I've run out of calories and I haven't even had dinner?

Options

Replies

• Angelz23
    Angelz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ohhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

put down the brownies and skip dinner...

Is he trying to be silly or what? That is the worst advice ever!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk, run, hike, bike ride. Do something to move and burn the calories you will need for dinner. Make yourself a light mean and remember to put down all the brownies tomorrow.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Don't skip meals. Try to squeeze in a nigh workout
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Go run again and eat a small low fat or fat free snack. If you still feel hungry after the snack take a sleeping pill so you won't eat again til morning. P.S. Throw away the brownies.
    :noway: Horrible advice.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    And in the future - try black bean brownies. Experiment until you get one that works for you. A great way to get your beans (fiber) in and have a wicked tasting treat. I make mine with xylitol, glycerin or stevia because for me the sugar can be an issue, and make it with extra cocoa. If you're not a fan of those, you'll find whatever works for you. Coconut oil gives a little sweetness too, nuts add protein, add peanut butter on top and get another dimension.
  • CEThornton
    Options
    Eat dinner, realize you set yourself back a day in meeting your goal weight, and learn next time to have a half a brownie (or whatever leaves you with dinner calories) and move on.
    totally....
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day ???
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner, realize you set yourself back a day in meeting your goal weight, and learn next time to have a half a brownie (or whatever leaves you with dinner calories) and move on.
    ^this. One day is not going to ruin your progress/stop you from reaching your goals. Far better to treat it as a learning experience (ie plan better next time, and practice moderation) than to develop a worse relationship with food by skipping dinner or over-compensating with unplanned workouts.

+
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day ???

This.

I wouldn't skip dinner if I was hungry. 400-500 calories over one day is small potatoes in the grand scheme.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I must say I am TOTALLY dismayed by the number of people advising OP to work out again. :noway:

That is a recipe for developing an eating disorder.

OP, you over ate one day. ONE. Out of many many days either past or to come. Just log your brownies, your dinner, and move on. I ate almost 1,000 calories in freshly baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday. No regrets, they were FABULOUS. And I logged every last one. And today is a new day. Isn't it awesome how that happens?
  • JesterMFP
    Options
    I must say I am TOTALLY dismayed by the number of people advising OP to work out again. :noway:

Agreed. She already went for a run this morning. So, she goes and works out now to "earn" dinner - what if she "slips up" and has too much dinner? Or another brownie? Do another workout as punishment?
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk and eat dinner.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad...It's life... sometimes you're going to eat some brownies. Or have some beers... or eat a cupcake, an ice cream, and maybe couple of candy bars... OMG! Your life isn't over and your progress isn't going to derail over one mistake!

EAT DINNER!!

Sometimes you just have to realize that life is going to happen and move on.

If you feel like working out harder tomorrow...fine; but don't skip meals....don't quit eating brownies (although I am thinking one small one is better than a whole pan full) lol!

I think so many times people forget to realize that it's a life change... not a diet! When you stop thinking about it as such...you'll see that it's an everyday, all day... minute by minute decision to make your eating habits and essentially your life better...

Don't beat yourself up... keep moving forward. :)
  • RagingThespian
    RagingThespian Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad...It's life... sometimes you're going to eat some brownies. Or have some beers... or eat a cupcake, an ice cream, and maybe couple of candy bars... OMG! Your life isn't over and your progress isn't going to derail over one mistake!

EAT DINNER!!

Sometimes you just have to realize that life is going to happen and move on.

If you feel like working out harder tomorrow...fine; but don't skip meals....don't quit eating brownies (although I am thinking one small one is better than a whole pan full) lol!

I think so many times people forget to realize that it's a life change... not a diet! When you stop thinking about it as such...you'll see that it's an everyday, all day... minute by minute decision to make your eating habits and essentially your life better...

Don't beat yourself up... keep moving forward. :)
    + 1 Great advice!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    There are many filling, no-low calorie alternatives. Pick one, drink some water (or tea) stop sweating it, and eat a little less tomorrow.

Sleeping is a good thing to do but avoid sleeping pills unless you really need sleep (not to avoid eating). 3-5mg of melatonin is generally safe.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

OP, you over ate one day. ONE. Out of many many days either past or to come. Just log your brownies, your dinner, and move on. I ate almost 1,000 calories in freshly baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday. No regrets, they were FABULOUS. And I logged every last one. And today is a new day. Isn't it awesome how that happens?

eh, I don't seethe issue with telling someone to go walk an extra mile or lift for an extra 45 minutes ....

we usually agree, but me thinks you are being a bit extreme on this on :)
  • JesterMFP
    Options

eh, I don't seethe issue with telling someone to go walk an extra mile or lift for an extra 45 minutes ....

we usually agree, but me thinks you are being a bit extreme on this on :)
    Because using exercise specifically to compensate for overeating is a classic feature of eating disorders. She already did her planned workout for the day. Making that psychological link between (extra/unplanned) exercise as a compensation (or even worse, punishment) for eating can be tricky.
  • chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Go run again and eat a small low fat or fat free snack. If you still feel hungry after the snack take a sleeping pill so you won't eat again til morning. P.S. Throw away the brownies.
    :noway: Horrible advice.
    [/quote] @JesterMFP The brownie part or running again?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I ate a few too many brownies and now I'm in the negatives. It's only 3 pm. Should I skip dinner/not eat for the rest of the day?

Yes.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    How far in the negatives are you? You're set at a calorie deficit, likely of 1 lb a week, so going 500 calories over is worst case scenario a day at maintenance intake.

I would eat dinner if you are hungry, making sure you get some protein.

And now I realllly want brownies.