CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Honey, chopped walnuts & cinnamon (or pie spice) = tastes like baklava
    Banana & brown sugar & sometimes vanilla extract
    Blueberries/any berries & chopped almonds
    Craisins
    Some pudding!
    Pumpkin or apple butter is yummy, too!

Not so fond of PB, eggs or yogurt in my oats, but someday I may just have to try them :-)
  • caraannstewart
    caraannstewart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pb2, cinnamon, and half a banana. So good!!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    flaxseed & toasted unsalted sunflower seeds!

I did once try adding my favorite vanilla protein powder (which is ok mixed w/just water imnsho and a thing of joy in smoothies)...truly repulsive.

Never again *shudders*
  • recoveryoga
    recoveryoga Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit! apples, banana, peach, strawberries. and then sometimes greek yogurt for extra protein. and nut butter or chopped nuts and it's a complete meal with everything you need. and chia seeds or flax seeds too!
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Chopped granny smith apple, dried sour cherries and chopped walnuts. It is making me drool just thinking about it.
  • katal41
    katal41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i add 2 tbsp walnuts and 1 tbsp dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of blueberries.
  • ZoeOnly
    ZoeOnly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually just add a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter and a splash of milk. Definitely going to try to find some chia seeds at the grocery store this week to add to my oatmeal too!
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1/2 c oats
    1 TB dried cranberries (for some sweetness)
    1 TB chia seeds
    1 TB sunflower seeds or nuts
    cinnamon
    unsweetened almond milk

Everyday and I love it!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    bump for later I need to switch up - I am boring with brown sugar :ohwell:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Oats, 1/2 cup Almond Milk, and 1 tbsp of Nutella. Tastes like a cookie! I eat it with my morning berry and kale smoothie.
  • Today I am going to eat oatmeal for the first time!!! (instead of the usual bagel). I will add a bit of yoghurt
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    protein powder
    natural peanut butter
    almonds
    cashews
    cinnamon
    cocoa powder
  • goredguar
    goredguar Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do Scottish style porridge (oats and water) but then chuck in Greek or vanilla yoghurt & raisins. Bliss in a bowl.
  • jodiegrl2
    Options
    Slivered almonds and dried cranberries or applesauce...YUM
  • Jfox2014
    Jfox2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and honey. I sometimes also add sultanas, berries, bananas.Yum
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've resolved with myself to just avoid oatmeal altogether. It tastes incredibly bland to me and to counteract that I get too carried away with toppings, turning my healthy bowl of oatmeal into a bowl of sugar, essentially.

I've tried all these healthy tricks with fruit and such but it just doesn't take the blandness away for me. Rather than risk myself dumping brown sugar and butter in it, I just back away slowly! Don't want to put myself in a bad situation if I can help it! ;)
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I cook the one-minute version with raisins and add apple butter when it's done.

Never thought I'd like oatmeal so much, but I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
  • Doreen
    Options
    100% pure maple syrup.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Butter!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like old fashioned oats, they don't take much longer to cook and I like the texture better. But occasionally I'll use quick oats, and I add the same stuff either way.

Usually I add two tablespoons craisins, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and a stevia packet or two. Sometimes I'll replace the craisins with sliced banana, or chopped apple. If I use apple I put it in while I'm cooking the oatmeal so that it cooks too.

On occasion I'll add EAS Lean 15 protein powder (vanilla flavor), but that isn't really so much for the taste as for the protein, I like the taste of the oatmeal better without it.