Friends in their 40's

Options

Replies

• moltmann1
    moltmann1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I'm 43 and just starting to focus on the weight. Anything to keep me going on this long road will be fantastic!
  • liv2full
    liv2full Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 46 and am struggling with weight for the first time in my life. Aging is such a pain in the ever-expanding butt!
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    43 and 1/3 the way to my goal.

Anyone can add me! :)
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too! I will be turning 49 next month and while I only want to lose 12lbs they just do not want to leave! Geesh. I was down near my goal weight right before the holidays. I gained a few pounds and boy it just seems they want to hang on.
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im 47 and down 76lbs so far since Nov 2012.Please add me
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and taking another shot at getting in shape. Feel free to add me.

Also check out this group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18961-40-is-the-new-20
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not alone! Add me if you like
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'll be 46 in 9 days. Always looking for friends in my age bracket :)
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, and honestly? I am finding it easier to lose in my 40s than at any time before in my life. What little my metabolism may have slowed down is vastly outweighed by the fact that I'm no longer a bloomin' IDIOT like I was when I was in my 20s. (No offense intended to anyone who's in their 20s and not a bloomin' idiot.) I'm wiser, I make better choices, I have more healthy coping mechanisms, and believe it or not, I finally figured out that every time I tell my children that they don't have to eat all of the cookies when one will suffice, hey! That applies to me too!! Who knew?! ;) Add me if you want.
  • cdobbs66
    Options
    48 here, so feel free to add me!
  • texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I’m recently 42 in also in for anyone to be friends with. I've been here since August 2013 and it has helped me get in better shape, loose a few, and especially in improving my fitness scores to well above passing in the Army National Guard with Army physical fitness standards. Although I do read a lot of interesting fitness ideas, my main focus has been on my core fitness principals of calisthenics. I’m always open to new ways of training
  • angash1966
    angash1966 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Angela and i just turned 48 this month. I have been using MFP since May 2013 in the begining I was 210 and eating only 1200 calories a day working out with wii and walking. I lost 30lbs in 3months. I stop losing and asked for help and someone told me to eat more. Then the holidays came so i ate more and gained 7lbs and now i am back on MPF and trying to lose more. My goal was and is to weigh 150 that is a total of 60 lbs. to lose in all. I have about 35 lbs. to go to reach my goal. I find it much harder to get remotivated than when i first started.Anyone have any suggestions.
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    I am 46 and have 50lbs to lose. Feel free to add me:)
  • Billswife2011
    Options
    I, too, need and crave friends on this lifelong journey.
  • nenaschei
    nenaschei Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Very true!
  • harvestlover
    harvestlover Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I get so bored logging my food, any suggestions?:smile:
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Not in Bloomington but freezing my butt off with you here in Wisconsin! Add me if you'd like. I'm committed and would love the competition. I started yesterday.

I'm freezing in WI too
    Me too! I'm 46 and tried for the first time ever to lose weight last year. I dropped all but 9 and then went back to my old lifestyle and gained it all back plus ten. Please add me. Would love to have some ppl in my age group as friiends.
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi;) feel free to add me. I just turned 46.
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 45 and have lost 51 pounds so far with 20 to go. I'll send you a friend request. We can do this! :)
  • sniffy611
    sniffy611 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party - but here I am!

I am finding losing anything is so hard now in my 40s! I came off of zoloft in August because of weight gain, and I can't get the weight off now. I have never ever been any weight other than 135 for decades, and then when I went on zoloft, I gained 25 pounds.

If anyone has any tips for losing weight after an Rx, I'm all ears!

good to see this group