What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• amywagnercannon
    Options
    You can eat some almonds, or a protein bar?!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Usually a Greek Yogurt or apple/orange/banana.

I eat all the above for my 'snack' between breakfast and lunch! :happy:
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anybody mentioned this yet, but if you can, plan 5 small meals that incorporates protein, fat and carbs. I know not everybody can take the time to eat 5 times in a day, but eating roughly every 3 hours keeps you feeling full. This is what I do and works for me, but some people can function on just one meal a day. I prefer 5 small meals. Snacking doesn't cut it for me.
    Best of luck and hope you find something that works for you.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My lunch comes so soon after breakfast that there is no need for me to eat anything. Then comes that long wait for dinner, but my two most important meals - breakfast and lunch - keep me strong till dinner cause they are the bulk of my calories.
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    a piece of fruit or peanut butter and jelly graham crackers is my favorite:tongue:
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    instead of plain water I make a big pitcher of decaf black and green tea sweetened with a little stevia & lemon juice
    - i always try to drink this when I start feeling hunger pangs because often i'm thirsty and not really hungry

if I need a between meal snack its one of these;
    -ff greek yogurt with frozen blueberries
    -I carry a little tube of roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds in my purse (i'm allergic to nuts but you could try a variety of nuts/seeds for those who are not.. keep to unsalted wherever possible)
    and i'll toss back a mouthful of those - the protein from just a mere mouthful can tide me over for quite a long time
    -a mandarin or cutie orange
    -a light string cheese stick
    -a bag of chopped red/yellow/orange peppers tucked away in the fridge at work
    -half an apple - pectin is actually a natural appetite suppressant
    -half an organic multigrain fig bar (from costco), again just a little goes a long way
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just have some Nancy's plain yogurt with a small bit of jam mixed in. Maybe a banana too, if I'm really hungry. You'd be amazed how "filling" some yogurt actually is, and it's good for the micro-organisms in your gut.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a turkey and cheese sandwich--more substantial than a snack but not enough for lunch.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1. Broccoli and Cauliflower and Celery as a snack.
    2. On light breakfast days - a Quest bar.
    3. Sometimes - 100 calorie bag of popcorn.
  • Cadaverous_Bones
    Options
    something with protein would probably be good maybe tuna on crackers, avocado with salt and pepper, and you can keep nuts at your desk/in your car to snack on if you feel light headed.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    1 cup of almond milk
    1 cup of organic power greens(kale, spinach, chard)
    1 cup of kale stems
    1 cup of organic carrots
    1 TBSP of Chia seeds
    2 cups of broccoli
    1/2 cups of strawberries
    1 medium plum
    1/4 cup of italian parsley
    1/2 cup of ice cubes

And 1 VitaMix blender. 3 full cups of this high nutrient-density foods with only 1g of sat fat, but 17g of plant based protein for one low price of 385 calories.

strawberries and brocoli...?
    Well tastes can differ cos I sure don't want ot eat that!
  • Laura3BB
    Options
    I also gethungry around 11 at work.
    I usually have cottage cheese, fruit, sometimes beef jerky, nuts.
  • Laura3BB
    Options
    I just have some Nancy's plain yogurt with a small bit of jam mixed in. Maybe a banana too, if I'm really hungry. You'd be amazed how "filling" some yogurt actually is, and it's good for the micro-organisms in your gut.

Agree.
    I forgot to put I also often have yogurt.
  • tushq
    tushq Posts: 3
    Options
    Carrots and sprouts are the best thing for me, and among sprouts moong beans are the best
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt & chia seeds
    Protein smoothie
    Apple & nut butter
    Oatmeal
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I do not normally eat in between breakfast and lunch. My schedule is so hectic and varies greatly, I do not have a normal meal schedule. It literally changes from day to day. Sometimes I get light headed at work as well. Yesterday I worked out for 90 minutes ( intense ) and then I had to go to work for 6 hours in the evening. I felt very dizzy even after I had my "lunch" break ( dinner time for me ).
  • angelus8756
    Options
    Sounds like u wud benefit from juice plus! I have loads more energy now, even if i have a late nite when ive got work, also their shakes are a great pre/post workout ???? add me if u want any more info
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    chicken mixed with a flavored cream cheese; or chopped up fruit; or oatmeal. you can literally eat almost whatever your little heart desires to eat between b'fast and lunch. or any time of day, for that matter.
  • fitnesspro111
    Options
    You can take a bowl of fruits or banana shake.... It will keep you stomach full till lunch time.