No substantial weight loss!

Options
2»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Unless you're an Olympic athlete or you train for a living I have no idea why you are treating your body the way you are. It makes no sense eating so little on days you don't workout and working out for three hours to burn "what you need to burn" sounds insane. If I may be honest it sounds like you have an eating disorder. While you are eating you are also trying to burn it all off, which is a form of anorexia. Forgive me if I am out of line saying that but this behavior is concerning.

OP has stated that she has not lost any weight. So I seriously doubt she is in danger of being anorexic. It is far more likely that she is eating more than she thinks.

Wouldn't you agree?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Sorry to break it to you, but there's no way you've put on any muscle with so few calories.

Well clearly not!

It's not physically possible to put on muscle under the conditions you've described. Either
    1) You didn't put on muscle, or
    2) You have actually been consuming a lot more calories than you think

#2 is a real possibility you should consider if you haven't been measuring every bite that goes in your mouth. It would also explain your weight stall.
    Add in that she actually has the energy to run a half marathon and exercise for 3 hours a day and I'm going to go with #2.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Is that supposed to be helpful? If so, thanks so much! There really is no need to ridicule

I think it's supposed to point out how absurd this post is, just in case you missed it -- which you seems to be missing it/. You cannot build muscle on 900 calories a day. Your body is barely able (if able) to do basic bodily functions with that amount. How you are running half marathons is a head scratcher unless...

You are eating way more than you think you are, you aren't burning nearly the calories you think you are.

Or you actually are slowly starving your body of the nutrients it needs to properly function. You might not see a loss right now -- but you will soon. But it's not just going to be the fat that goes, but also your lean body mass, your hair, your nails. You won't be running either.

What you are writing here is just straight up non-sense.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Unless you're an Olympic athlete or you train for a living I have no idea why you are treating your body the way you are. It makes no sense eating so little on days you don't workout and working out for three hours to burn "what you need to burn" sounds insane. If I may be honest it sounds like you have an eating disorder. While you are eating you are also trying to burn it all off, which is a form of anorexia. Forgive me if I am out of line saying that but this behavior is concerning.

OP has stated that she has not lost any weight. So I seriously doubt she is in danger of being anorexic. It is far more likely that she is eating more than she thinks.

Wouldn't you agree?

No, I would not agree. I am recovering from an ED and several of the girls I attended rehab with suffered from exercise bulimia (I said anorexia but it's bulimia.). Instead of purging they would exercise whatever they consuming. Many bulimics don't lose weight because rarely can you purge everything you eat and you also can't burn off everything you eat. So yes, regardless of how much she is eating if she is truly working out that much it could be signs of an ED. Of course it is just my opinion based on my experience.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Running buff

If you can see through all the sarcasm and face palms, you may see that we are all concerned that you are at risk of seriously damaging your health, and your fitness certainly won't be going anywhere.

I made mistakes going just 500 below what I needed after exercise. It's taken me countless months and effort to build my muscle and health back.

You should be working out your total daily energy expenditure and subtracting no more than about 15% off.

I do it a slightly different way where I have a maintenance number 1750 cals (TDEE minus exercise) and I work out my exact burns.

My training suffers greatly and I get injured if I go more than 2/300 under that. I don't do fast cardio on a deficit anymore. It ate my lean body mass. Who knows what's included in that, heart, bone calcium, etc.

To lose fat, do it slowly, especially if you're training.

Ps those scale monitors are absolutely useless. They don't reflect the truth. At all.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    So I have been dieting and exercising rigidly for a few weeks now, doing at least 3 hours worth of exercise per day, whether it be at the gym, horse riding or running- resulting in my calorie intake being approx 900 calories 4 days a week, and under 1200 everyday. I have put on a lot of muscle (I'm 37.5% muscle at the moment) but do not appear to have lost weight at all!

I currently weigh 61.8kg, at 164cm, Female, but it simply isn't coming off as I would like! My aim is to be 56kg.

Does anybody have any tips, like types of food I can eat, or exercises?

2chp8j8.gif

Is that supposed to be helpful? If so, thanks so much! There really is no need to ridicule

Maybe this will be more helpful - do your research. Gain some knowledge. Then you will succeed.
  • debbied3494
    debbied3494 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is trying to conserve its energy (going into startvation mode) with all the exercise and little intake.... Just a thought!:smile:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is trying to conserve its energy (going into startvation mode) with all the exercise and little intake.... Just a thought!:smile:

Nope. That doesn't exist.

It's either

Special Snowflakitis

Bad maths

Massive water retention from muscle trauma.

A waste of time.

Probably a little of all three. We've all been here, it's part of learning, making mistakes!
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    HI running buff
    see you are already at a healthy weight ( depends on what your real muscle and fat are)
    but why are in you such a hurry to lose weight.
    it will damage your health
    even if you dont want to look into strenght training it is fine --although highly recommended
    do cardio ( a bit higher intensity then moderate level) eat at a deficit and dont be harsh
    within weeks you will be there
    check for medical conditions aswell.
    be patient
    weight loss takes time.

Gaining muscle is very different area of fitness and needs even more effort-- if you are interested in that well then learn about it first.