my dietician told me

Options

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Fermentation means rotting. Things cannot rot in your stomach. Well, they can, just not when you're alive. So I guess if you're planning on dying and not being found for a while, and fruit rotting in your stomach is a concern, then I would skip the fruit. Otherwise, eat fruit.

That your dietician thinks food can rot in your stomach is REALLY concerning. Is she really a dietician or is she a "dietician" in a gym? I bet she also tells you junk like how calories at night make you fat but calories in the day don't. Replace her!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if it's true then someone had better call the zoo and warn all the other primates not to eat fruit either.....
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Well, I have lost a few pounds, and have been eating fruit from the very beginning. Two servings every day, sometimes three.

You may want to ask your dietician about this again. Maybe you misunderstood? Otherwise, find someone else to guide you.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your dietician is into the "food combining" school. They have lots of rules about what should and shouldn't be eaten for health effects and meal preparation. However, certain diets (like some paleo versions) do suggest dropping fruit for quicker weight loss.

I was just about to say this. It may be a food combo plan that your dietician is attempting. I did one many, many years ago where I did not mix my breads/potatoes with my meats in the same meal. A 'new' study had shown that the enzymes that break down bread/grains counteract the enzymes that break down protein and cancel each other out. It worked for me, I lost 20 lbs. Unfortunately, when I tried again many years later, it did not work. Perhaps ask your dietician for evidence/studies showing the effectiveness of this plan or where s/he got their info so you can research it yourself.

Yes. This was a big deal many years ago. My mom made everyone eat this way for awhile swearing that it would improve our health and help us lose weight. All I remember was losing my mind because it made it very difficult to plan meals and eat with any sense of normalcy. I also never bought into the whole fermenting thing. As long as your fruit fits into your macros and you have no legitimate health reason to not eat them I say eat and enjoy!!
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    Well I didnt misheard him r anything i have a paper which says no fruit, no milk ( just powdered skimmed milk ), no cheese...

I have to eat every 3 hours: 1 protein, 1 carb and unlimited veggies.

list of proteins: 3 eggs whites, or 130g chicken / fish, or 110 g beef / pork, small can of tuna

list of carbs: 40 g pasta , 45g basmati rice 3 rice cakes, 120 g potato, 1 small wrap, 1 slice tpasted bead.

Have to choose 1 protein and 1 carb
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well I didnt misheard him r anything i have a paper which says no fruit, no milk ( just powdered skimmed milk ), no cheese...

list of proteins: 3 eggs whites, or 130g chicken / fish, or 110 g beef / pork, small can of tuna

list of carbs: 40 g pasta , 45g basmati rice 3 rice cakes, 120 g potato, 1 small wrap, 1 slice tpasted bead.

Well!!!...my first reaction to looking at this list is think "crikey!! poor you"...then I had another look and thought "ok, there is the makings of some fine meals"... honey, you just need a bit of knowledge when it comes to cooking and a tincey amount of imagination, both of which you should easily find either thru recipe books or recipe sites on line. Good luck :-)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

This person you saw is either guilty of ridiculous malpractice or isn't a dietitian.

What is this persons actual title?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Well!!!...my first reaction to looking at this list is think "crikey!! poor you"...then I had another look and thought "ok, there is the makings of some fine meals"... honey, you just need a bit of knowledge when it comes to cooking and a tincey amount of imagination, both of which you should easily find either thru recipe books or recipe sites on line. Good luck :-)

I disagree with this, unless the reason for the strictness of the diet is a medical need to lose weight as quickly as possible. Other than fat found in the meats, there aren't any fats listed, besides the lack of fruit problem.
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    no title... some people lost weight with it... but i totaly feel miserable
  • chatogal
    Options

I disagree with this, unless the reason for the strictness of the diet is a medical need to lose weight as quickly as possible. Other than fat found in the meats, there aren't any fats listed, besides the lack of fruit problem.

you are right!!!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    no title... some people lost weight with it... but i totaly feel miserable

I mean the persons title. Is he an RD? Does the sign on the door say dietitian, or nutritionist, or something else?
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the reasoning is behind powdered skim milk (heinous) being allowed, but no other dairy.
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    nothing on his door.no qualifications in the room either
  • chatogal
    Options

so why did you go to him??
  • alexanderzamani
    alexanderzamani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    nope, not that I know of.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Exactly. I knew it.

Dietitians have years of schooling and require a professional license. They don't deal in this nonsense "found it in a magazine or on Google" kind of diet.

Referring to this uneducated, unqualified person as a dietitian is very wrong.

Forget everything this person told you because it's lies and BS.
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    I went because some people lost with him but i feal miserable. i came for advice...he made me belive fruit is bad
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I went because some people lost with him but i feal miserable. i came for advice...he made me belive fruit is bad

Wasn't that a huge red flag to you?

Fruit is good. Eat fruit. Focus on calories first. Log accurately, get enough fat and protein, eat fruit and veggies, and forget the rest.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You either:

A)misheard your dietician
    B)are meeting with an idiot
  • chatogal
    Options

Well, if he makes you feel bad then you have your own answers. I have no idea of what you have to lose, maybe you went to see him because you have an awful lot of weight to lose? It is often harder to start losing when very over weight, maybe the diet he recommends is designed for people who have a lot to lose...who knows...but if you dont like it it..dont do it...simple as that... wishing you all the best xx