Went way over my calorie count, feeling so guilty!

Options
cgal25
cgal25 Posts: 10 Member
Hey all,

I've been so good all week; following my plan, working out, drinking lots of water. But then Friday comes around, I was too exhausted and drained to cook so I had take out and then some chocolate and then 2 glasses of wine. Today I feel so guilty and think all of my hard work has been wiped away after one evening. I don't know what to do now - how can I cancel it out or help myself feel better?

Replies

• corsiva
    corsiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, we've all been there. All you can do is realize that you're human, and make tomorrow a better day.
  • lolaskates275
    lolaskates275 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too guilty, we have all done it! Just get back to your healthy eating tomorrow! And don't give up because of one "bad" day :)
    If this is a regular thing, think of planning out a meal for your busy fridays in advance.
    Good luck!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to kill you. If it makes you feel better, work out extra hard tomorrow and eat light. But don't worry, you'll be fine :flowerforyou:
  • littledsoon
    Options
    I just put a status kind of like this. It feels like it is getting harder and harder to stick to the plan. I want chocolate, ice cream, junk food. AAAAHHHHHHH!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, we've all been there. Try to take it in stride and know that this one bad day didn't undo all the good you did during the week. Make it a learning experience and do better tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • delsina363
    Options
    Try not to feel so guilty. I just started last Saturday. Mon - Wed I did really good, however, last night I was really bad. But today, I am back on track again. I just hope to have more good days then bad ones. I will not give up, nor should you. Have a great night, tomorrow is a new day, so wipe your slate clean and start again in the a.m.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Weight is not lost or gained on one days activity...it is an accumulation over a period of time.

So you made a bad choice to day...tomorrow just make a good choice.

It will balance each other in the end.
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    One day off your plan will not derail you, as long as you don't let it! I used to feel like that if I went over my calorie plan, but I just drink a lot of water, keep up with the exercise, and move on. Just keep swimming. :)
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I've been so good all week; following my plan, working out, drinking lots of water. But then Friday comes around, I was too exhausted and drained to cook so I had take out and then some chocolate and then 2 glasses of wine. Today I feel so guilty and think all of my hard work has been wiped away after one evening. I don't know what to do now - how can I cancel it out or help myself feel better?

Exercise.
  • Americannabis
    Options
    Hey all,

How much did you go over? Realize that you had one bad day and that it's okay, it definitely doesn't erase everything you've worked towards. Just get yourself back on the wagon in the morning. I've had plenty of days recently where I go over my goal, but other days when I meet it or am under it, and I never let it discourage me because I'm not gaining at least.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Log it. Drink plenty of water. Make better choices tomorrow. You probably didn't wipe out all your efforts.

Also, no need to feel guilty. That's not going to help the situation.

Just make tomorrow a better day.

I would encourage you to not seek solutions to cancel out over-eating. That's a dangerous mindset and promotes disordered eating.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been there. Don't beat yourself up. If you don't allow yourself a little bit of excess once in awhile you'll be more apt to binge anyway. I have also learned that sometimes it is not as bad as you think it is.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    One day won't make or break you.

Work out extra hard the next day & it all evens out in the end!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I like to look at my weekly totals if I slip up. It evens out most weeks and then I dont need to freak out!! You're good toots!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too guilty, we have all done it! Just get back to your healthy eating tomorrow! And don't give up because of one "bad" day :)
    If this is a regular thing, think of planning out a meal for your busy fridays in advance.
    Good luck!

Ditto!
  • sexylady46
    sexylady46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. We all have days when we over do it. Start fresh tomorrow!!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can just average it out over a weeks time. If you were 700 calories over, aim for 100 under everyday for a week. Fixed!
  • jerilynn529
    jerilynn529 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel ya ;-/

I've put a cushion in my calorie count to cover days like today when I need a chocolate fix and drink a couple swigs straight from the hershey syrup bottle......lol.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day to get it right!
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like to look at my weekly totals if I slip up. It evens out most weeks and then I dont need to freak out!! You're good toots!!!
    This! Weekly totals keep me sane when I do crazy things like eat 4 slices of Domino's, which I did tonight. Wooo, Friday night! :drinker: