How can I get perkier boobs?

Replies

• RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Don't listen to the bros. Your breasts are beautiful regardless of shape or size because they're a part of you and because they can do pretty amazing things (growing humans anyone?).

Anyway working out your chest will help keep them shapely- push ups, pull ups, chest and back strength training. I'm also a member of team bare breasts (aka not wearing a bra all the time). I've read that giving your chest a break from the constraints of a bra helps to increase blood flow in the area and allows chest muscles to work at holding up the girls and grow stronger. This sounds like more of a pseudo science, but it's comfortable and works for me at least around the house.

Above all else be proud of what your body can do and not just how it looks :wink:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Pushups, bench presses and a really good pushup bra!

bench presses, cannot emphasize this enough! they strengthen the muscles which hold your boobs in place. which makes them perky

Unfortunately, your breast sit ABOVE the pecs, and are suspended by ligaments only. So...no.

So this is a false statement?

"Exercises that focus on the pectoral muscles, such as bench pressing, can help your chest appear stronger and firmer. This occurs because the pectoral muscles help to support the breast tissue, which means that they allow the breast tissue to sag more if they are weak."

I lift. My boobs got perkier. Call me crazy.

Edited to add: I had results lifting heavy, 45lbs+.

I won't call you crazy. But the breasts are supported by the Cooper's Ligaments, not by any muscle. If you google the anatomy of a breast, you will see that the pectoralis muscle lies under the breast, and has no function when it comes to supporting it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Cooper’s Ligament
    Many articles about breasts and fighting sag mention muscles in the breasts. Muscle is close, but it’s not entirely accurate: the breasts are actually secured by connective tissue called Cooper’s Ligament. This connective ligament runs from the clavicle through and around breast tissue to the dermis of the skin overlying the breast. Without the internal support of the Cooper’s Ligament, the breast tissue sags under its own weight and loses its normal shape and contour. Breast tissue is heavier than the surrounding fat, and strain to this ligament can wreak havoc on your shapely silhouette and contours.

What Causes Breast Sag?
    Basically, anything that damages the Cooper’s Ligament can cause your breasts to sag over time. These things include stretching or pulling on the ligament through strenuous exercise; when your breasts bounce up and down. Additionally, when your breasts swell during pregnancy, your Cooper’s Ligament may be unprepared to support them and may need help with support in the form of a good pregnancy or nursing bra. Finally, every-day encounters with gravity wreak havoc on your Cooper’s Ligament; if you’ve got large breasts, your breasts can sag under their own weight because of the continuous strain on your Cooper’s Ligament.

http://blog.biggerbras.com/?p=637

what-is-a-cooper-ligament
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    This may not be an option for you, since you say your boobs are bigger than you like, but I just stopped wearing a bra. Cold turkey. I heard that bras may hinder natural small chest muscles that support the boobs. As I am a smallish A, it wasn't like I needed one, and idgaf if my headlights show every now and then,so I thought why not, I'll give it a try . Fast forward about 6 months later, and I'm showing marked improvement in my girls' perkiness.
    This makes sense to me. I wear a bra, but use one that is not constrictive, and does not have underwire.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Surgery and push up bra's.
    This may not be an option for you, since you say your boobs are bigger than you like, but I just stopped wearing a bra. Cold turkey. I heard that bras may hinder natural small chest muscles that support the boobs. As I am a smallish A, it wasn't like I needed one, and idgaf if my headlights show every now and then,so I thought why not, I'll give it a try . Fast forward about 6 months later, and I'm showing marked improvement in my girls' perkiness.

yeah gravity doesn't work like that- but thanks for playing.

Here ya go. 'Thanks for playing'!

http://www.counselheal.com/articles/4852/20130411/bras-make-breasts-saggier-15-year-french-study-reveals.htm
  • QuietBloom
    Get one of those herbal formulas for enhancing the breasts, they really do work! I have used them, and will do it again at some point. They are actually good for your breasts/female system. Just be sure you are able to follow the (simple) protocol for taking them (ie, you shouldn't be on a fat-loss diet at the same time as using the formula for breast-enhancement).

Careful. You know you are rubbing estrogen cream on them, right?
  • QuietBloom

Here ya go. 'Thanks for playing'!

http://www.counselheal.com/articles/4852/20130411/bras-make-breasts-saggier-15-year-french-study-reveals.htm

Meh. From your own link:

However, Rouillon says the findings do not mean all women should throw away their bras.

"It would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing their soutien-gorge as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population," Rouillon said, according to The Connexion.

While his initial results "validated the hypothesis that the bra is a false 'need'," he says that women who have been wearing bras for a long time would not gain any benefit from stopping now.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    What good genetics giveth, gravity, breast feeding, and weight gain and loss taketh away. AKA "Coopers Droop."
    Enjoy it while you have it and either accept or start that cosmetic surgery slush fund.
  • MinMin97
    Get one of those herbal formulas for enhancing the breasts, they really do work! I have used them, and will do it again at some point. They are actually good for your breasts/female system. Just be sure you are able to follow the (simple) protocol for taking them (ie, you shouldn't be on a fat-loss diet at the same time as using the formula for breast-enhancement).

Not an estrogen cream, an herbal capsule. Here's an example of what I took (there are a number of brands with the same formula, here's one):
    http://beauti-full.com/productinfo.htm
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    A) I have really nothing going on upfront to write home about
    B) I personally find when I swim a lot it build the muscles behind leading to some perk increase
    C) My underwear drawer has more combined padding than a mattress factory
    D) I don't tend to wander around topless in public so I figure it doesn't matter
    E) I tend to only get naked in front of folk who are keen enough to overlook the boob situation
    F) If above people don't overlook the above situation they are likely to end up sporting a black eye
  • I have lady pecs. My boobs haven't gotten bigger or perkier but having pectoral muscles has made them look better.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/955124-what-weight-lifting-does-for-small-boobs

Thanks for link. You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    But I am concerned about sagging breasts. I'm only 21 and my breasts are already starting to sag. It makes me sad. :cry:

So my question is what I can do to get perkier breasts or at least make sure they don't get saggier and deflated with weight loss?

Find someone to hold it up for you.

Atlas held up the world on his back , I'm sure someone can do the same for your boobs.
  • You are 21 ?

Let me give you a straight up answer.

Gravity. We must fight it. It isn't kind. Genetics play a role, but there are DEF things you can do.

I'm 50. D cups. my boobs are genetic from my grandmother along with her stubbornness. I've been overweight since I was 8 with bouts of losing and regaining 50 lbs several times in my life. 3 years ago I was at my highest weight of 238 and a size 44DD.
    I'm now a 36D. My boobs are pretty darn perky and firm. Since we are already bordering TMI territory : lying down = pretty damn perky.

my advice?

unless u r sleeping : WEAR A BRA

Wear a GOOD, supportive bra

Strength train. Training Pecs are NOT just for men.
    progressive, sustained strength training. Meaning : you will not see or maintain results in a few weeks or months.

If you do high impact sports/ exercises : high compression sports bras

Rapid weight loss is not a good thing for our muscle mass - that includes our chest muscles.

You are 21 - you have a lifetime of opportunity to obtain and sustain good eating habits and strength training. I WISH I'd learned about it at your age.

Good luck!

Jen

Thank you! That's the plan! :flowerforyou:
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    I think the "perkier breasts from weight lifting/exercise" phenomenon can be explained by the improvement of posture associated with doing so, not any sweater puppy remodelling.
  • Thanks for the responses everyone! Some of them were just silly, but I had a good laugh. :tongue:
  • QuietBloom

Not an estrogen cream, an herbal capsule. Here's an example of what I took (there are a number of brands with the same formula, here's one):

OK then, an estrogen pill. 'Herbal' just means they are phytoestrogens (from plants) but act the same way in the body. There are cancers that grow faster in the presence of estrogen. That is one reason why eating soy (unless it is fermented, which removes the phystoestrogens) as a meat replacement is not recommended.
  • Thelala
    Thelala Posts: 47 Member
    nice solid answer!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member

Actually, there are some breast-measuring folk who agree with her.

http://gawker.com/5994391/creepy-french-scientist-is-adamant-that-women-should-not-wear-bras

http://www.brafree.org/faq.html

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/braless-best-study-says-bras-breasts-saggier-161300096.html
  • MinMin97

OK then, an estrogen pill. 'Herbal' just means they are phytoestrogens (from plants) but act the same way in the body. There are cancers that grow faster in the presence of estrogen. That is one reason why eating soy (unless it is fermented, which removes the phystoestrogens) as a meat replacement is not recommended.
    You'll just have to read the product info page and the FAQ page for yourself. Are you the expert on how/why the formula works?
  • QuietBloom

You'll just have to read the product info page and the FAQ page for yourself. Are you the expert on how/why the formula works?

Wow. LOL. I read them. I also happen to know what they put in the pills. Estrogen makes breast tissue grow. That includes cancerous tissues. Mexican wild yam for instance: As they even say on their product webpage, sometimes used as a hormone replacement therapy.

Your welcome!
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Not for nothin', but I looked at your link when you posted it and the first ingredient listed is saw palmetto, which is high in phytosterols. And at the bottom of its description (I didn't read it all, just skimmed) it says it has no side-effects or drug interactions, which is patently untrue.