Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ November '10

Options

Replies

• sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hey everyone...been kinda MIA. Hope everyone is doing well.

I got my workout in for today. Did a long one...55 min Turbo Fird DVD, a 10 min ab routine, and then some stretching. Feel good! Now...what to eat for breakfast?? I need to get better at staying w/in my calorie allotment for the day. Had a good couple days then over (not by much...but still over) yesterday. They weren't kidding when they call it a weight loss JOURNEY. I feel like I'll never get to my goal. I know I just need to keep pushing on though. I'll make it there..........eventually.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Today I completed the Plyometrics dvd from the P90X program. Although I did not procrastinate with today's workout I must admit I'm not really not feeling it this week. I hope this feeling passes quickly because I've been doing so well and I would hate to have a setback.
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's (mostly) wonderful Angel! Progress and normal ranges are always good!

Had a really bad afternoon yesterday. Went home and all I wanted was to order pizza (I was too drained to cook) and pig out. But I didn't. I had what I had planned for so I'm proud of myself. :drinker:

Thanks and congrats on fighting temptation! That's never easy to do, but especially not when you are tired and feeling bad.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hey everybody! Sorry I havent been postin lately. I've been busy since I started working. I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning because i havent in a few weeks. I have been reading ur posts tho. I'll try to check back tomorrow afternoon. Have a nice rest of the week. :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hi All! Hope everyone is having a good week. Today did Turbo Fire Fire 45 & Core 20. I'm doing good as far as exercise. Food struggle on some days. But ok. It looks like I'm plateauing. Not very encouraging. Going to try to get in a evening workout when i can. Hoping the extra cal burn will help.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I continue to struggle with my desire to workout this week. I'm really having a hard time getting into it but somehow I managed to push through the entire 60 minutes of Billy Blank's boot camp dvd. It was absolute torture but I did give it my best.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm glad that everyone seems to be doing well from the posts.

My doctor tried to change my BP medication and it isn't working. So, I'm just taking it easy and not exercising until I can get my old stuff back.

I miss it, but didn't want to take any chances.

Chat at you later.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: I have been doing well with food and exercise and then yesterday DH said "let's go to Subway for dinner" so over a thousand calories later (yes, I had a footlong tuna on flatbread with lots of vegetables and no cheese or sauce) so I rode the exercise bike all the way through "Dancing With the Stars" to collect enough exercise calories...fortunately I had eaten smart all day and gotten some other exercise.

:flowerforyou: I tried to cut down on my cholesterol medication and it didn't work so I'm back on the higher dose :sad: :sad: I guess losing weight and exercising doesn't cure everything :laugh: :laugh:
  • AngelSharum
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: I have been doing well with food and exercise and then yesterday DH said "let's go to Subway for dinner" so over a thousand calories later (yes, I had a footlong tuna on flatbread with lots of vegetables and no cheese or sauce) so I rode the exercise bike all the way through "Dancing With the Stars" to collect enough exercise calories...fortunately I had eaten smart all day and gotten some other exercise.

:flowerforyou: I tried to cut down on my cholesterol medication and it didn't work so I'm back on the higher dose :sad: :sad: I guess losing weight and exercising doesn't cure everything :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry about the cholesterol meds. I've heard some people are just predisposed to certain conditions. At least you are getting healthier in other ways.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy, happy Friday! TOM is kicking my tail so of course it has made my desire to exercise virtually non existent but I managed to pull out 30 minutes of the Cardio Mix and Melt dvd from the Melt It Off series.
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options

My Mom has always been a healthy eater & exerciser but she is on cholesterol meds as well. I'm sure that a healthy lifestyle helps, but I guess it's not always enough. Good for you for making the effort though!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am back on my old blood pressure medicine and my headaches should disappear in a day or so!

DD's Sweet 16 Birthday Party is tomorrow. I am making homemade Italian for 25. lol Chicken Alfredo, sausage, peppers & onions, ziti with a red sauce with meatballs. If any one wants to help cook, be at my house 8AM my time.

Jeannie

PS: For newcomers - I am Italian, so these are old, old family recipes. You know the ones you ask friends for and look at you like a deer in the headlights because these old recipes are not written down but passed from mother to daughter.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jeannie, I have a few special things that I cook that I learned from my mom and I love doing it.......my mom and I didn't have the greatest relationship but cooking together was one of the ways we got along best and I consider it a great tribute to her when I cook from her recipes......I wish I could be there to help you (I'm not Italian but that wouldn't matter)

:flowerforyou: the dogs and I had a great active time at the dog park by ourselves....there was no one else there probably because it was about 39 degrees and threatening to snow:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

emoticon-object-088.gif
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Since I was feeling a tad bit better and the weather here in GA is absolutely beautiful I decided to head to the local park in order to get in today's workout. Today I walked the park trail three times for a total of 5.64 miles and then I walked around the parking lot for 15 minutes as a cool down.

Tonight I am heading to an Old School party. They hold this party once a month in a local hotel ballroom and they only play R&B and Hip Hop from the 1980's and 1990's. I absolutely love this music and always have a good time when I attend. It's soooo popular that there's usually between 2000-3500 people in attendance every month. Can't wait!
  • AngelSharum
    Options
    Hope y'all are having a good weekend. We went on a 5 mile hike today. Hiked 2.5 miles in and then rested and hiked the other 2.5 back. I am so happy I was able to do the hike! Hiking is one of my favorite exercise and we used to do it a lot until my heart messed up. I'm very thankful I can do short hikes again even though I did get out of breath and my knees are really hurting! They will get better though with rest and I will hike again!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This has been a busy day......we went to a wedding----the bride is a good friend of mine, a single mother for many years and she found a wonderful man at her church who gets along well with her teenage daughter....I am so happy for them...the minister said wonderful words and at the end they took individual candles and used them to light a single candle to symbolize their union.....the reception was nice and we knew a lot of people but the food wasn't too exciting so DH said we needed to go out to the Thai restaurant for a real meal
    it was yummy but full of sodium......

:flowerforyou: there was some light snow this morning and I drove in it to a craft fair but it stopped by 11 AM and I was able to take the dogs to the dog park and then after the wedding and the Thai restaurant I worked in the yard for an hour before it got dark.

:flowerforyou: I spent a lot of time on the exercise bike trying to get enough exercise calories to balance all the food I ate today laugh

smiley-hug011.gif
  • jam0525
    Options
    Angel, I'm glad you are hiking since you like it so much. The best exercise is one that you will do.

Choco, That does sound like a nice dance. Hope you had a good time.

Barbie, we, too, had a lot of fun cooking growing up. Both my brother and I are good cooks. I wish we'd get some snow.

DD's party was fun. Of course, I ate too much but managed to come under anyway due to time spent on the bike. I need to be good between now and Christmas. I hate having my weight loss goal anniversary right after New Year's. Many be in some ways it keeps me honest with my holiday eating.

Colts are on. Chat at you all later.

JAM
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Weighing in... down 1.3 lbs. :) Good thing too because we went to Olive Garden for lunch, hehe. But that was after walking around Ikea for 2 hours. Hope everyone is well!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    A quick post. Today I walked 45 minutes while holding two 3 lb weights.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I swear I really struggle to stay on task this time of the year. I never want to exercise and always want to snack which does not make for a good combination. In addition to this laziness I feel my arthritis in my lower back and right knee has flared up and really bothering me today. I procrastinated all morning with today's workout but finally got it done.

Today I completed the Cardio Mix and Melt dvd from the Melt It Off series.