Tips for a first date? (guys only..)

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Flowers are nice, but they'd die in the car while you are on your date

You don't take the flowers on the date. You take them to the door and she puts them in water before you go.

No flowers before a first date.
    I cannot figure out how you're single. It boggles the mind.

You two (DM and rml) are very different people.

I highly doubt rml is the type of woman DM would ever want to pursue.

Just agree to disagree.
    Good lord I hope not.

And I will not agree to disagree that sexually assaulting one's date is proper, as you both seem to think.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    *Never bought a girl flowers crew* checking in.

Seriously, I always thought bringing a woman flowers before a date comes off as desperate.

Hold the door, pay for drinks, look good, and bring protection.

And NEVER (I mean NEVER), buy a woman dinner before you sleep with her.

Why in hell would a woman give the time of day to a guy who demands sex before dinner? You are seriously twisted, dude. Either that, or you date underage teenagers who don't know any better. (<----Probably this!)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Flowers are nice, but they'd die in the car while you are on your date

You don't take the flowers on the date. You take them to the door and she puts them in water before you go.

No flowers before a first date.
    I cannot figure out how you're single. It boggles the mind.

You two (DM and rml) are very different people.

I highly doubt rml is the type of woman DM would ever want to pursue.

Just agree to disagree.

As if he would ever have a chance with her.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Seriously, I always thought bringing a woman flowers before a date comes off as desperate.

Mike and DMZ give GREAT advice if you want to stay single.

Aren't you that 37 year old lady that vaguely looks like Howard Stern? Why are you the master of dating in 2014 all of a sudden?

This is a high school kid.

If someone coming to pick me up would call me while I'm finishing brushing my teeth I would answer the phone and yell "I'm coming" and be all bothered when all they had to do was text me to say "here" and I know to head outside. Nobody cares about your "rules" quite frankly and you don't have hot guys fighting over being able to spend time with you like high school girls do.
  • rml_16
    Options

Aren't you that 37 year old lady that vaguely looks like Howard Stern? Why are you the master of dating in 2014 all of a sudden?

If someone coming to pick me up would call me while I'm finishing brushing my teeth I would answer the phone and yell "I'm coming" and be all bothered when all they had to do was text me to say "here" and I know to head outside. Nobody cares about your "rules" quite frankly and you don't have hot guys fighting over being able to spend time with you like high school girls do.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, I vaguely look like Howard Stern. I'm crying now.

Why don't you go play with your imaginary friends.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Honestly those two are the reason I left the single peeps group. Although I am no longer single I don't see that changing for either of them in any future, current or alternative.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    And NEVER (I mean NEVER), buy a woman dinner unless you want to sleep with her.

fixed that for you

When I was a dating girl I liked to be dated. If I was asked out on a date I expected that he was picking me up, opening doors for me (how else do you get the 360 view I just spent an hour or more perfecting), and paying the tab (that being said, if the date was going well I would suggest after dinner drinks and since that was my suggestion I would pick up that tab). If it was "dutch" it was no longer a date. If I was dating a guy he had a chance of getting lucky, if we weren't on a date he had no chance of getting lucky.
  • rml_16
    Options

Honestly those two are the reason I left the single peeps group. Although I am no longer single I don't see that changing for either of them in any future, current or alternative.
    I don't, either. But they're great Friday afternoon entertainment.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Why in hell would a woman give the time of day to a guy who demands sex before dinner? You are seriously twisted, dude. Either that, or you date underage teenagers who don't know any better. (<----Probably this!)

Well whatever it is they know (for better or worse) is what I like. I don't want to be with a jaded/entitled asset-*kitten* I want to be with a lighthearted, nubile, easily influenced pretty young thang who has a lust for life and everything is new and exciting and is easy to impress her.

Thats whats fun. You honestly dont have that kind of pull to be able to demand such thinks from anything other than the beta 2nd string white knights.

The reason you want all these flowers and showings of good will from guys is because you're not sexually attracted/threatened by them potentially seducing you anyway cuz they are mostly turds and the whole "romance" is based on the unromantic notion of them seeking your partnership/companionship like a close friend would, not a true lover.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    lol @ the if the girl is on top she cant get pregnant suggestion.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Thank you. You finally crossed enough of a line that I don't feel bad letting loose.

Listen pal. The act is both obvious and pathetic. You stink of so much insecurity that it comes through a computer screen. I doubt you've ever satisfied a woman in your lonely, insignificant life.

Nobody likes you. Your friends are desperate, pathetic, vacuous people like you. You're trying so hard and failing in spectacular fashion.

Go away. With every post you make yourself look even worse, which is saying quite a bit.

GoT_joffrey_approves.gif
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    First of all, try and stay relaxed.
    And most important (coming from and "older bro"). Treat her like you'd want your daughter to be treated.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    (They may be scared of you, but texting to say you have arrived is common and normal behavior).

Not for a first date. Ever.

Agreed. That is not cool for a first date at all.

or ever for any date with me.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

lol @ you for not realizing that post and this entire thread is joke. Congrats to Nutella for stepping up the trolling ITT and salvaging this once unfunny thread.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Well whatever it is they know (for better or worse) is what I like. I don't want to be with a jaded/entitled asset-*kitten* I want to be with a lighthearted, nubile, easily influenced pretty young thang who has a lust for life and everything is new and exciting and is easy to impress her.

Thats whats fun. You honestly dont have that kind of pull to be able to demand such thinks from anything other than the beta 2nd string white knights.

The reason you want all these flowers and showings of good will from guys is because you're not sexually attracted/threatened by them potentially seducing you anyway cuz they are mostly turds and the whole "romance" is based on the unromantic notion of them seeking your partnership/companionship like a close friend would, not a true lover.

That's a whole lot of words for "I can only get the stupid chicks."
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

That's a whole lot of words for "I can only get the stupid chicks."

and desperate . . . stupid and desperate chicks
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

It is true, gravity makes it impossible. You would know if you understood science.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    First of all, try and stay relaxed.
    And most important (coming from and "older bro"). Treat her like you'd want your daughter to be treated.

^^ THIS guy knows what's up.