Over 300 lbs to lose

Options
Hello all!
My name is Sarah and I just wanted to introduce myself and see if there is anyone else that has a large amount of weight to lose so that we can connect. I have over 300 lbs to lose and it is very daunting but I'm excited about this journey.
It's amazing where everyones breaking point is and mine is definitely here. I refuse to live this way any longer and I'm hoping that I will be able to encourage others along their journey as well.
I have just begun a vegan diet and when I say diet I just mean my way of eating not "diet" in the traditional sense of the word. I think "diets" have done me more harm than good and I will never again "go on a diet".
So here we are, all of us reaching for the same goal. Let's do it!

Replies

• Centerstagekris
    Options
    Good for you!! I wish you the best of luck on your journey! You can do it!!
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You've found the right place! Lots of tools and support here. Good luck! Stick with it and you'll do fabulously!
  • trachnurse
    Options
    I just wanted to say welcome to MFP, it is a great site with many very super supportive people! Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your descision to start your journey! I KNOW you're going to love it here. You have all the tools and support you could ever want right at your fingertips. Just know that you CAN and you WILL do this! And you'll do it the healthy and permanent way with MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • Starlyte123
    Options
    My goal ultimately is to lose around 100 lbs if not more. I'm glad you're trying this out like I am. I've done the usual diets here and there but nothing made me more aware of what I was doing than this. Good luck and hopefully we'll get there!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I have to warn you... this site is ADDICTIVE!! But what an awesome addiction to have!! :) You can totally do this! Set small goals for yourself... and small goals add up to huge ones!! I like to concentrate on 10 lb. goals - that way it doesn't seem as daunting. Congratulations for taking control of your health and your life!
  • Guber3mom
    Guber3mom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I don't have 300 lbs to lose but would like to encourage you on your journey! I watch the Biggest Loser and like a fool I cry whenever they cry. I also admire the success stories!! I hope you find a fitness pal that has the same goal but do wish you a triumphant journey : )
  • Chrystiner
    Options
    you can do it!
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    With so much to loose you really have the most to gain ... wish you all the best in achieving your goal... it will be hard work but super rewarding !!!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Much respect, there's a lot of smart people here who can help you out and encourage you every step of the way, so don't be shy about asking questions! I wish you luck on your journey, only good things can come from this.
  • ketagirl
    Options
    Welcome and wishing you the best of luck on your journey!!!!!:wink:
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I have seen a thread in the forums with a group of people with 200lbs + to lose. I am in the 100lbs+ group somewhere >< when I get time to read. haha.

But. Welcome none the less. I am sure you'll do just GREAT! :)
  • twinsmommy7
    twinsmommy7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Glad you are here. There's lots of info and great support. Look forward to following your journey. :smile:
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on ur decision to be healthier and this is a great place to start!!
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! I'm going to send you a friend request! Having supportive people to connect with each day has made all the difference for me, and I know it will for you, too!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - it's a really wonderful, supportive site to help you on your journey to a healthier you. You've taken the first big step, and we're all here to help you along the way. You can do this! :drinker:
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on your decision to become healthier!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    welcome!! this place makes it a lot easier to stay on track, in my opinion, because of the wonderful support from other people going through the same thing!!
    you have a GREAT starting attitude!! i think you'll go far :D
  • deramsey89
    deramsey89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am starting out like you are, and i share the feeling of having a large goal being daunting. There is lots of support and aid on this site and i'm sure you can reach your goal!
  • pittgal08
    pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! Thank you all so much for your support!! I don't think I've ever gotten on a weight loss website and recieved so much support in like 10 minutes! You guys are awesome!! I've definitely found home. Thank you all for your support I know I can do this because I have a completely different feeling than I've ever had before. All I feel is positive about my journey and I'm not looking back. I can't wait to get to know you all.