Does anyone REALLY need to see me?

Options
So my profile photo is a flower (I took the photo). Should I have a headshot or selfie instead? Does anyone care what my face or body looks like? Not that I'm shy, just wondering.

Replies

• mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also don't have a photo of myself, it's your choice and whatever you feel comfortable with.:happy:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I don't care (in the nicest possible way). Have what you want to have. Real pictures of people make it more personal, but a lot of people would rather not have photos on themselves on forums for privacy reasons.
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For me its more of a privacy/safety thing why I don't post photos of myself. personal preference ! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm certainly a sword wielding tiger, so my avy is totally a selfie...
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Personally, it doesn't matter to me at all. I don't do pictures of myself.
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My picture was a balloon until I lost some weight. I just didn't like pictures of my face until I slimmed down a little. It's totally up to you.
  • tomuchtoloss
    tomuchtoloss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have not posted a pic of my self either. I think that support comes from al different walks of life. For me I'm looking for words of support. I think that whe nyour ready to show your self you will as will the rest of us
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I hate face pics of me , Thats why I am just showing legs lol
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Its all about you and what your comfort level is. I have friends that don't even have a pretty flower or a clever saying on their pic. Last I knew, it was all about support and motivation :-)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Its all about you and what your comfort level is. I have friends that don't even have a pretty flower or a clever saying on their pic. Last I knew, it was all about support and motivation :-)

:flowerforyou:
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I occasionally put up a pic if it's a theme say or I have a new outfit I'm excited to share with my FL but other than that I use stock photos. Not important what someone looks like; what's important is the support we offer each other.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Mine is of my belly currently to make myself face that I shouldn't let one body part run my life.

I have used mostly photos from races that I have ran of myself. It's up to you, either way doesn't matter to me.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I used a picture of myself from 3 years ago, when I (IMHO) looked good and felt good. Every time I see it, it reminds me of why I am doing this.

But I don't think anyone cares how you choose to represent yourself. This isn't match.com :)
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I occasionally put up a pic if it's a theme say or I have a new outfit I'm excited to share with my FL but other than that I use stock photos. Not important what someone looks like; what's important is the support we offer each other.

Absolutely love your ticker photo!!!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    As others have said, depends how comfortable you feel about it

One plus, depending on your local area & choice of MFP friends is you or they may spot you and say hello

I have had this happen, as have some others, but it does really depend on where you live I guess

You will see I currently do not have a pic up
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    your page....not anyone else. Don't see it important anyone see you to succeed on this site
  • pinklinz1977
    Options
    Not sure it really matter to me tbh... i am me, take me or leave me lol :tongue:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:

This. I picked the nesting dolls because I really did not want to show my face yet :blushing:
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    Whatever keeps you logging in, tracking, and working at it.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I don't suppose it really matters and it is certainly your choice but I find I feel closer to friends who have pics of themselves and/or families and we tend to chat more than I do with friends who don't have a pic of themselves.