need grilled chicken recipies!!

Options
ok, i beg all of you, please send me some tasty grilled chicken recipies. i am not that creative with food and to be healthy i just broil my chicken plain in the oven. then the next day its dry and uuughhhh... anyway, someones gotta know some delicious healthy ways to make grilled / roasted skinless chicken breast. any help is much appreciated!!!

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The only way I cook my chicken is season it with whatever spices or a mrs dash spice blend then throw it on the George Foreman grill. I need more ideas too hah
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    In for ideas
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    George Forman Grill is the best way for me. Just random spices, throw it on the grill, and it's good. I have salsa that is only 3 calories per tablespoon that I top it with that helps out a lot!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    I just duck through the thickest part of the breast (like cutting a few toes), so it cooks more evenly. Season. Brush with olive oil. Grill on the grill pan. Be careful not to overcook. I like it when there is a very slight tinge of pink inside.

You can also butter fly the breast
    http://www.hispanickitchen.com/profiles/blogs/pollo-a-la-plancha#.UtziXfbFIUs
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I usually slice the breast in half so I have two thinner slices instead of the one big chunk. I find it helps with the cooking time and with the dryness as well (it doesn't have to cook for so long so there is a smaller change of it getting too dry).

I like to marinate my chicken sometimes:
    - olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice and oregano
    - sesame oil, crushed garlic, ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce) and sambal

I also use harissa or just some spices to rub on the chicken before I cook it :)
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I just ate grilled chicken (choped in small pieces), garden salad, tomato, feta cheese and corn. It was delicious!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Crockpot makes life easier ;)

Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken - Delicious! Dare I say... better than the baked version

((SHARE to keep on your timeline))

Ingredients:
    4-6 chicken breasts
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    2/3 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
    1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
    2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
    2 Tablespoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    2 Tablespoons corn starch
    2 Tablespoons water
    Red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:
    Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).

Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired. This can be served over rice. I like wild rice
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Also cubing up the chicken breast, spraying with a bit of olive oil, rolling them in crushed panko flakes with whatever spices you like. Bake at 350 For 25min. Easy finger food or throw on top of a salad.
  • evilscotsman83
    evilscotsman83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    in mornings before work, I prep my lunch by cutting the chicken up into chunks, small dash of olive oil, 1 or 2 table spoons of sweet chilli sauce with salt, pepper and paprika.

I have that with a bag of frozen veggies such as broccoli, carrot and cauliflower. take to work and reheat in microwave at lunch time. pretty tasty and healthy (apart from the sweet chilli sauce.)

if you rather leave out the chilli sauce then you could use other spices like curry powder, cumin, chopped coriander and table spoon of fat free Greek yoghurt. delicious.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Checkout skinny taste.com
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Awesome recipes

Thanks king
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Seasoned salt
    Garlic salt
    Worcestershire sauce

Make sure you use plenty of each, or you won't be able to taste it....sprinkle on both sides and broil.
  • lhogan666
    Options
    Marinate the chicken over night before cooking. You can use fat free Italian dressing or mix something on your own. I combine OJ and a little soy sauce with garlic powder & pepper. Make some extra marinade and keep it on the side. You can cook it in the microwave for a minute or two and put a little on steamed veggies.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I do mine several ways, but my three go to recipe's are fairly simple:

1. Parsley & Basil grilled on a stove top pan, only thing in the pan is cooking spray, you'll cook it just long enough that the exterior is white and semi-cooked; place the breast into a oven safe container & cover w/foil, continue cooking until cooked through, allow to rest for a few mins before serving - the natural juices in the chicken will be there and it'll be nice & moist and full of the natural herb flavor.

2. A Spanish Chicken rub that I made myself - cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion flakes - repeat the same process from above.

3. Just a little pepper and a touch of butter in the pan, same process as in #1

#'s 1 & 3 work well in salads, by themselves, or on a sandwich!

I've found that the pan searing and then oven cooking works well for all meats! (yes we watch a LOT of Food Network programs and picked up this trick)
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Italian dressing is the easiest marinade ever.

But you can make your own marinades using creativity or inspiration online. It really helps the chicken stay moist.

I also made the world's easiest Crock Pot chicken saturday

Chicken Breast
    A jar of salsa or tomato sauce
    Chicken stock or water

Put the chicken breast in the crock pot, dump on the salsa or tomato sauce (I used both) and add stock or water to cover the breasts. You can probably add extra seasoning, etc but I thought it was good how it was. If you shred it in the pot, too, it would be great to add to a tortilla.

My best friend also just dumps the chicken in with a bunch of Buffalo Wing sauce and let's it cook.
  • Wendy__D
    Wendy__D Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When you do it in the oven the last few minutes top it with a red pasta sauce and shaved parmesan for easy chicken parm. Or when you start cooking at a tbsp or two of bbq sauce.

Stir fry

or if you want "plain" chicken to add into stuff bake it in a dish with sides where you can add chicken broth. go about halfway up the chicken with broth. (good for stuff like chicken salad).

Look up marinades of the Asian flavor. Teriyaki, Mongolian, etc.

Hope that helps!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Awesome recipes

Thanks king

I love skinnytaste! She's amazing!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Marinate the chicken over night before cooking. You can use fat free Italian dressing or mix something on your own. I combine OJ and a little soy sauce with garlic powder & pepper. Make some extra marinade and keep it on the side. You can cook it in the microwave for a minute or two and put a little on steamed veggies.

Sounds delish!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like to coat with fat free 10cal mayo, or plain greek yogurt, then roll in a parmesan bread crumb mix and bake. You could also cover it in crushed corn flakes.

Sometimes I wet them with just water and coat in taco seasoning, bake, then top with a spoonful of salsa and sour cream. I also do that in the crockpot and shred the chicken up for tacos.