Replies

• toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    marinate in cominbed: lime juice, cajun seasoning & Worch. then grill
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Kabobs! Cut the chicken up, throw in some squash, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, red potatoes, whatever you want. Let it marinate in Italian dressing (just like Kraft dressing in the bottle). Put it on some sticks and grill it.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My favourite marinade is from Kalynskitchen.com

Savory Marinade for Chicken, Pork, or Beef
    (This makes enough marinade for 6-8 pieces of meat; I've had this recipe so long I don't remember where I found it!)

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    3 T full fat mayo (do not use Miracle Whip, it has added sugar)
    1-2 T Worcestershire sauce (I used 1 T Worcestershire sauce for chicken but when I used it on pork or beef I increased it to 2 T.)
    1 T lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed
    1 tsp. Veg-Sal or salt
    1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
    1 T Poultry Seasoning
    1 T garlic puree or garlic powder
    1 T sweet paprika, preferably Hungarian paprika (It comes in a tin instead of a jar)
    1/2 T onion powder
    1 tsp. thyme (optional)

Instructions:
    Put all ingredients in jar with tight-fitting lid and shake well until all ingredients are combined. (Don't worry if there are some beads of mayo that don't combine; they will dissolve when you're marinating the meat.)

No matter which types of meat I'm using, I like to make shallow score marks on the surface of the meat to help the flavor penetrate. Put the chicken, pork, or beef in a Ziploc bag or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Pour over just enough marinade to cover the meat, then let it marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours or longer.

To cook, preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. (You can hold your hand there for only about 3 seconds at that heat.) Grill meat 10-20 minutes until chicken or pork feels firm and is lightly browned (or until desired doneness for beef), turning a few times to get grill marks.

Extra marinade will keep in the fridge for at least a week (or maybe longer, but I've never managed to keep it around for more than a week.)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My favourite marinade is from Kalynskitchen.com

Savory Marinade for Chicken, Pork, or Beef
    (This makes enough marinade for 6-8 pieces of meat; I've had this recipe so long I don't remember where I found it!)

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    3 T full fat mayo (do not use Miracle Whip, it has added sugar)
    1-2 T Worcestershire sauce (I used 1 T Worcestershire sauce for chicken but when I used it on pork or beef I increased it to 2 T.)
    1 T lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed
    1 tsp. Veg-Sal or salt
    1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
    1 T Poultry Seasoning
    1 T garlic puree or garlic powder
    1 T sweet paprika, preferably Hungarian paprika (It comes in a tin instead of a jar)
    1/2 T onion powder
    1 tsp. thyme (optional)

Instructions:
    Put all ingredients in jar with tight-fitting lid and shake well until all ingredients are combined. (Don't worry if there are some beads of mayo that don't combine; they will dissolve when you're marinating the meat.)

No matter which types of meat I'm using, I like to make shallow score marks on the surface of the meat to help the flavor penetrate. Put the chicken, pork, or beef in a Ziploc bag or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Pour over just enough marinade to cover the meat, then let it marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours or longer.

To cook, preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. (You can hold your hand there for only about 3 seconds at that heat.) Grill meat 10-20 minutes until chicken or pork feels firm and is lightly browned (or until desired doneness for beef), turning a few times to get grill marks.

Extra marinade will keep in the fridge for at least a week (or maybe longer, but I've never managed to keep it around for more than a week.)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Kabobs! Cut the chicken up, throw in some squash, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, red potatoes, whatever you want. Let it marinate in Italian dressing (just like Kraft dressing in the bottle). Put it on some sticks and grill it.

like this and I also like to make greek lemon chicken using skewers - marinate the chicken in lemon, olive oil, oregano, garlic and whatever other spices you like - if you don't want to grill on the bbq you can just put some water in a pan and lay the skewer accross and stick them in the oven. The water is just so the pan isn't empty.
  • grdad
    grdad Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Herb Grilled Chicken
    - finely chop some sage, thyme, parsley, garlic, lemon zest
    - add a little olive oil, lemon juice and salt
    - pound chicken 1/4" thick and marinate for at least 1 hour
    - grill for about 2 min/side
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I use McCormick grill mates to make marinades for chicken. I cube about 2 pounds worth, let it marinate for a while and then cook in a pan. It stays yummy for days and comes out to 180 calories for 4 oz.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If i'm being lazy I just do a baked breaded chicken....
    wash the chicken strips egg wash then into
    a bread crumb ( I just buy the shaker style from the bread department ) add whatever seasons into it..
    I usually add more garlic powder and like a chilli or cayenne for heat...
    and I do that twice... wash, crumbs, wash, crumbs... throw into a greased pan and into the oven till cooked...
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    These all sound so yummy!
  • shearrerc
    shearrerc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a very good chicken marinade:

3 med garlic cloves, crushed (I use jarred variety)
    1 1/2 t salt
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar (or your sweetner of choice)
    3 T grainy mustard (I use dijon)
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    juice of 1 lime (3 T from a bottle)
    juice of 1/2 large lemon (2 T from a bottle)

mix above ingredients, then wisk in:
    6 T olive oil
    black pepper to taste

marinate chicken several hours or overnight
  • frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A tasty and EASY way is to just marinate it in low fat Italian dressing. It is easy and great tasting - gotta love that my 18 year old daughter taught me that recipe :smile:
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Someone on here introduced me to the wonders of sweet chili sauce (usually I find in the Asian aisle of the grocery store). Dice the chicken, cook in the sweet chili sauce as a stirfry with broccoli. YUM.