATE. They drive me up the wall and I just want to tell them to get a life!

17. I love grammar. Is that wrong? I hate to see bad grammar and love to correct it. My husband often yells at me for correcting his emails. Hey, I can't help it!!

18. My brother once dared me to touch an electric fence. Those ones that keep the cows fenced in? I did it. I flew backwards. It hurt.

19. I am seriously terrified of the dentist. When I get out of the car to walk into the building, I get that same, shaky feeling I get right before I walk into a funeral. I always have a cavity that needs to be filled or a root canal needing to be done. People, I brush 2 times a day and floss like crazy! Not fair!

20. I LOVE babies. I love being pregnant.I have three, and I wish I could have lots more! I once offered someone to be surrogate for them. I could totally see myself having a baby for someone else. I don't enjoy being in labor persay, but I love the end result!

21. I have old lady hands. Seriously. I have been told that numerous times. It's better than being called elephant hands...kids used to call me that in school...

22. My husband and I have defied the odds...we have been married for 7 years and most people thought we wouldn't last one year. We got married at 18 and 19, already pregnant....

23. I am a clumsy, clumsy klutz. I can trip over air. It's amazing. Unfortunately, my clumsy gene was passed on to my oldest daughter...poor kid!

24. I am overly obsessed with MFP. I check it more than Facebook. You guys all rock and I love to read your stories! :)

25. I am starting a new relationship with my younger sister again. It feels great getting to know her again and starting over. :heart:

15. I used to SING in high school...oops!
  • jtgill
    jtgill Posts: 48
    Options
    I love you Amber!
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ) there is no difference between friends and family to me. They are all one in the same and when i say the word family im including my friends in this.

2) My parents have been married for 27 years and are grossly in love, its really disgusting and i hope tchris and i are like that years from now

3) Most of my close female friends that have stuck with me through the years are from high school but most of my close male friends i didn't meet until after high school

4) I love doing hair and make up. Its fun to get all pretty but i hate picking out clothes and probably would wear sweats all the time if my friends would still go out in public with me.

5) I am perfectly capable of murder.....Don't believe me? Hurt any part of my family (or friends) and you will find out

6) I'm a pretty open person. I don't have anything to hide. And i joke about the mistakes i have made.

7) I don't often think before i talk when im out with friends. Things just kind of come out of my mouth. Talking about sex doesn't embarrass me nor does dirty, racist, or fart jokes.

8) I hardly ever cry at funerals or other such serious things but movies make me cry

9) I am really laid back for the most part but if you piss me off i will let you know and i am painfully honest.

10) I am extremely non judgmental. We all make mistakes, live and learn.

11) The Last Unicorn was my favorite movie as a child, i can still sing all the songs.

12) I love and Trust everyone right off the bat, but **** me over and you will not get a second chance.

13) I think some people think i am trashy or tacky because i love to go out and usually get hammered when i do and all kinds of dirty things spew out of my mouth. But in a work environment i am extremely professional and very tactful in the way i speak. So much so that people i work with are actually shocked i am the same person when they see me outside of work. Thank you mom and dad

14) I am really really messy..............but i love to do laundry and clean bathrooms.

15) My family loves to laugh alot. We show affection by making fun of each other too. Im super close with my brother and sister sand parents but we arent really the types to hug and say i love you. They already know

16) I forget where i set things all the time and rely on my best friend to remember what i do with things. But if i met you on the playground in kindergarten i will still remember your name and most likely your birthday if i ever knew it

17) I miss my having fun with my old coworkers at the first job i ever had

18) I keep in touch with almost everyone i have ever met and usually know whats going with everyone

19) I have a tattoo of a sun on my hip that i share with 2 good friends of mine that symbolizes a life changing summer for us. It makes me smile when i get naked

20) My best friend and i sleep at each others houses after drunken nights.

21) Long ago i adopted to kittens with my Ex. My ex left us and i think my cats went through some abandonment issues. One cat was a boy (Bonnin) and one was a girl (Annabelle) Well Bonnin knocked up Annabelle before i could get Bonnin fixed. And they made my third cat who is a male (Fallon) When i moved home i brought my three cats with me. My sister has a female cat (Chippy). Chippy got knocked up by Fallon before we got them fixed. They made 4 kittens. 3 are all black and one was crazy colored. Someone adopted the crazy colored cat. The three black ones are 2 girls and a boy. They look alike so there names are the color of their colors (Red, Blue, and Purple) So now we have 7 cats (not all in the house) I guess Bob Barker was right

22) I often imagine of taking off on my own one day moving somewhere where no one knows me and i can start over and reinvent myself. I come crashing back to reality when i think of how much i would miss my family.

23) I frikin love vodka and have been neglecting it lately because i have been drinking Limon and Water. I will come back to you vodka

24) I got a digital camera for my birthday but i have hardly used it. I know i would loose it when i was drunk and i dont have kids so what else is there to take pictures of?

25) My Family often breaks out in to song and dance randomly. We could be the brady bunch.

26)A close friend male friend of mine spent most of our freshman year of college crying on each others shoulders. My bf cheated on me and his gf got knocked up and informed him she wasn't sure he was the father.

27) At one point in time almost everyone of my guy friends have slept in my bed or grabbed my boobs and no thats not as sexual as it sounds

28) I am really afraid of anything with alot of legs but mainly spiders or large ants that dress up like spiders

29) I really miss the days of being 18-21. I have so many memories with alot of really awesome close friends. I learned a lot about who I was then.

30) I'm doing 30 cause I'm bad *kitten*. I've been arrested twice and hand cuffed and escorted out of the red river valley fair. My parents are so proud
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

1. This will tie into some that follows. I am a defeated perfectionist. Basically that means I am a perfectionist, but I only apply it to things I believe I can do perfectly. For example, I can't just wash the car. If I wash it, I have to wax it, vacuum, etc, until it is perfect. I have a better survival rate than perfectionists, but I miss out on a lot of things that are fun, because if I don't think I can do them to my standards, I won't do it at all.

And this is why my house is a disaster. I don't like to clean because I don't have time to do it perfectly every day. I'm learning to compromise and just have it be "good enough," but man, it's hard.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    25. Thank god I'm at #25. My MFP goal is to wear a bikini my next cruise in May. I hope I achieve it.
    I'm so close to my goal :happy:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I've thoroughly enjoyed reading every single one of these! Never done one so here goes:

1. I was supposed to be a big deal but I'm a massive underachiever -always felt like an impostor and I didn't realize I had ADHD until I was in my early 20's. I had myself tested for everything under the sun after dropping out of college. At our last HS reunion, people emailed me asking me if I was a Physicist or a scientist or what fabulous career I have now. When I tell them I'm a SAHM they say "oh". LOL (I'm happy though)

2. I met my husband when I was 17 and fell instantly in love, he was 22. I used to leave school, walk to his house where he was sleeping in and climb into bed with him. Oh yes. (He was so spoiled)

3. I learn things the hard way, so therefore, I have many regrets. If I were able to tell myself what I know now, to my younger self, I wouldn't change my husband or my friends, I just would have done things a bit differently. Obviously I had a lot to learn the hard way lol.

4. I hate parties of all kinds. I turned down many offers for baby showers for my last pregnancy, I just cannot do the ooh's an ahh's expected out of pregnant mothers. I love my babies, I love my children, I just hate parties. Even kids parties. I deal with it and make sure everyone is happy, but this I consider this some kind of fatal flaw for motherhood kind of sin. What can I say? I don't have the party gene.

5. I'm an introvert, duh. See above. I don't know if it's 'shyness' so much as the fact that I feel alien and that I don't relate to a lot of people that easily. I'm awkward. I put my foot in my mouth: see ADHD. However, I'm outspoken so this confuses a lot of people that expect me to be mousy, quiet and submissive. I have a very solid backbone and am not even remotely close to a doormat. Give me offense and my defense will shred your soul.

6. I hate sports unless I'm playing them. Since I'm uncoordinated in that manner, I still hate sports lol.

7. If I had to get a tattoo, it would say something like Queen of Hobbies. I can teach myself almost anything and have taught myself calligraphy, crochet, quilt making, yes even gaming- I just bought an XBOX a few years ago put in my game and played until I got to expert level lol, same thing with computers, cooking, etc. If I want to know it I'll learn it. If something is bothering me or I need to find something out I'll read ten books about it.

8. I'm passionate about life. It seems counter intuitive that I am since I despise parties and sports, two things that extroverts love and activities that revel in life, but I do, just differently.

9. I love my two younger brothers so much it's a weakness- my friends and husband know that if you say anything bad about them around me it can reduce me to tears. I don't know why, I just love my brothers so much! They're full grown men now but I still feel protective. My mother tells me that when I was three, I beat up some kid on the playground that picked on my brother who is a year and half younger than me. This type of thing happened throughout our childhood except it was a verbal confrontation that I engaged in much to my little brother's chagrin haha.

10. I still don't know what I'm going to do when I'm grown up! I'm going back to school whenever my baby can go to preschool in a couple of years. I'm probably going to get a science degree and decide what to do then...I love too many things and subjects. I might just be a professional student.

11. I'm an absolute romantic and I didn't realize this until I was over 30, how clueless am I? LOL

12. All my friends and family know that I'm a die hard fan of science fiction- since I was a kid. I love scifi books, movies and games.

13. I'm thinking about writing fiction. There are a lot of stories to tell that haven't been told ..and in entertaining fashion.

14. I'm also addicted to music I hope my ears don't wear out before I die.

15. I'm going to be a sharp and strange old lady, I'll stay current, I'm going to know wth is happening in the world around me. Good luck trying to pull the wool over me grandchildren and adult children of mine HAHA.

16. I've discovered that boys are easier than girls to raise since I've had my daughter. She's only three and if this is any indication of what the next 20 years are going to be like, I'm going to be drunk when my kids are teenagers.

17. I love wine, tequila and vodka. Depends on the occasion, I'll take my tequila or vodka straight up please. I prefer red wines.

18. I'm dying to get a motorcycle! My husbands laughs at me and gives me stipulations to extend the amount of time it takes for me to get one..this week I discovered I must learn how to drive stick first. Game On.

19. I love the way my husband smells, his personal scent. He smells like beautiful earth and I can breathe him in on our sheets and his shirts..whatever and it's fantastic. Bottle it up and sell it to me.

20. I've never met a woman who has admitted to having a low libido. I'm thinking it's a myth. Every woman I know of, including myself, has a high sex drive. So there must be a disconnect happening *cough* ..somewhere.

21. Aging is funny, when I was 21-24 I looked very young of course, but people assumed I was older because of my confidence and voice and speech and maturity (what a joke lol). Now people think I'm younger, thank god for dye.

22. I sound professional. So much so that my friends like to use me as job referrals just to pad their resumes ROFL. When I used to work in a call center guys used to offer me 'other jobs' you can guess the kind.

23. I adore the beach, I could live on it, lay on it, read all day on it, smoke a joint and relax there, but I don't even know how to swim. I'll learn once I get completely fit.

24. I never want to stop learning. There is so much in this world to know!

25. I'm not easy to impress.