THE answers to THE questions

Options

Replies

• searls717
    searls717 Posts: 46
    Options
    This answers a LOT of questions. :noway: I have been trying to just eat my allowed calories a day and trying not to eat my exercise calories, thinking I would lose the weight quicker. I guess I will be eating more daily than I have been. Thanks for the great info! :happy:
  • MaggieMay1955
    Options
    I've read this information before in my quest to lose weight. I am starting to believe it must be true, because in the week I've been a member on MFP, it has told me 6 times I could be putting myself in starvation mode. I don't eat my exercise calories, I can't imagine eating more. But I'm going to try, and see if this advice is really true.

Maybe this has been my problem for the past year??????????? ARRRGH.:grumble:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Go for it! :smile:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    eat those calories, your body needs fuel...
  • MaggieMay1955
    Options
    Here is a question for all to ponder:

After I get out of work, I go to the YMCA to work out. I then have a 40 minute drive home. By the time I get home, it is 6:30 or later. I usually am in no mood to prepare dinner at that exact moment, so I'll sit, have a glass of ice water, re-hash the days events with my hubby, then finally get to fixing something to eat. I generally never eat dinner until at least 7:30, sometimes, with it being summer, it is later.

I know this is wrong, but I haven't come up with any fixes to this problem. Any suggestions from the members?
  • hoysal
    hoysal Posts: 28
    Options
    Here is a question for all to ponder:

After I get out of work, I go to the YMCA to work out. I then have a 40 minute drive home. By the time I get home, it is 6:30 or later. I usually am in no mood to prepare dinner at that exact moment, so I'll sit, have a glass of ice water, re-hash the days events with my hubby, then finally get to fixing something to eat. I generally never eat dinner until at least 7:30, sometimes, with it being summer, it is later.

I know this is wrong, but I haven't come up with any fixes to this problem. Any suggestions from the members?

I have a similar routine but I always plan out my dinners for the week over the weekend coz I really wanna avoid microwave dinner and eating out.. Whats been working for me is grub like sopus, stews, casseroles and the like which freeze very well. I make 2 - 3 varieties of these to suffice for dinners through the week and freeze them in portion-size containers. When I am back from work and all relaxed, I just have to defrost them - I eat them with bread or salad. I sometimes even make salad dressings at home which refrigetate well upto 10 days and always stock my fridge with prepped veggies like beans, carrots, mixed greens, sprouts, croutons, herbed potatoes - therez a lot to pick from if you look closely in the supermarket ailes!

Needless to say they are healthy, wholesome and above all you save your cooking time - so you can have your dinner atleast half and hour earlier!

:flowerforyou:

70568.png
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Bump goes the greatest posts ever for all you newbies!!
  • MaggieMay1955
    Options
    Thank you. I already know how to do this... I love to cook and prepare ahead for the week, but lately, I've fallen out of the routine. Thanks for bumping me back on course with this suggestion.

:flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks for this. I am a new member here (6 days) and was very surprised when I burned 700 calories and had to eat them back. It was a struggle and I didn't eat ALL. Your posting gives me some hope. Can you tell me if I have to manually track my weight or does the computer do it for me?

83108.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    bump and kudos :drinker:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    bump
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member