Options

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Fried foods for the most part.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    i haven't had to swear off of anything forever as long as i plan it into my day ahead of time.
    but i generally avoid:
    bleached flour
    high fructose corn syrup
    fast food of any kind
    soda
    WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHAS (or any sugary, fattening espresso drink) :sad:
    deep fried stuff (lightly fried in a bit of olive oil is fine)
  • srs71
    srs71 Posts: 6
    Options
    Sweets for the most part...Sometimes I cheat but I find myself just eating a portion of it, not the whole thing anymore. Just don't want to have to record the calories. Can't remember the last time I had a soda. Don't miss it anymore-not worth the extra calories for sure! Trying not to deprive myself of anything I really want, just making smarter choices and certainly cutting down on my portions.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Sweets! :(
  • dineshkr
    dineshkr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I guess more than giving up anything its me becoming conscious of "filling-factor vs calories" of different foods that has helped the most - further I feel that I don't have to give up on anything because I know how much it costs in terms of calories and can hence budget the quantity instead.

1498351.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • midmomike2
    Options
    Try to cut back on cheese and I have stop eating all the processed stuff I use to eat before. Whenever possible,I try to eat only fresh things (meats,vegs,fruits) and really cut back on canned and frozen stuff.
  • hmargo
    Options
    Ice coffees...
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    I gave up Starbucks, Mc Donalds and chinese food. D:
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much given up anything with flour or sugar. I find that works best for me. I do miss chocolate :( But it's more important for me to look cute in a bikini next summer than to binge on chocolate.
  • wattstar
    wattstar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Beer & Softdrink, however I will have the ocassional low carb beer. I don't think I will ever go back to drinking softdrink.
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Diet coke. McD's and BK. Chocolate bars (a variety of kinds and more than one a day!)
    My daily treat is normally a bagel for breakfast but a couple of people ahve mentioned them on here as a waste and have given them up so maybe that's the next think I'm going to cut out.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Soda, candy, cookies/cakes, any sugary food or foods made with white flour, fast food...basically anything that is junk! I am so much more aware of everything that goes into my mouth, never thought it about so much till I had to start tracking it!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Slim Jims and wine. Not necessary paired.*LOL* I love the saltiness of the Slim Jims and there's nothing like a glass of wine at the end of the day to unwind.

Shannon
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    eating junk food in the afternoon. know i try to snack on one item and drink lots of water instead!
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I have given up a food completely, but I definitely have limited myself to stay within my calories. If anything, I would agree w/OP about leaving cheese off of my sandwiches. I started by just putting a couple of teaspoons of shredded cheese to lower the calories, but when I ran out I noticed that I couldn't tell it wasn't on the sandwiches anymore, so I just continued to leave it off.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I drink my coffe black now. Soooooo much easier to not have to count it.

Charmagne
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I measure EVERYTHING that I eat. No processed flour and no sugar. (Most of the time:wink: )
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually given up anything. I still eat burgers, but they're homemade turkey burgers. I still love boneless wings, but I don't bread them or fry them like BW3's does. When I make sangria I use flavored sparkling water instead of fruit juice & sugar.
    I don't drink much soda anymore, more because I don't like the way it makes me feel (bloated & cranky) and I'm measuring my coffee creamer now but otherwise I'm just more conscious of what I'm stuffing into my face now :laugh:
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    The first thing I did was give up French fries. This was something the doctor suggested, something he had done - and he was slim and healthy looking, so I took his advice!

Next, I cut down the soda. All of us in the house did, so that was helpful, getting rid of the temptation. We drink Sprite now, if any soda, and I try to get Sprite or water when I'm out to eat.

I only eat a portion size of ice cream (except for last night >.<), which was hard at first, but now it's okay. I eat it slowly and savour it.

I've basically just tried to work on portion control. When I'm cooking for myself, I make what the box says, so I can know how many calories. And I've started eating breakfast every day. I think it really helps.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    We drink Sprite now, if any soda, and I try to get Sprite or water when I'm out to eat.

Have you tried diet sprite or diet sierra mist? They taste surprisingly good AND 0 calories. I know, I know, diet soda is ALSO terrible for you, but I still drink it.

Charmagne