How do you sweeten your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For flavour, I add a teaspoon of cinnamon to mine - I love the stuff. I've cut right down on sweetening so I just have two small teaspoons of Stevia. I also add 20g of pumpkin/sunflower/linseed and sesame seed mix for some Omega 3 and to give it a bit of "bite". Yummmmm...
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Fruit!
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I take a cup of steel cut oatmeal add 2 tablespoons fresh ground peanut butter and 1-2 tsp of raw honey. Great right before a workout!
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i add (1) stevia packet, or 1/2 banana. But i prefer regular organic rolled oats.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Stevia drops, or maple syrup if I want to use the calories.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    One tbsp crunchy peanut butter and two tbsp sugar-free blueberry or blackberry preserves, with about 1/3 cup of matching berries.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I dip my pinkie finger into it for just a second :smile:
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Stevia!
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Eat Oatmeal most mornings and the sky is the limit to what you can do to liven it up, while remaining healthy. Easy start is honey, peanut butter, cinnamon and bananas; however, i've used almost every kind of fresh fruit(lot of blueberries) and also a variety of nuts
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I heat up a banana on stove or microwave and mix it in with cinnamon and nutmeg. Then top it off with some almonds :D yum
    adding a smidge of salt will help! It can bring out natural sweetness!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Honey
    Molasses
    Diced fruit (strawberries and blueberries are my faves)
  • Bane_2014
    Options
    Usually honey and blueberries - frozen blueberries help cool it down quicker if it's too hot so I can scarf it down. Not that I'm always running late or anything.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    A scoop of protein powder and a splash of coconut milk is my go to base.
    A dash of cinnamon and/or some frozen blueberries are a nice enhancement as well.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chips sprinkled in but not stirred in once the rest of it is all ready.
  • vkahlenberg
    vkahlenberg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others who suggested a pinch of salt if your diet allows for it. Not enough to taste salty, but salt increases other flavor sensations such as sweetness. I absolutely love oatmeal, even unsweetened, but never, ever without a little salt.
  • CORTNEY5
    CORTNEY5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use sweetened almond milk in mine (in place of water) and it's only an extra 60 calories.
  • ceruleanjen
    Options
    I like to add a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's also lovely with grated carrot and sultanas..... they add natural sweetness too....
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Big handful of pomegranate seeds. You will thank me!
  • kyregi
    kyregi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I microwave mine with 1% milk and then add frozen blueberries. That cools it down and the juice of the berries will make it nice and sweet.