my dietician told me

Options

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What school did she go to? I won't recommend that one to anyone.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you have a problem with yeast in your body that can cause fruits and sugars to essentially ferment in your body creating toxins.

There is no human medical condition that will allow a person to consume grapes and produce wine in their stomach.
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am not trolling. I dont know if he has or not. he told me no fruit no milk no yogurt no cheese.... only egg whites... im not joking but i feel its a scam
    Follow your gut. It's a scam. Eat fruit everyday, especially to soothe your sweet tooth.
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you have a problem with yeast in your body that can cause fruits and sugars to essentially ferment in your body creating toxins.

There is no human medical condition that will allow a person to consume grapes and produce wine in their stomach.

Lmfao
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Stop it you guys. it's "dietitian," not "dietician."
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    if i want to lose weight i dont eat fruit.... as it ferments in stomach which doesnt let the body to lose weight. is it truE?

NO. Fermentation takes several days--if the fruit is moving so slowly through the digestive canal, that it ferments along the way, that person would have a problem that was much larger than what he/she was eating. Having said that, there could be issues with fruit if you have a problem with fructose. However, the amount of fructose in fruit compared to something like a bottle of soda pop is tiny anyway.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    if i want to lose weight i dont eat fruit.... as it ferments in stomach which doesnt let the body to lose weight. is it truE?
    No. I'd dump the dietician. You can eat anything you want as long as you eat at a deficit.
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lol some of you are mean.
    I agree! Somebody comes on the forums looking for advice and suddenly they're "trolling" :noway:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'd ask to see the dietitians qualifications and registration
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I wish I could pee red wine…i would be the life of the party then….
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/beer-belly-man-becomes-drunk-when-stomach-turns-into-brewery/
    http://file.scirp.org/Html/1-2100535_33912.htm - medical journal review of the case.

High yeast has been proven to make someone have a brewery in their gut, but it is VERY rare and shouldn't be a reason to stay away from fruit.

The dietician who tells you to stay away from fruit needs to be avoided as well.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your so called dietician went to either the University of You Tube or Google University and cherry picked his or her data.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Fruit is actually very good for you and contains healthy fibre that pushes stuff through your system.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Have to admit... not gone thru all the answers, but my first (knee jerk) reaction is that the OP miss-heard/miss-interpreted her dietition... happens all the time <sigh>
  • jennyxoheff
    Options
    That was my initial reaction as well.
    Have to admit... not gone thru all the answers, but my first (knee jerk) reaction is that the OP miss-heard/miss-interpreted her dietition... happens all the time <sigh>
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

Is this person a registered dietitian? Do they have credentials of any kind? This sounds questionable to me.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    No dietitian would ever say that. I suspect a "nutritionist."
  • nmanly2014
    nmanly2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the paleo diet. You are also supposed to avoid beans, legumes, carrots (because they are sweet), and anything white.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    he told me no fruit no milk no yogurt no cheese.... only egg whites... im not joking but i feel its a scam

I think you're right.

Btw, if the fruit sugar was fermenting in your stomach, you'd be getting awfully drunk off of the process.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the paleo diet. You are also supposed to avoid beans, legumes, carrots (because they are sweet), and anything white.

Paleo is racist.