Anyone in or near 40's?

Options

Replies

• audreytnt
    Options
    Hi guys, im new to this, im gonna be 40 in a year or so and I really dont want to be fat and forty so im embarking on this journey with the help of tnt-ffitness instructors.

Im sure we can all encourage each other too.

Audrey :-)
  • NoMoreStretchyPants
    Options
    Just found you guys - I'm 41 and looking to lose 40lbs of baby weight to get back to goal. I've added some of you to my friends list. Anyone reading this who wants to get the best body they can as they get older and not just lose weight, add me!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    My 40s will see me in the best shape of my life, I am determined!!
  • SherryLumpkins
    SherryLumpkins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year and, having failed to lose weight for my birthday, am feeling it's now or never. Would like more MFP friends for motivation :-)
  • dr_stacy
    Options
    Hi! I am in my early 40's and I feel awful too! I notice that many parts of my body are dropping to the ground...gravity has struck and taken its toll! I just started myfitnesspal.com again today. My husband has lost lots of weight through tracking his calories on fitness pal so I am excited to be starting! Good luck and let's keep in touch!
  • dr_stacy
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I just read about the guy who lost weight eating McDonald's because he kept everything in his calorie count. My husband has done the same thing and lost a lot of weight. It doesn't mean you will have a healthy heart but you can lose weight and stay slim as long as you eat within your calorie count.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I'm 45. I've made several changes in my lifestyle. Both with exercise and food. I've never felt younger!
  • walterclark1221
    walterclark1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just turned 39 in December. I just started my life change in November 2013. I've already lost 17 lbs., for me it was a question of how bad I want it. The thing is I had to find out what it is. I finally realized that the it is about me. As I set out this morning on a 29 mile bike ride, I jammed out to Pearl Jam's "I'm Still Alive" stay motivated. You can find a great group of support/friends. Like misery loves company, so does success. Stay alive, stay motivated, most importantly good luck on your journey! :wink:
  • 1cafeaulait
    1cafeaulait Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am totally with you! As I've gotten older I've learned that I can't do the same things I did 20 years ago and maintain a healthy weight! I want to look good, feel good and live long! New here so please add me! I need inspiration!
  • Tasha1927
    Options
    Thought Id bump this to see if there are any peeps in this age range looking for friends.:bigsmile:
  • H20SIS
    H20SIS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and looking for friends in their 40's. I think recovery is much harder the older you get but that's no excuse!
  • katal41
    katal41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am not new either i log on and stay for a while then fall off.. I am in my middle 40's and need to get it together. LOL. I am focused though this time and going to get it done. :)
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    44 here, and every setback I have is basically due to something I did and not my age. I've been too sedentary for too long and when I'm doing everything right, the weight starts falling off (so exercise 4 times a week, an hour each time, drink all my water and less soda, eat within calories and eat back around 1/2 of my exercise calories). When I fall back on bad habits then my weight loss slows down or even attempts to creep back up.

You can do it! Any can add me. I'm doing this with the help of my MFP friends and I try to help them in their journeys too!
  • kathywaters6874
    Options
    Hi and welcome I am 45 and this is my second time on mfp. I lost 70+ lbs the first time and am looking to loose another 75 ... so I can say it can be done in your 40's. Go ahead and feel free to add me if you want. I am looking for some people to incourage me as well !! :)
  • kathywaters6874
    Options
    My 40s will see me in the best shape of my life, I am determined!!
  • kathywaters6874
    Options
    Love That !!
  • mellemelmo
    mellemelmo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turned 44 six days ago. About eight years ago, I lost the weight I gained with the babies and an emotionally destructive marriage, about 65 or 70 pounds, but since then slowly (as the marriage was ending and now getting used to being on my own) I gained most (but not all!) of it back. I don't think age has much to do with it, I just don't think we realize how sedentary we get at work, and then in the off hours how busy, which can also add to eating crappy.

That said, I was never healthy, and never athletic, and I doubt I could have run a 5K when I was 16 even though I was thin. I'm in better shape now, and emotionally much happier... so that's all good. The trouble I find is that I lose about half of what I need to because once you drop 15 or 20 pounds, you look so much better... and I become complacent... and slowly give up the diligence.

This year No More. By the time I turn 45 I will look and feel exactly how I want to, and I will stay there. I intend to act my age and remember that there's no magic, that portions do count... that you can't cheat yourself, and that I will probably just have to pray each morning for help to not act like an idiot around food!

Also, I normally think I can do this stuff on my own, but I think this time around, I'd like to have some friends. :)
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have been at this for almost 3 years. :smile:
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    41:)