What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    second breakfast

Somebody get this man a medal, lol
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'd be wondering more why you are getting light headed just a few short hours after last eating considering you are not as active. I don't eat for 40 hours & dont get that way, I can't understand why 4 hours between breakfast & your 'snack' is making you this way.

What kind of jacked up diet plan are you on? An extreme intermittent fasting program--Starvation??? :O
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I have a quest bar and either a piece of string cheese or a piece of fruit such as an apple. I don't eat lunch while I'm at work, so this small amount is enough to get my through my work day.

I try to eat half of my daily calories at breakfast on the days I work. This can range from 800-1,000 calories. The OP's breakfast would have me feeling quite hungry an hour or two into my work day.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    1 cup of almond milk
    1 cup of organic power greens(kale, spinach, chard)
    1 cup of kale stems
    1 cup of organic carrots
    1 TBSP of Chia seeds
    2 cups of broccoli
    1/2 cups of strawberries
    1 medium plum
    1/4 cup of italian parsley
    1/2 cup of ice cubes

And 1 VitaMix blender. 3 full cups of this high nutrient-density foods with only 1g of sat fat, but 17g of plant based protein for one low price of 385 calories.
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat a bigger breakfast, I can have a lighter snack to get me through to lunch. My favorite is an omelet made with two eggs, ham, mushrooms, spinach, etc. Or oatmeal and half a grapefruit or another fruit tends to be a good option to keep me full until lunch. For a snack, I go for protein (almonds, walnuts, and/or pumpkin seeds are a great option - in an appropriate serving size). Plus, drinking warm green tea and/or water and/or lemon water. Usually by lunch I will drink at least 24 to 48 oz of hot tea and water and/or lemon water (luckily, I can use the restroom whenever I need to - usually). .
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars!!!! LOL
  • siangiles5
    siangiles5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This week I have been eating 3 Brazil Nuts in the morning for a snack at work, and a banana in the afternoon, which is great because it gives you a quick boost of energy. I would either pick nuts or fruits.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 6 and then usually eat again about 11:15 (I'm a teacher and this is when our first break is!). Sometimes I eat my lunch then, depends how hungry I am (I'm also pregnant). If I have a snack I'll have something like some nuts/seeds/raisins, or an apple, or some rice cakes with low fat cream cheese, or my Graze snack (if I have one left). Lunch is usually soup or a salad. For breakfast I have either eggs or porridge.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My question is, what can you eat between breakfast and lunch that is more than a snack, but not unhealthy? I was thinking oatmeal? Anyone else have this issue of waking up early, and getting super hungry before lunch time? What do you do?

I generally have:

Breakfast at 0530 - porridge or cereal and a piece of fruit.
    Snack at 1000-1030 of a couple of pieces of fruit, dried fruit, nuts or a granola bar
    Lunch about 1200-1230 - Sandwich, salad, soup something like that
    Snack again about 1600-1630 - Fruit, dried fruit, nuts again
    Generally run at around 1900 so I have a post run recovery shake about 2000-2030
    Dinner around 2100

I net about 1900 calories per day, as I'm trying to take a couple of lbs off at the moment.
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of tea during the day which makes me feel full and keeps me from snacking.
    I also sometimes snack on carrot sticks.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'd be wondering more why you are getting light headed just a few short hours after last eating considering you are not as active. I don't eat for 40 hours & dont get that way, I can't understand why 4 hours between breakfast & your 'snack' is making you this way.

What kind of jacked up diet plan are you on? An extreme intermittent fasting program--Starvation??? :O

Yeah it's called fasting, 3 times a week & means I can maintain while actually eating food rather than having to count every damn day.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    NUTS!

Brazil nuts or almonds, just a handful pack a lot of mono fats and protein. They are very filling but light too, so you won't overeat before lunch. they're easy to store and you can keep them in your desk drawer.

Be careful though, weigh them out and mfp log them as they pack a powerful calorie punch.
  • msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Maybe try changing your breakfast, I find some foods just dont satisfy me till lunch. Maybe porridge or fruit and fibre. What kind of bread are you using for your toast? Maybe just try one slice of granary or a seeded loaf. Xxxx
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    fruit or veggies
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I usually have either almonds or pistachios and a Fiber One bar for morning snack when at work. On the weekends I usually don't snack between breakfast and lunch. I drink plenty of water all day as well.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I find yogurts, bananas or cereal bars really satisfying between meals
  • angelus8756
    Options
    I have fruit for brekkie and a juice plus shake to drink between i fins it keeps me from feeling hungry and givea me an energy boost!!! Tastea great too ????
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    For me really depends on the day, usually i end up having a pretty good breakfast at 10 that lasts me til around 3/4 ...(breakfast usually eggs or oatmeal) other days i would have a smaller breakfast such as some greek yoghurt and fruit, i find days i have a more sustainable breakfast i'm usually not hungry til dinner so I guess lunch would consist of a snack in the between hours...usually i'd get my fruit in here, have an apple/orange or some almonds and walnuts.

Guess like most people have said on here fruit and/or nuts are good to snack on, nuts usually keep you satisfied until dinner because of the fat content but as someone mentioned above be mindful of the calories, I still log in maintenance so this helps me. :)
    also i found particularly during the summer months if i was in college i'd bring prepared meals...with salad to snack of for lunch such as hard-boiled eggs cut up and spinach and nuts and just a selection of healthy goodies, can be really easy to prepare and throw into a container, try a few things and see what works for you! :)