Just when I thought I was a failure at Insanity!

Options
13»

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Great job. I haven't done insanity yet but it's on my to do list
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well done

I have only done 2 workouts on insanity both times I was shattered after just doing the warm up lol.

One day I will try again.
  • MysticTrev
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Im right there with ya. I started Insanity 2 weeks ago to the day and I am still feeling like how do these people do it? BUT like you, every day I see and feel myself getting stronger and going longer. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK......DIG DEEPER!!!
  • izzie_loves_2_run
    Options
    you go!!!!! i have not tried insanity, i do p90x every once in a while when my workouts need a little change up and i have to drag myself through a workout
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Of the workouts, what is everyone's favorite?
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    you go!!!!! i have not tried insanity, i do p90x every once in a while when my workouts need a little change up and i have to drag myself through a workout

This sounds like me. I like the upper body strength training workouts (chest and back, shoulders and arms) and also plyometrics but the other ones I am not too fond of.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options

My profile pic is me after Insanity - there was a huge improvement, but it all happened in the 2nd month!

Thank you for the 2nd-month-is-where-magic-happens assurance!! I just started my month2 yesterday! max cardio circuit: i was soo scared, but ended up staying at it & burned 609calories.
    If you please don't mind sharing, how was your progress month 1 vs. month 2.
    I'm little disappointed, I've lost only 3-5lbs in month1. I did not measure my inchs, but I might have lost few. Nothing significant.

I actually put a couple of lb on the 1st month. I was disappointed as, although I wasn't looking to lose weight I also didn't want to put it on! There was no change in measurements either. It all happened the second month. I lost 2 inches on my waist and 1 inch on my hips. I gained 1lb overall. This time I'll eat fewer calories as I have Christmas lbs still to lose!

This was my before and after side view;

Slide1_zpsbf7d7d82.jpg
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Fantastic stories and results!

I woke up and my back was a little sore from the push-ups, but I'm beyond the point of my legs being sore. They get weak during the workout and for about 3-4 hours afterwards. Maybe it's what I'm eating afterwards that's helping, not sure.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Insanity is no joke!
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep at it and you'll keep getting better! :flowerforyou:
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Very motivating! Great job!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Just when I thought I was a failure at Insanity, I did something I never thought I would do.

I'm almost through Week 3, I've got one day left. I've always had to take extended breaks, pause the DVD etc....I was reading a lot of stories about where people were at, and how it seemed fairly easy sometimes, and I was beginning to think I was just a failure at this program, or just not ready.

Well today, during Power Cardio and Resistance, I did something I never thought I would do. I took 5-10 seconds when I really needed, just like those in the video, and didn't pause the DVD once. I may not have gone as fast as those crazy *kitten* people, but I did every exercise, pushed way more than I was able to do in the past....and just KILLED this workout!!

Here I thought I was getting burnt out on it....I can't wait for the rest day though!! LOL

Awesome work.

Dls4Q9b.gif
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

Of course about 4 days after I post this, I pull an abdominal muscle and am fighting to make it to the recovery week! If I can make it there, hopefully it'll heal okay and I'll be good for the 2nd month!
  • staceycurtis333
    Options
    I managed the warm up. It's crazy!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Yeah, even the warm up is no joke. When he says were going to warm up until your dripping...he means it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!