"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 3

Options

Replies

• Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to check in a week or so...life is so hectic right now. In a good way though :D College is just taking over XD
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to check in a week or so...life is so hectic right now. In a good way though :D College is just taking over XD

As long as youre ok.. :) Its cool.. :)
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting the link pink. I do get lost sometimes. I had to announce i have lost 4 more lbs. Im sorry i dont weiigh every week usually every 2. I was so excited you all must feel my joy lol. Cuz when you all lose i look at the weight tags keep getting higher and higher its so awesome and i get excited for us all.......................................:embarassed:

I can not believe this site is helping me so much. I find my self seeeing people overr wieght and want to tell them so bad about the site and how it could maybe help them. Anyway happy hump day and let the pounds come offf us all lol:laugh:

O one more thing. IN AND OUT BURGER just opened up here and i must confess i have eatn there 2 times its only been open 2 days lol. We have watched it being built for a few months and all the sudden ta da OPEN So I will be driving by it for awhile and its so mouth watering i think maybe i will go a different route lol
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    @Certified, congrats on the 4 pound loss! That is freakin' fantastic. Don't go being apologetic about not weighing more often. I completely know what you mean about wanting to spread the word. I feel like a Mormon on their mission when it comes to MFP. I want to tell everyone the good news! :laugh:

Oh In-n-Out! That is one of my all time favorite places to eat. Word of advice, get your burger protein style! They'll ditch the bun and your burger will be wrapped in lettuce. A protein style cheeseburger is only 330 calories! You save 150 cals by saying see 'ya later to the bun.http://www.in-n-out.com/nutritional_info.asp

Got some of my supplies in for my jewelry today. Hubby and I got to work as soon as we had the envelopes open! LOL Heading downtown to the jewelry district to get my hands on chain and findings tomorrow. Tonight I decided to clean up & organize my workspace (i.e. dining table) and storage space (i.e. closet). Turned on my "Run with Me" pump-me-up playlist and got to work. I'm 16 songs into the 29 song playlist and things are looking a lot neater and tidier around these here parts! I'm done cleaning and organizing for now - time to get to work on making more pretties!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Happy hump day everyone. Hope y'all are having a good Wednesday.

I'm up 0.2 pounds this week to 177.8. Not gonna stress since it is practically a maintain and my body's got this habit of loss-loss-gain, and this was the week for the gain.

I'm going to nudge my weigh-in for this week. I hopped on this morning and got 177.4. I'm taking it because it shows a loss for the week and also marks 20 pounds lost for the year! Giggity Giggity Goo!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Shameless plug alert ;)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/135642-46lbs-to-go-halfway-there-w-pics

I haven't been very active in any threads lately, I do apologize. I've been busting my butt to find a job as well as exercising. My MIL is hounding my hubby about my lack of job and I know he's stressing out. She's being worse than the typical MIL now, and I understand that she did just lose her parents back to back, but lashing out on just Nick and I and playing nice with her middle son and his babys mother makes me feel like crap. But, I just keep moving along, playing it day by day and stearing clear of her for now. *end of mini rant*

Hope you all have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow with my scale results (even though I weighed in early today and had a loss, I still plan to weigh in tomorrow)

XoxoxoxoX Bru
  • AprilVal
    Options
    YAY today I did the FULL 20 minutes of the 30 day shred, level 1.. usually I give up about half way thru.. :) I see some potential in me for once.. :)

Keep up all the good work everyone.. :) Hope your doing well on your Challenges!
  • Sasperilla124
    Options
    Its almost Friday! It has been a long week for me and I'm afraid to see what the scale holds for me tomorrow. I completely fell off the wagon on Monday but have been working to get back on since. I think I'm doing ok, I just don't "feel" skinnier, if you know what I mean.

I also think i hurt my back somehow yesterday. I was doing a kettle bell exercise video, which requires you to bend over with the weight a lot. All day today my back has been very sore... and not in a good way. Its just a small spot in my lower back. Does anyone else ever get this pain?

@ Pinky - Do you make jewelry? I do too!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    @Bru I hope your MIL starts acting normal soon. You and your hubby don't deserve her negativity. Your thread is wonderful! Your success is wonderful! And I have no doubt that you will find a job very soon.

@April - WTG completing the full video! I've never done any of the videos but from all that I hear about them from MFP they sound like a real doozy.

@sasperilla, don't worry, be happy! I totally know what you mean by feeling skinnier. I had one of those moments when one of my size 15 pants still "fit"...as in, they weren't falling off of me and unwearable...which is what I really thought they would do. :/ Be careful straining your back! I've never done kettle ball exercises, but bending over and pulling the weight up with your back sounds dangerous. Don't the all-knowing-"they" say to lift with your knees not with your back? IDK.

And yes I do! I'm just starting out...have been making and selling cards and holiday decorations made from walnuts, but I'm getting into the jewelry thing. And OMG was the bead district downtown FUN! I had such a hard time holding back from all of the shinies surrounding me. A scintillating world of wonderful!

Do you sell your stuff online? Have a website? I'd love to see your things!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    @Bru I hope your MIL starts acting normal soon. You and your hubby don't deserve her negativity. Your thread is wonderful! Your success is wonderful! And I have no doubt that you will find a job very soon.

@April - WTG completing the full video! I've never done any of the videos but from all that I hear about them from MFP they sound like a real doozy.

@sasperilla, don't worry, be happy! I totally know what you mean by feeling skinnier. I had one of those moments when one of my size 15 pants still "fit"...as in, they weren't falling off of me and unwearable...which is what I really thought they would do. :/ Be careful straining your back! I've never done kettle ball exercises, but bending over and pulling the weight up with your back sounds dangerous. Don't the all-knowing-"they" say to lift with your knees not with your back? IDK.

And yes I do! I'm just starting out...have been making and selling cards and holiday decorations made from walnuts, but I'm getting into the jewelry thing. And OMG was the bead district downtown FUN! I had such a hard time holding back from all of the shinies surrounding me. A scintillating world of wonderful!

Do you sell your stuff online? Have a website? I'd love to see your things!0

I havent done the entire video yet. :) Just the entire level 1.. Its is a doozy.. lol.. My arms an legs hurt like heck!! lol,. But its all good.. I love it!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    If anyone would like me to add ANYTHING to the Week 4 Challenges.. let me know by tomorrow afternoon.. After I get everything done Im gonna sit down and get week 4 together.. So message me anything youd like me to add.. Birthdays? Anniversaries? Weight goals hit? ect.. Just send me a message.. Thanks.. hope everyone has enjoyed week 3, and the challenges. Any problems? Finding any weaknesses? Did you hit any kind of goal? or peak?

Happy Thursday (night) Everyone.. :) Stay positive.. Keep smiling.. Youll get there.. I promise.. it is worth it..
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! What a great way to kick off my new lifestyle. :)

Ashley
    SW: 245
    CW: 245 day 1!
    GW for the challenge: 233

I'll definitely do challenge 1 and I'm going to try #2. I'm hoping to join a gym (depending on finances of course) and that will absolutely give me 3 new exercises to try!

OK today is Friday of week 3. Weigh in this morning: 243! I've lost 2lbs! 10 more to to for the 12 lbs of Christmas challenge! Goals met for this week: I exercised longer and more frequently. Not 3 more days, but I'm up to 5 days out of the week doing something, either walking or dancing with my kids or strength building. Thanks ladies!

For week 4...hm. Well it's Thanksgiving, so we could do sometihng Thanksgiving themed. Like goals could be to not skip working out that day, allow yourself 1 indulgence, make the holiday less about food and more about what you are thankful for, take something healthy to your celebration, make a higher water goal for Thursday....etc.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I may be a few days late with the Week 4 unless someone would like to help me out. Last night I got a call from my mom at 2am that my dog Toby had vomitted everywhere and was non responsive. I got there and I got him to be alert and had to rush him to the animal hospital 45 minutes away. They said his organs are all good, his blood work came back good. They think he has a thing that they call vestibular, which effects his since of balance and his stomach. So he may be this way for a few days and snap out or we might have to put him ot sleep. And I soooo dont want ot have to do that. Sorry that Im going to possibly be absent for a couple days. :(
  • NurseMommy
    NurseMommy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hope you pooch is ok, I am a major animal lover, and I would hate to see my babies sick!! I am sure everyone will understand! They become like kids!! Best of luck, ur in my prayers!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Oh no April, I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy! Puppy health issues seem to be going around. :( I hope he gets better!!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Stats

H20 Xmas SW = 239.6
    H20 Xmas GW = 227
    H20 Xmas Weight Lost = 3.3/12

Week 1 Weight = 239.6
    Week 2 Weight = 237.9 (-1.7 lbs)
    Week 3 Weight = 234.4 (- 3.5 lbs)
    Week 4 Weight = 236.3 (+1.9 lbs)

So.....uh......LOL What I can say? I actually do have a reason, but it only took affect yesterday so it's not much of a reason (although I am up significantly since yesterday's weigh in)........our entire kitchen sink is broken. Apparently it's not a good idea to watch ceiling paint in the kitchen sink....Once in the pipes, it forms an inpenetrable seal that blocks the pipe!!! DH's grandmother is here for the first time ever and he spent his time under our sink trying to unclog it. Think we're going to have to remove the entire pipe!!! YUCK...

Tonight's dinner was going to be homemade pasta and salad. Whoops! It's now take out lasagna on paper plates for the WHOLE family.....

Good news is I have aqua fit this morning so I'm kind of smiley!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 197.6

That's 4/12 so far. I just might actually make this one!!!

I don't have much time to individually comment on everyone, but I promise I'm still around. I'm trying to keep busy with exercise especially now since this time last year I stayed curled up on the computer playing facebook games and never leaving that games forum, I was horrible. Literally, the minute I woke up, straight to the game and I'd stay there until bedtime with the obvious times for bathroom and food. I did that for MONTHS and it's how I put on the most weight. I still head to the computer first thing in the morning, but now it's to come to MFP and log losses and food.

We're all still doing ok, it's nice to have a weekend without a wake and funeral to go to. We were gonna head ice skating later with the baby bro in law but he decided his girlfriend has to go roller skating first, so they are arguing about it, lol. SO instead, Nick and I are going to 'the farm' for a few hours tonight, which means a lot of standing around listening to the guys talk about cars :P It wouldn't be so bad if we did other stuff while out there besides drink. Men...pfft. LOL.

Have a great weekend all!!
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well I'm just going to put a short note here since it's my day to weigh-in, and that helps keep me accountable... Sorry to here about your doggy! Pets are dear friends and it hurts to see anything happen to them for sure! We have a border collie and he's such a lovable thing.

This week I did my best to get more water consumption in... I didn't get 3 extra glasses a day though, so I'm going to keep that as my goal for week 4. Did get some walking done, but didn't try out the new exercise (30 day shred)... so will keep that as my goal for the next week as well.

Weight lost this week: 3.8lbs (woo! That's an AWESOME week for me!) It could be because I've been sick a couple days too... meh... it's a loss! :-)
  • Sasperilla124
    Options

Do you sell your stuff online? Have a website? I'd love to see your things!

I started making jewelry about a year ago and am working on setting up an etsy site to sell stuff online. It is a lot of fun!! Unfortunately, my camera went down the crapper and won't take good pictures of my work up close so I need to get a new camera before I can start posting pictures!!
  • Sasperilla124
    Options
    My weigh-in was yesterday and I forgot to post!! I weighed in at 180.6 which means I lost 1.4 pounds this week! I'm happy with that! It was a rough week so I wasn't sure if I was going to lose anything.

SW: 186
    CW: 180.6
    Christmas Challenge GW: 174

Almost half way to my Christmas challenge goal!! Woohoo!!

Since my weigh-in day is usually Friday, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do next week considering that's the day after Thanksgiving and I do plan to indulge a little bit. I may weigh-in on Thursday or I might just skip the weigh-in that week and surprise myself at what happens the week after!