Is my heart rate monitor wrong?

Options
13»

Replies

• bsolada
    bsolada Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am the OP and still having this problem with my Sportline Duo 1060. When I enter exercise calories on MFP it will tell me my burn should have been for instance about 500 calories, then my watch says something like 281 calories. Also working out with friend I burn so few calories it makes me not even want to do it, maybe it's time for a Polar? I hate to buy one then find out the calories are the same and it's just me.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Need details. What exercise, exactly, are you doing? For how long/far?

By the way, 300 calories is a significant burn. It is what a 150 pound person would burn running a full 5km/3 miles.
  • bsolada
    bsolada Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    FYI I did end up getting a new HRM last week. I got the Polar F4 (it's PINK!) and I really think this is more accurate. If anyone else is having this problem check into getting a new HRM. For instance, yesterday I did 35 mintues of ChaLEAN Extreme, I did a cardio video. Per my Polar HRM I burned 384 cals. I looked back on a prevoius 35 minute ChaLEAN Extreme workout and burned 180 calories total.

I now realize I was burning the same amount of calories but eating a fraction of them back. I think that has to do with me getting hungry and eating junk, now that I have a bettter read on cals burned there is more I can eat back. If you are having HRM problems I would look into getting a new one, I am so glad I did.