Commenting on a persons weight loss.

Options

Replies

• turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Im just wondering why its so hard for certain people to take the time to congratulate someone on changes that they have made for the better. Does it just come down to the fact that some people just won't ever say nice things to certain people, no matter how many times other people do? To me the attitude these people give off is " No matter how many people notice your weight loss, and no matter how good they say you look, Im not gonna give you the satisfaction of hearing it from me."

I dont need anyones congratulations.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Are we really still having this conversation? LOL
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    this is so embarrassing to read. I didn't know people like this existed.

I am surprised someone would openly admit this as a hang up. :noway:

Not all people are going to like you. Some people can't stand you. You just have to set your ego aside, focus on the positive people, the ones who DO appreciate you, and overlook the rest. Pretty simple, really.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options

I am surprised someone would openly admit this as a hang up. :noway:

Not all people are going to like you. Some people can't stand you. You just have to set your ego aside, focus on the positive people, the ones who DO appreciate you, and overlook the rest. Pretty simple, really.

Exactly!
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

SO why do you continue to read this thread then?

Because I am waiting for the "Bazinga"...there just HAS to be one coming
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    You know the more I think about it, these people never have said a nice thing about anyone except maybe their husband or parents.

If that is true...why would you expect them to change just for you?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

Yes ^^ page 6 and still no Gifs?!
  • stephenryan758
    stephenryan758 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You know the more I think about it, these people never have said a nice thing about anyone except maybe their husband or parents.

I guess it just comes down to me not understanding how anyone could live their life so miserably and being such a you know what.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Yes ^^ page 6 and still no Gifs?!

This thread: AlrightinternethereisthePicarddoublefacepalmDoyourthing-93910.gif
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Bazinga_by_NaruHinaForever101.jpg
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    That's it. Next family get together I will make it my goal to relentlessly compliment everyone to ensure no butt hurts. It'll be so much love and compassion, it'll be creepy.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I guess it just comes down to me not understanding how anyone could live their life so miserably and being such a you know what.

Do you realize that you sound fairly miserable yourself?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options

Do you realize that you sound fairly miserable yourself?

Also sounds like a real you know what...
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've known them for a long time, they're apparently friends you keep in your life. Over time they've liked you when you were heavier and they like you now...they care about you.... they don't care how much you weigh. Seems like a genuine friend to me.
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments, but isn't it actually considered rude to comment on someone's weight, regardless? I'm talking Emily Post here...I mean, I guess someone could and should say a generic "you look fantastic", but I thought in terms of manners you aren't supposed to never comment on someone's weight?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

You want compliments from people that even YOU don't appear to respect? WHY on earth would their opinion matter if that's how you really feel? Their opinion is their business, not yours.

This is going to sound really awful, and I'm sorry, but it appears to me that maybe they don't want to congratulate you, because you're already self-centered enough.

I could be wrong, but this post really says, "The world revolves around me." You would be much happier if you worked on that with yourself, if that's the case.

Best of luck to you.
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Because of this..........

I was raised to always be happy for others if I notice them doing positive things. If I see a person make changes in their life for the better, I tell them about it and say Its really nice. I was raised to treat others the way you want to be treated.

The only reasonable explanation that people would not say anything who know you and know you are proud of your accomplishments , is childish behavior. Im not better than anyone else so why would they be jealous of my weight loss? What in the world?

Some people just can't ever be happy for anyone. That is true.

I think you are being somewhat unreasonable here. They might just not like you. That does happen sometimes. I wouldn't expect someone that I know doesn't like me to give me compliments. Isn't succeeding enough?
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

You want compliments from people that even YOU don't appear to respect? WHY on earth would their opinion matter if that's how you really feel? Their opinion is their business, not yours.

This is going to sound really awful, and I'm sorry, but it appears to me that maybe they don't want to congratulate you, because you're already self-centered enough.

I could be wrong, but this post really says, "The world revolves around me." You would be much happier if you worked on that with yourself, if that's the case.

Best of luck to you.

^^
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

WHO FREAKIN CARES???? Good grief man. Get a grip. Just about every single person in this thread has told you the same thing and you refuse to listen. It's their life to live as they choose. There is not one darn thing you can say to them to make them change so quit worrying about everyone else and whether or not they blow sunshine and rainbows and unicorn snot up your poop chute. Either (A) they didn't notice (B) they didn't care or (C) they don't like you. I know which one of those options I'm voting for.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

WHO FREAKIN CARES???? Good grief man. Get a grip. Just about every single person in this thread has told you the same thing and you refuse to listen. It's their life to live as they choose. There is not one darn thing you can say to them to make them change so quit worrying about everyone else and whether or not they blow sunshine and rainbows and unicorn snot up your poop chute. Either (A) they didn't notice (B) they didn't care or (C) they don't like you. I know which one of those options I'm voting for.

I "C" what you did there, lol