Your typical breakfast?

Options
124»

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    CEREAL!!!!!

Actually since I have a really awkward schedule, it's either a protein shake, or a bagel.

I'll snack on cereal like it's going out of style though...crunch berry, frosted mini wheat, fruity pebbles....yeah...not giving those things up!! I don't care how old I get!
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something sweet, I'll make protein powder pancakes. (2 eggs, half a banana, and 1 scoop of protein powder) with a cup or two of fruit.
    If i'm craving something salty, I'll eat eggs with a plate full of vegetables.

I alternate between those two usually because they keep me satisfied and taste sooo good! However if I have a long workout/day ahead of me, I'll eat oatmeal for the extra carbs!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I usually do turkey bacon (sometimes real bacon is I feel like spending more that grocery run, lol) with one egg and two egg whites. I add a slice of toast if I'm super hungry, or some cottage cheese or mozzarella if I want to get some dairy in.
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've only been eating breakfast for 3 weeks--as part of my new year's resolution to conquer compulsive urges later in the day--and so far it`s been great! I usually have:

1 cup blueberries+1 banana+1tbsp peanut butter

or

200 grams of tofu with a condiment

or trail mix when I'm particularly lazy, but that gets out of hand quickly so I try to avoid it :tongue:
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Organic Instant Oatmeal and Black coffee.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1 cup skim milk, 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology, 1 scoop Isopure Banana Cream Protein, 1 cup water. Drink about 1/3 before my workout as part of my pre-workout, then put in freezer during workout and it comes out like a chocolate/banana shake. great for the ride to work.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do a smoothie just about every morning but do allow myself to indulge twice a week with 1 slice of bacon (crisp drained) one fried egg and one thin slice of homemade bread toast with butter.

Lunch I eat my largest meal and then a large salad for dinner. And healthy snacks throughout the day.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    On lifting days: a very large cup of black coffee and a bowl of maple-flavored instant oatmeal mixed with 1 tbsp of crunchy cashew butter

On all other days: just the coffee
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Try fat free half and half for the coffee. it is really good. I don't notice any difference. And this old farm girl is very fussy.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Usually 1 serving of greek yogurt with a bit of muesli, chia seeds and lin seeds. And I eat a low fat frozen waffle with some peanut butter and strawberries on top.

I also have an iced soy latte after my work out :)
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have quick oats made with milk and brown sugar because its easy and I'm a bit useless in the mornings.
  • Shankel27
    Shankel27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal (Quaker old fashioned) with raisins for breakfast in the winter and green smoothies for warm days. Both seem to stick with me through mid morning
  • wide2bride
    Options
    1 whole egg
    4 egg whites
    1/2 c steel cut oats

I LOVE my oats and I could seriously eat them everyday 3 times a day.

I flavor my eggs sometimes with spinach/onion and garlic and oats with blueberries and cinnamon

A backup breakfast would be a cookies n cream protein pancake made just by mixing my whey with egg whites and a little almond milk
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast right now is wholegrain oats made with a cup of skim milk, with sliced banana and chobani yogurt. If I have enough cals, I will add a handful of almonds or walnuts. Yum!

If I'm in a hurry, same as above, except 3 weetbix instead of oats.

And a cup of tea (or 2) with a dash of skim milk.

I think breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, which is why I also have breakfast for dinner at least once a week!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Creature of habit here :tongue: I go weeks eating the same thing for breakfast before finding a new 'favourite' and moving onto that. But here are the things I tend to enjoy:

- 3 crumpets w/ PB or Nutella (or jam, honey, margarine, lemon curd, maple/golden syrup...etc.)
    - 50g plain oatmeal w/ hot chocolate or chai latte sachet stirred in (and sometimes sliced banana on top)
    - 2 hard-boiled eggs mashed up in a wrap with peanut butter (sounds gross, but my taste buds love it)

Right now it's:
    - 50g Special K cereal w/ 30g raisins & half a cup of whatever milk I happen to have open (skim, soy, or almond)

And always, ALWAYS, with a cup of tea :smile:
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is my breakfast. Its the only healthy thing I want in the morning.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Each day is different.. One day I might have oatmeal with dried blueberries or bananas along with a serving of cottage cheese.. Other days I'll have 3 large eggs, 3 to 4 oz. ham steak and some toast. Always with a cup of coffee !!