7000 Calories Burn Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• collettemrk
    Options
    I also wear a HRM . It's a Garmin 305 and it seems to be very accurate.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm not up to that right now, I'm doing the Bob Greens total body workout, But I will add cardio later, maybe I can jump in then. I really like the looks of that German Shepard, is he your's? I have a 7 month old girl, love her to death!

Yes she's mine .She's 8 and her name is Bonyta!!
  • JagMisra
    Options
    Maybe if I paint the house this weekend, I should be able to burn atleast 3000 :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I actually did that challenge on my own over 6 days and succeeded. :heart:

I would love to do it again, but im still fighting off a cold and im doing low impact right now.
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I'll give it a shot....not sure how I'll work it in but that'll be half the challenge! Maybe I can do lunges across the warehouse to the bathroom all day? :laugh:

LOL!!!

Maybe I'll give it a shot. I don't really want to loose any weight, but I wouldn't mind going into Thanksgiving with some wiggle room.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start for day 1.

P90X Shoulders & Arms plus Ab Ripper X = 439
    Cybex Arc Trainer 55 minutes, 30lb resistance = 679

For a grand total of 1118 calories. 5,882 to go.
  • smilegirly
    smilegirly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think I am up for the challenge. I need something to motivate me. So where is the best place to get an HRM and does it keep track of calories burned?
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want to spend. You can get a pretty decent one by sportline that is the watch style for under 50 bucks at a Sports Authority, Target, or Walmart. You could also opt for a higher end one by Garmin or Polr for 70-100. Then there is the Body Bugg which does a lot more... thats 189-250 depending on if you want the wrist display or not. 24-hourfitness.com
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll give it a shot. I've done 4800 in a week with a day off, just means I don't get my day off this week and I count all my golf calories on Friday. Wednesday to Tuesday right?

Wednesday: 815 (gotta pick it up tomorrow!)
  • collettemrk
    Options
    I think I am up for the challenge. I need something to motivate me. So where is the best place to get an HRM and does it keep track of calories burned?
    Yes it keeps track of calories.I own a Garmin 305 & bought it on ebay.You can probably find them at ****'s or any sporting goods store in your are.The 305 cost me $175 about three years ago.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Today I rode my bike for 17.19 miles = 999 calories burned 7000
    I played softball for 90 minutes = 276 " " " " " "

Total =1275 calories burned 5725 calories to go!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Oh... Were we supposed to start today? I'll just trail behind you all then! I like to start new challenges with a new "weight loss" week which is from Saturday to Saturday for me. So, I'm guessing I've sort of accepted your challenge. Just changed it a bit! :) 3500 for Thanksgiving week. That okay?

Anyways, you guys are amazing. I can't help but to wonder how you've found the time to bike over 17 miles and play an hour and a half of softball! Keep it up! (If you can... Jeez, I think if it were me doing that everyday, I'd just about die.)
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    806 burned. Fells short today. But there's tomorrow.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Oh... Were we supposed to start today? I'll just trail behind you all then! I like to start new challenges with a new "weight loss" week which is from Saturday to Saturday for me. So, I'm guessing I've sort of accepted your challenge. Just changed it a bit! :) 3500 for Thanksgiving week. That okay?

Anyways, you guys are amazing. I can't help but to wonder how you've found the time to bike over 17 miles and play an hour and a half of softball! Keep it up! (If you can... Jeez, I think if it were me doing that everyday, I'd just about die.)

Whatever you can do that's cool!! The reason I'm able to find the time is I'm semi-retired!!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Fell way short.....maybe? I don't have a HRM (yet) so I'm only going by the exercise I KNOW I did, which doesn't include all the small things throughout the day.

-674 Day 1
    6,326 To go
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options

Whatever you can do that's cool!! The reason I'm able to find the time is I'm semi-retired!!

Oh my gosh, when I first glanced I though you said you are "semi-retarded"! I was wondering how that gave you more time???
  • collettemrk
    Options
    For those doing this challenge I think it would be cool if you put the way you're burning your calories in your posts.It may help others to see the variety of healthy activities available to everyone trying to be healthy!! Great start to those who have posted.

KEEP IT GOING!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: 815 (50 minute cardio sculpt class(367) and 45 minute spin class(448)
    Thursday: 830 (walk dog (56), 7 mile run/walk intervals (730), yoga abs and stretching (52))

Not hitting a 1000 a day, but this is making me workout a little harder and longer than usual. I usually only do a 5 mile interval but went an extra 20 minutes to burn more calories! (plus I have a happy hour to go to tonight so need those extra calories!)
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Ok I am definitely doing this next week because it's thanksgiving break and I won't have class to go to. This week I am almost at 3500, I have planned to burn 600 tomorrow, then go on an easy bike ride Sat as sort of a rest day, then start this! If it goes well, I will do it again during the longer winter break.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Im on a 3500 goal, but I think I am almost ready to up it to 5000 since its only Thursday and I basically hit my goal! 7000 sounds AWESOME but super challenging. maybe after school is out