Where my Runners At?

Options

Replies

• lilychep
    lilychep Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Never thought i would call myself a runner but i love it. I love the peace, meditation, love catching the sunrise by the lake on morning runs or the sunset on evening runs, watching the deer graze in peace, love how runners support each other. Training for a 15K in Feb and my first HM in March!!

Don't like running when its windy!!
    Be free to add me!!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    It’s just you & your environment & what a great feeling that is. On still days you feel a breeze, not one created by nature, but one created by you. You run faster & the breeze changes to wind, a storm a tempest. For a moment you are an amazing force.

I love doing what others say I can’t. I love crossing the finish line w/a goofy grin on my face. I love the snug feeling of compression gear. I love my running shoes. I love that overwhelming feeling that sometimes comes & you just want to cry from the overwhelming emotion that comes over you.

What I don’t like: unleashed dogs, PF.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Hi! Love running (wrote a blog post about it, too lazy to paraphrase here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ThickMcRunFast/view/i-don-t-care-if-you-don-t-run-616311)

I'm into distance! 5ks burn, but I'm training for my first trail ultra (Feb 1, eep) and then will be running Comrades in June!
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE race day. There is nothing like building up to the big day, waking up, getting ready, getting to the starting area and telling yourself "it's time to run". I don't like the "creaks and tweeks" my body gets while training.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love losing myself in thought when I run! I'm old, I'm slow but I still love to run!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I love the freedom of the movement, the feeling when you finish, seeing what is around the corner and going fast.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Getting trained up for my 27th marathon (still trying to figure out whether I like them or not).

Running is awesome!
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I love the pain! Whenever I am pushing the pace, I think to myself how great is to be alive and how lucky I am to be able to run! :smile:
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    A good run makes an otherwise mundane day become incredible!!!
  • spartyhawk
    Options
    I agree with everyone, its great way to relax and reflect on your day as well as think of your goals. Plus i have seen some great views on my runs and i mean its just a way to be out on your own just you and the road.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that switching from marathon training to half marathon requires me to say things like I'm ONLY running 90 minutes for a long run. It's a far stretch from the old me saying I HAVE to dreadfully run a mile!

I love the competition - with myself and others. Someone else mentioned big fish little pond syndrome. I LOVE running smaller races <1000 people as I know I have a good shot of placing either in my age or overall.

I love how I feel so good and bad after a speed workout.

I love dazing off into my own thoughts on long, easy runs.

i love that anyone can do it so any of my friends, if they wanted, could say "lets go for a run" and i'd be game

I love that it only requires a pair of shoes and some clothes - I guess you could run naked if you want to :)

I love how it helps me feel strong. It helps me feel like each step I take I am moving closer to a goal. Even if I dont know what the goal may be.

I love the feeling, especially after a half marathon, where you know you pushed yourself to the limit for 13.1 miles and you are so chock full of adrenaline you want to jump around but your legs feel like jello a four year old could outrun you.

I love the comradarie. I started running because my sisters and my mom did. Now it's something we can share together.
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Plus power walking just looks silly :)

Also, NEVER call us a "jogger"...

Get over yourself lady. Some people have medical problems so they have to walk rather than run. Some people prefer it. No one cares that you think they look silly. At least they're out there and not staying inside intimidated by an idiot.

I'm a runner, and I appreciate anyone who gets out there.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love the fresh air, clear thinking, creative ideas, the birds flying in a V over my head, the mountains snowy in the distance, the ice breaking on the reservoir---the freedom of moving on my own.
  • AlanByam
    Options
    I'm a wannabe runner! Training to join the military, building it up now.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love that I have a new love for running. I never would have thought I'd like it a year ago when I started this journey. Running on the treadmill is good, but nothing like being outside with nature and all of the lovely surroundings.

I absolutely hate going through sneakers all the time lol. its expensive!

Most importantly, I love the self confidence that I get when I am finished a race. I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in April in Atlantic City. It's my first 1/2. I can't wait for that day because its all about feeling proud :)
  • Jenn842512
    Jenn842512 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I even love it in the gym on the treadmill sometimes, the right song comes on, I hit a magic stride and people probably get highly annoyed with someone looking so happy bouncing along singing to herself :)
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of accomplishing a certain distance, seeing how much my pace improves with every race. I love the adrenaline feeling I get on race day.
    I love crossing that finish line and looking back and saying I did it.
    I love it because it is my therapy.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I even love it in the gym on the treadmill sometimes, the right song comes on, I hit a magic stride and people probably get highly annoyed with someone looking so happy bouncing along singing to herself :)

I never wear headphones outside, but if the weather drives me inside, I love some good music while I am running. And, yes, I occasionally sing out loud and wave my hands! lol!
  • runner_bear
    Options
    I like the shiny medals.. I collect them along with my race numbers (with date/event/location/finishing time written on the back). I'm going to make a scrap book of them all when I get chance.

I love running in general, but oddly I really love running in the rain. The cold/wind/dark I can do without, but the rain just makes me feel uber-awesome.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What I love about running.....
    *the emptiness my body feels after a long run
    *race day and the sense of accomplishment knowing that all the training has paid off, even if the goal is just to cross the finish line
    *planning routes
    *getting my "me time" during my runs
    *soreness after a run
    *salt streaks on my face
    *getting lost in my thoughts on a run....then suddenly I've ran another mile!

I LOVE RUNNING!!