Normal weight for a size 18 Woman.

Options
My concern is that my scale hasn't moved in over 6 months for me. Inches have continued to drop - which is fine. I don't mind that. I'd like to see the scale move too, at some point. I vary 5 lbs give or take for the week. No big deal, as I know it’s probably water retention -- monthly… you know that type of thing. No big deal.

I am a size 18. And I also average weight 285 lbs. (again give or take the 5 lbs) I always eat at a deficit. I manage to keep my calories at or around 1250 -- I work out. I don’t always eat the calories back (because I don’t know for sure how accurate they are. ) And I'm not hungry.

My boyfriend and I joke around that I will be the “heaviest” 280 lbs size 8 around and probably should be contacting Guinness world records. ;) haha. What could it be?

1527000_10151787474412046_928975350_n.jpg

Replies

• OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your height, muscle, etc.

at size 18 I was about 220 pounds.

check out this site, it gives real pics of people and you can search any weight/height combination.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    um...thanks, ill check it out.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell a difference in your pictures. Although, if you aren't losing weight and do not have a medical condition that would keep you from doing so, you're eating too many calories to lose. Are you weighing food? If not, I would suggest you do so, considering it's been a year.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I couldn't fit in most of my 18s by the time I was 210 lbs here. It depends a lot on the brand though... I still fit in 2 of them. And sometimes they stretch out after a while too. I'm 5'5", if it helps.

Do you exercise? How much do you eat? If you're not losing weight, you're probably eating too much (but you're losing inches, so you might actually not be eating at a deficit and be building muscle).
  • RAREBIRDART
    Options
    You think so? I consume 1300 calories. and exercise daily. I do weigh food. we just bought a digital scale for the kitchen.
    based on a "normal" day just living/breathing i should burn "Your estimated BMR is: 2,005 calories/day*"
    Im so confused.

I dont think I should be a size 18, based on my weight. (not that im complaining...i just think I should be a smaller weight for that size) And i checked out that website that you gave me -- it unfortunately has no pictures of women my size. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You think so? I consume 1300 calories. and exercise daily. I do weigh food. we just bought a digital scale for the kitchen.
    based on a "normal" day just living/breathing i should burn "Your estimated BMR is: 2,005 calories/day*"
    Im so confused.

I dont think I should be a size 18, based on my weight. (not that im complaining...i just think I should be a smaller weight for that size) And i checked out that website that you gave me -- it unfortunately has no pictures of women my size. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm not suggesting you eat less than 1300, just saying that maybe you haven't been really eating 1300. You just bought a food scale? As long as you're using it, you'll probably start seeing the weight on the scale drop soon.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I would go up a few calories, so like 1300-1600 (depending on height) and eat that, but do not eat back exercise calories, track all your food.. I notice Sunday you didn't log that much (unless you ate that little) and Saturday try to not eat horribly.. You definitely can lose more weight there is no normal size 18.. your exercise calories are probably overestimated by MFP so I wouldn't eat all of those.

More protein, less carbs. (And use that food scale for everything)
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    It is crazy how the same size can fit many many different body types. I am still wearing the same pant size that I was wearing when I was 30 pounds heavier! I'm only 2 sizes bigger than I was when I was 50 pounds lighter.
  • RAREBIRDART
    Options
    I would go up a few calories, so like 1300-1600 (depending on height) and eat that, but do not eat back exercise calories, track all your food.. I notice Sunday you didn't log that much (unless you ate that little) and Saturday try to not eat horribly.. You definitely can lose more weight there is no normal size 18.. your exercise calories are probably overestimated by MFP so I wouldn't eat all of those.

More protein, less carbs. (And use that food scale for everything)

I could try to increase my calories -- I definitely do not eat back those calories -- i do it as a logging type thing.
    And I"m super guilty of only eating 1 meal or so a day on the weekends. its a lot less structured then the work week.

and when i say "just" i mean, within the last 6 months, so i've been weighing.
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    And i checked out that website that you gave me -- it unfortunately has no pictures of women my size. Thank you for the suggestion.
    [/quote]

Really? Because I just searched 280 and size 18 pants, got lots. here is the link to my results:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?gender=female&height=any&age=any&weight=127&pantSize=46&shirtSize=any&bodytype=
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    What kind of scale do you have? is it flat on the floor? Do you weigh first thing in the mornig, after you pee, with no clothes? If your clothes are getting bigger then you're losing. Scales suck *kitten*. For real.
  • CountryJoy45
    Options
    I am in a size 18 and weigh around 220. I am only 5'4". Your height, muscle tone and water retention can affect your weight and size. It sounds like you are gaining a lot of muscle and so you are becoming more trim and fit even though the scales are not moving.Your pictures show a lot of progress. Hang in there. The scales will eventually start moving again.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    If you not losing weight your not in a deficit!! Get a digital food scale and weigh everything!!!

Read this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I am in a size 18 and weigh around 220. I am only 5'4". Your height, muscle tone and water retention can affect your weight and size. It sounds like you are gaining a lot of muscle and so you are becoming more trim and fit even though the scales are not moving.Your pictures show a lot of progress. Hang in there. The scales will eventually start moving again.

You can't gain muscle on a deficit!!! JS
  • CountryJoy45
    Options
    [/quote]

"And I"m super guilty of only eating 1 meal or so a day on the weekends. its a lot less structured then the work week. "

[/quote]

Eat more than one meal a day even on the weekends. That may help. I also have found that if I change up my calorie intake over the week I do better. If you eat the same amount of calories every day your body will set itself to that point and stop losing. Pick the number that you want and use that as your average, eating more than that some days and less on others so that it will all equal out over the course of the week. Also change our your workout routine so that you are not doing the exact same thing every day. I have not looked at your logs so you may already be doing that. Those are just some things that I can think of that might help you.
  • CountryJoy45
    Options

You can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
  • RAREBIRDART
    Options

ChristianWife, Just saying, you are a very rude person.

And before you start saying what I should do, you should probably read through. I do have a digital scale. I do excercise, daily actually.

And its normal to weight almost 300 lbs, and be a size 18? I am losing inches, Im not looking for wise-*kitten*-ery one liners. Im looking for serious answer, Bully.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think you should try eating a little more. Something between 1,500-1,600 calories, and keep exercising and lifting weights.
    eating just one meal is not a good thing if you exercise everyday.

I was a size 18 at 250. I', 220 and almost a size 14. 16 pants are loose on me, and I'm 5'3, i know it's weird.
    Still it depends on the brand. I'm still a size 18 for some stores/brands.
  • CountryJoy45
    Options
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123363321

This shows that there are differing opinions on if you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Either way what you are trying to do is becoming healthier and more fit and that is what you are doing. I applaud you for that.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I was a tight 18 at 234lbs but I am only 5'4.. I am a 14 now and weight 190lbs. Your looking good so keep it up!