Replies

• tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Stories section on xhamster > 50 shades of grey
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    this is not what a dominant and submissive relationship are supposed to reflect. it was an abusive relationship more than anything.

Theres a difference between a healthy Dominant sexual relationship and an Abusive relationship. If it gets your rocks off though, go for it. lol
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I love to read. I read all three of the Fifty Shades of Grey books, they were quick easy reads with some *exciting* parts. I didn't love it, but it kept me entertained. Unlike a lot of James Patterson books where the writing makes the book too painful to read. Those are absolutely different genres, by the way.

Favorite series of all time: The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Amazing.
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    . who, in fact, did the author sleep with to guarantee such success?

Why do people only ask something like that when the author is a woman? I get that the book sucks, but sexist much? Geez
  • harderpa
    harderpa Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love it. And I love it because it goes on about the man's post and why he is that way and the fact that people are really like that. I hired I just dig it. I haven't read crossfire.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I thought it was disappointing, especially the way it ended.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    She slept with this guy...http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0502727/
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would not read that book, I read parts of it and I won't read the books for 2 reasons:
    1. I cannot enjoy it if I am constantly annoyed by the grammar, style and whatever. It bothers me. Even if it were the sexiest book in the world it would still annoy me too much.
    2. I read the chapter summaries at a blog called pervocracy and it seems pretty clear that the guy is an abusive control freak without too much consideration of women's opinions and emotions. I do love strong men. But that guy is abusive and I don't find it very alpha to find himself a little unexperienced girl and practically force her in a relationship where he controls most of her life - including what she eats. Sounds like he needs a good shrink. Not sexy at all.
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did read it, but I had much more fun reading this blog reviewing how crappy the book was written... lol.:laugh:

http://bizzybiz.blogspot.ca/2012/06/50-heaves-of-puke.html
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I love it. And I love it because it goes on about the man's post and why he is that way and the fact that people are really like that. I hired I just dig it. I haven't read crossfire.

That's probably the worst part, because it makes people think that people with sexual fetishes were all somehow messed up as kids.

But hey, if you liked it you liked it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I love to read. I read all three of the Fifty Shades of Grey books, they were quick easy reads with some *exciting* parts. I didn't love it, but it kept me entertained. Unlike a lot of James Patterson books where the writing makes the book too painful to read. Those are absolutely different genres, by the way.

Favorite series of all time: The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Amazing.

You are my new hero. Echoing all my thoughts in one post! Although the Dark Tower is locked in tight with LOTR for me. I did love all the DT books and it was dreadful waiting all those years for each one!
  • ChihuahuaLover864
    Options
    I was not a fan. I did read all three, and while the writing was quite poor, that's not my biggest problem. As someone who writes erotica and has participated in the BSDM lifestyle, I didn't think it was very accurate. The bedroom scenes were similar (or maybe that was actually the writing) and the relationship was unrealistic. It actually seemed more like an abusive relationship than that of a true Dom/sub.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Not everyone with a past becomes a sexual predator with a messed up psyche.... that being said, I read them and they were a quick, enjoyable read. I kind of skipped a lot of the sex acts, because they were so repetitive. Same thing with the Clan of the Cave Bear series, skipped the sex and just enjoyed the story.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was not a fan. I did read all three, and while the writing was quite poor, that's not my biggest problem. As someone who writes erotica and has participated in the BSDM lifestyle, I didn't think it was very accurate. The bedroom scenes were similar (or maybe that was actually the writing) and the relationship was unrealistic. It actually seemed more like an abusive relationship than that of a true Dom/sub.

agree with above poster completely, as i stated earlier. lol
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I found it to be enjoyable for what it was. Titillating erotica. So shoot me.
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    this is not what a dominant and submissive relationship are supposed to reflect. it was an abusive relationship more than anything.

Theres a difference between a healthy Dominant sexual relationship and an Abusive relationship. If it gets your rocks off though, go for it. lol

^ this

I think the only thing that irritates me more about this series is the fact that it portrays people interested in bondage as damaged :noway:

The 'spotlight' series is very good at portraying a more healthy sub/dom relationship, and I highly recommend it for anyone interested :bigsmile:

Also, 'The girlflesh institute' is a very good read :happy:
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    with love ladies, you aren't really reading it to critique the writing are you:huh: ... I personally enjoyed it for what it was, smut, easy read with a hot kinky control freak male lead! I dig that lol and I will be going to see the film version when it arrives in the sunny UK!

It certainly wasn't meant to be critically acclaimed so enjoy it for what it was...

LOL THIS. That is exactly why I read it.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

^ this

I think the only thing that irritates me more about this series is the fact that it portrays people interested in bondage as damaged :noway:

The 'spotlight' series is very good at portraying a more healthy sub/dom relationship, and I highly recommend it for anyone interested :bigsmile:

Also, 'The girlflesh institute' is a very good read :happy:

Ooo! Who's spotlight by? I tried googling and too many different books came up haha
  • ChihuahuaLover864
    Options

agree with above poster completely, as i stated earlier. lol

Whoops, didn't even read previous posts. Great minds think alike! LOL
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to tie Anastasia up and beat her. Annoying whiny b!tch.

Exactly!!!

It drives me crazy how repetitive it was, seriously how many times can one person bit their lip??? So poorly written, and yet I read it and enjoyed it for the most part. Maybe because it's a very easy mindless read.