What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Some fruit...
  • CynthiaRodriguez01
    Options
    I have 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese with a boiled egg. I also add sliced green onion for flavor. It's packed with protein.
  • CynthiaRodriguez01
    Options
    You've provided a lot of ideas... and they obviously work. Thanks!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 times a day being 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. I eat protein & vegies at all meals. carbs with the first 3 only.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    unsalted almonds and a banana, apple with some natural almond butter, Wasa crackers with some low sodium turkey breast lunch meat , reduced -fat string cheese and an orange , edamame with a little sea salt (usually some kind of carb with protein)
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Usually a Greek Yogurt or apple/orange/banana.

^^^ This. Daily.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    yogurt and berries. yum
  • xelzbethx
    Options
    I normally go with greek yogurt, or a handful of baby carrots.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    My question is, what can you eat between breakfast and lunch that is more than a snack, but not unhealthy? I was thinking oatmeal? Anyone else have this issue of waking up early, and getting super hungry before lunch time? What do you do?
    I don't eat in between meals. In my opinion, bad habits are formed or reinforced that way. I just focus on having decent meals.
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat a string cheese at about 9:00am.
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love pears with cinomon and a tablespoon of peanut butter its good,does not weigh you down and fills you up. I but the jumbo pears.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    food
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I started my first job 2 weeks ago. My life has changed from being an active student, to sitting all day, and waking up early, and fitting exercise into my schedule with my long commute.

I have to wake up at 6AM, eat breakfast around 7AM (2 eggs, and 2 toast). I find myself lightheaded at work by 11AM. It is too early for lunch, but a snack doesn't seem enough. Sometimes I end up eating my lunch at this time, but then get hungry again by 3:30-4PM. And then I feel lightheaded during my commute home. To avoid this, I end up eating chilli and bagel around that time. But then, I am not really hungry for dinner, and do not end up eating much (maybe 1/4 cup rice and some veggies)

My question is, what can you eat between breakfast and lunch that is more than a snack, but not unhealthy? I was thinking oatmeal? Anyone else have this issue of waking up early, and getting super hungry before lunch time? What do you do?

Eat whatever you want to eat so long as it fits in your calorie goals. It really is that simple.

All and all, it doesn't sound like you're eating much food in general. You really shouldn't be having issues like light headedness, etc. Perhaps your calorie goals are too aggressive.

If it were me, I'd have a bigger breakfast...but again, that's just me.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything between breakfast and lunch, but I drink lots of water.
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My "go to" snack is a handful of warm almonds! I just sprinkle them with a little bit of water and warm them up in the microwave. They smell wonderful!
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is coffee, morning snack is kind of like a light breakfast. I eat oatmeal, yogurt and fruit, a Special K bar and some fruit. Usually nothing that equals more than maybe 200 calories. Theres also a recipe I use call Overnight Oatmeal. I put in it Greek yogurt, pineapple and uncooked oats. You can google it and theres a bunch of ways to make different flavors. And most are under 200!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Something with protein. Protein keeps me full a long time, a lot longer than oatmeal would. So, greek yogurt, cheese sticks, or a protein shake.
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt... yum
  • lbodzin
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanut butter and an apple or a string cheese stick and a small V8. Usually around 10-10:30. If I don't do that I find my blood sugar drops and I make bad choices at lunch time..
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat half a balance bar between breakfast and lunch, and another half a balance bar between lunch and dinner :)